Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 21: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 29682 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 21: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #15
I'll play, but I'd say 5 or 6 - Cripps, Weeters, Doc, Simmo, Murph  and maybe Gibbs
Tuohy would get a game in most sides.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #16
In the off season can we PLEASE get a goal kicking coach. NO I will say a kicking coach.
We couldn't the side of a 60ft shed today with a bag of wheat.
17 behinds is bad but that doesn't account for the ones that didn't make it or no where near it (Kerridge). Very poor. >:(

SO DO WE GET THE PRIORITY PICK because the Bears beat us.  :o
Because it is well known we are turning over soooo many players at the end of the season doesn't that mean are playing list is a basket case? ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #17
Tuohy would get a game in most sides.
He said "the top 3 sides", not most sides. That's a huge difference. Touhey would get at game at Richmond or Collingwood. No way he'd get one at the Swans, hawthorn or geelong.

Reply #18
Sprouts today, anyone?

Reply #19
No sprouts only spuds

Reply #20
yeah yeah three good Players but I won't tell You who they are...?! I hate hawthorn but if that team has taught you one thing It's have a few stars but everyone else do their bit consistently

Reply #21
Sprouts today, anyone?
SOS continues to sprout I guess.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #22
Our 1st half was terrible. Absolutely terrible.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #23
I only listened to the 2nd half. Buckley, SOS, Levi seemed impressive. A good Buckley gives us real run. Saw Boekhorst got 11 touches, must've all been in the 2nd half, as I heard him mentioned alot. Dare not ask about the first half. Thought Casboult would go better when he had key position help. Allows him to move about more and not be covered by 3 defenders. Expecting him to be the only key forward was in a crap side was ridiculous and unfair on Levi. Now to drop a lumbering ruckman and replace them with a runner. Surely make a difference to speed and mobility as it did earlier in the year.

Reply #24
Jones burns two scoring chances.  One a soda the other stupidity.

Levi burns a couple, neither difficult for the average U16 player.

Buckley sprays it with Jnr alone in the square for a Joe the Goose and we lose by less than kick.

Thomas never looks like it with a spray in the last 2 minutes.  Did nothing of value all day and failed to deliver when it counted.

We had more than enough chances but above is but a small part of the whole problem.

BTW, getting rid of Robbo to improve  Mick "super coach" Malthouse's  "culture".... what an outstanding move.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #25
In a weird way we've actually done ourselves a bit of damage by that sequence of wins early in the year.
"Conventional wisdom" is that wins are important for developing a winning culture but that bit of success....

-gave us a false sense of our actual position in terms of the rebuild
-raised expectations on the coaching and playing group
-may have cost us a priority pick
-meant little in terms of culture building because it is now a distant memory.

We have a long way to go and we're finishing the season with a tired and sore group.

Reply #27
Rockcliff  39 possies......think he had 40 plus last time, we seem to be slow learners in the coaching box, not the first time Zorko has kicked our Ar$e either....

Wouldnt bother much with the last two games...rest Cripps bring in Whiley for his last game...give a few other players farewell games like Tutt, Graham, Jones...

SOSOS was my only positive today...cool under pressure and reliable in front of goal......if Ben is better than Jack then we have struck Gold..
Didnt mind young Cunningham either...still very light in the body but did put himself in and laid some tackles...

Bring on trade week and the draft, we need to hit both hard and replace the banana plantation that we have growing at Ikon park...

Reply #28
Sprouts today, anyone?

Cunningham sprouted 7 disposals, 3 marks, AND 8 tackles (second only to Ed's 9).
SOJ sprouted 3 goals.
I thought Boeky, Buckley lifted, albeit after half the game had past them by.
Levi kicked more goals than points and had an impact around the ground too.
Phillips showing some signs.
Weiters showed some attitude against one of his young rivals.
Crippa returned after an injury scare.
We might get a PP ::)
List management's got all they need to back and sack.

That's all and I've really scraped the bottom of the proverbial ;D

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #29
Cunningham sprouted 7 disposals, 3 marks, AND 8 tackles (second only to Ed's 9).
SOJ sprouted 3 goals.
I thought Boeky, Buckley lifted, albeit after half the game had past them by.
Levi kicked more goals than points and had an impact around the ground too.
Phillips showing some signs.
Weiters showed some attitude against one of his young rivals.
Crippa returned after an injury scare.
We might get a PP ::)
List management's got all they need to back and sack.

That's all and I've really scraped the bottom of the proverbial ;D

Go Blues

Buckley was reasonable but still error prone, Boekhorst started on Zorko on the wing and refused to pick him up.....I dont care what he did in the 2nd half which wasnt much anyway he should never have been given an extra year on his contract....