Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 21: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 29675 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 21: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #120
IF IF IF we decide to keep Casboult, then I'd be chasing hard for Adam Tomlinson and James Stewart from GWS plus another goal kicking small-medium forward.

Delist Liam Jones then. Not sure we'd get anything for Kristian Jaskch. Would keep him and play him CHB at VFL, then in key defence when playing AFL.

We need more mids - that's a given.

Would love another ruck on the list - delist Gorringe and Wood.

Would love Sam Naismith from the Swans.

Otherwise, there's his Swans teammate in Toby Nankervis, who I rated strongly in his draft year.

Or Tom Downie from the Giants, or Zac Clarke from Freo. Maybe there's a state league player we could snaffle either late in the National Draft or in the Rookie Draft.

A cheaper get and backup to Phillips and Kreuzer might be unrestricted free agent Jake Spencer from Melbourne. He's a massive unit and might provide valuable support on little $$.

The pure silk and class from the Giants players, that have been mentioned on here and pretty much everywhere, are Caleb Marchbank and Will Hoskin-Elliott. They are young guns.

Jayden Laverde from Essendon would be a handy get also.

There's lots of good ones out there but we don't have much wriggle room unless we decide to part ways with one or two more 'trade worthy' players - which would be the unpopular view for many on here.

Otherwise, attempting to snaffle a few GWS players, plus keeping our first rounder and snaring another first rounder, would be a decent scenario.

Reply #121
Pratty,

If we chase Laverde after overlooking him to draft Boekhorst the natives will head down to Ikon Park with enough blazing torches to be seen from outer space.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #122
Pratty,

If we chase Laverde after overlooking him to draft Boekhorst the natives will head down to Ikon Park with enough blazing torches to be seen from outer space.

Fair enough, but I don't care - different list manager back then.

Reply #123
@ Pratty

Pratty, I thought Laverde was dyed in the wool Bummer and was desperate to go there? What happened?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #124
@ Pratty

Pratty, I thought Laverde was dyed in the wool Bummer and was desperate to go there? What happened?

Was this the kid that idolised JHird?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #125
@ Pratty

Big Essendon fan who it was implied he put other clubs off at interview time so he could slip down the order...played the last 6 games after being injured all year...had 17 possies and a couple
of goals vs Adelaide a few weeks ago. hard to get a handle on him playing with a poor Essendon team.
Probably testing the Bombers to see if they will up his next contract offer...I think he will stay a bomber...

Reply #126
Big Essendon fan who it was implied he put other clubs off at interview time so he could slip down the order...played the last 6 games after being injured all year...had 17 possies and a couple
of goals vs Adelaide a few weeks ago. hard to get a handle on him playing with a poor Essendon team.
Probably testing the Bombers to see if they will up his next contract offer...I think he will stay a bomber...

Thnx EB.
Reality always wins in the end.