Skip to main content
Topic: 2015-Rnd 2 West Coast vs Carlton (Read 69904 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015-Rnd 2 West Coast vs Carlton

Reply #135
That's a stubborn Mick Malthouse effort keeping Clem in. Would hate to admit he got it wrong. :))

I've been agreeing a bit too much with you the last few days Carrots!! :P
I tend to agree, a developing player needs game time, not a qtr here or there even if is in a higher grade.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #136
Carlton squad to face West Coast:

B: 17. Sam Rowe, 40. Michael Jamison, 15. Sam Docherty

HB: 33. Andrejs Everitt, 13. Chris Yarran, 42. Zach Tuohy

C: 35. Ed Curnow, 44. Andrew Carrazzo, 6. Kade Simpson

HF: 4. Bryce Gibbs, 2. Troy Menzel, 28. Tom Bell

F: 14. Liam Jones, 23. Lachie Henderson, 3. Marc Murphy (C)

Foll: 36. Cameron Wood, 43. Simon White, 5. Chris Judd

Interchange: 41. Levi Casboult, 9. Patrick Cripps, 22. Jason Tutt, 25. Clem Smith

Emergencies: 27. Dennis Armfield, 38. Ciaran Byrne, 46. David Ellard

In: Casboult, Tutt

Out: Thomas (shoulder), Jaksch (ribs)
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #137
Now to play them where they should be eg Rowe in defense.  How Smith retains a place is beyond me, showed nothing and was a liability.

A little harsh perhaps Prof.

Smith did well in the NAB Challenge and he had a go on Thursday.  Admittedly, he was a little lost and ran out of puff but, along with Jaksch, he has shown more than the other additions to our list.

I agree wholeheartedly with you about playing blokes in their right positions.  Hopefully, Casboult's inclusion will mean that Rowe doesn't have to alternate between CHB, ruck and FF  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #138
Now to play them where they should be eg Rowe in defense.  How Smith retains a place is beyond me, showed nothing and was a liability.

Smith was the same in his first two NAB games before playing pretty well against Geelong.

I reckon you'll see a similar improvement in the real stuff.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #140
I think MM definitely sees something in Clem and will give him time to find his feet in the seniors by persevering with him.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #141
I should add that I'm just a little surprised that one of Armfield, Byrne or Ellard isn't in the 22.

No, I'm not surprised, it's more like puzzled.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #142
Structurally Casboult is a huge addition - thank god they came to their senses, albeit one week late (and perhaps not entirely by choice).

I'm not sure what the club sees in Tutt, but hopefully he can emerge as a Haydn Ballantyne type. Fingers crossed.

Not sure that we'll win, but hoping for the best.

Re: 2015 AFL Season - Rnd 2 West Coast vs Carlton

Reply #143
Seriously, Casboult? ???

He was stitched up by a grand total of zero AFL listed players today! :o

I recall MM talking about having to pick players on form, just last night in the post match, we will see!

Really glad they've gone with Casboult.

Reply #144
It's a night for chest marks so Jones should kick 15.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #145
I should add that I'm just a little surprised that one of Armfield, Byrne or Ellard isn't in the 22.

No, I'm not surprised, it's more like puzzled.

Why?

...for Smith?

Nobody there has shown more than any of the other 21 blokes in the side so far.

If its for Smith, then i think you would be doing more damage by dropping him after 1 game.

Surely lightning couldn't strike twice re early injuries.

Reply #147
Malthouse usually likes to throw the youngsters back in the 2s if they don't hit the ground running in the seniors.

Either Mick is changing or he was happy with Clem's approach to the contest.

Interesting move either way, I prefer this approach that you give the kid a chance.

Reply #148
Malthouse usually likes to throw the youngsters back in the 2s if they don't hit the ground running in the seniors.

Either Mick is changing or he was happy with Clem's approach to the contest.

Interesting move either way, I prefer this approach that you give the kid a chance.

Nannette's favourite player. ;D

Reply #149
^^

Gets a like from me!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!