Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 22: Pre Game asking for a PP: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 26846 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 22: Pre Game asking for a PP: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #60
Personally I think Sumner has more to offer than Boekhorst but only time will tell.

We just might surprise on Sunday. I'm not as pessimistic as many.

I think we'll see an improved effort.
It's mostly the ones we've been expected to do well in that we've played poorly.
Against some of the better sides we've performed fairly well and ran them close.

Reply #61
BB is a better player than Liam Sumner.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #62
Personally I think Sumner has more to offer than Boekhorst but only time will tell.

Not even close - Sumner has a much greater upside.

Reply #63
Starting to question BB with his selections.

How does Thomas stay in and Boekhurst gets dropped?

Reply #64
Not even close - Sumner has a much greater upside.

Perhaps, but Sumner just doesn't get the ball and doesn't impact games.  Boekhorst hasn't done much since his return from injury but he has still shown a lot more than Sumner.

To be honest, they are both liabilities on current form.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #65
Starting to question BB with his selections.

How does Thomas stay in and Boekhurst gets dropped?

If we had a proper list, neither would get a gig.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #66
How the F does Thomas continue to get a game?  Are we tanking?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #67
Sumner>>> Boekhorst... but I agree with DJ that he doesnt get enough of the ball to be a lock in for the future

Reply #68
Perhaps, but Sumner just doesn't get the ball and doesn't impact games.  Boekhorst hasn't done much since his return from injury but he has still shown a lot more than Sumner.

To be honest, they are both liabilities on current form.
Probably too accurate. Sumner probably got a go because he has a negative side to his game. Boekhorst's is patchy at best. Boekhorst can be a very good mark, but we just don't see that often enough. Sumner doesn't get off the ground but he does have a reasonable pair of hands.

I can see more of a future in Sumner, but neither of them is close to their best form and neither of them is providing what we desperately need: run and carry and maybe even a crumbing goal.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #69
How the F does Thomas continue to get a game?  Are we tanking?

Thomas' second half last week was good and he can hit targets, which is more than can be said for about half of our current team.
Carlton supporters in general will never accept Daisy as a Carlton player, there's just too much Collingwood history there, but he's a long way from our worst in my opinion.
I'd be surprised if we got within 6 goals tomorrow.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #70
Thomas' second half last week was good and he can hit targets, which is more than can be said for about half of our current team.
Carlton supporters in general will never accept Daisy as a Carlton player, there's just too much Collingwood history there, but he's a long way from our worst in my opinion.
I'd be surprised if we got within 6 goals tomorrow.

There's probably an element of the Collingwood factor....also a bit of Malthouse resentment attached to his being a part of our list..... but it's a bit like the situation with Brock McLean.

He's come to us for what many of us consider "way overs" in terms of salary and the lack of compensation for Betts has meant that we (rightly) questioned the net value of his acquisition. Continuing injury problems in subsequent years have only reinforced that resentment.

McLean was the same.We gave up a first round Draft pick for a player with question marks over his fitness. McLean struggled with injury for a couple of years but he did play some good football (often forgotten) when these injuries settled down.
Salary considerations aside (and that's another issue)...If Thomas can get an injury free run he could still be a useful player for us.

Reply #71
Daisy's main problem with CFC supporters is that he has not been able to produce any sparkling match-winning performances that have won games and excited the supporters BUT at the same time he is being paid what many consider to be a huge amount of money. Added to that, he is seen as MM's pet.

Unfortunately for Daisy (and CFC I guess) this situation is unlikely to change as his body does not now appear capable of recapturing those golden moments. He is destined to remain then just an average player for us who is seen as being vastly over-paid. Would be great if that could change but I doubt it and it will be interesting to see what happens when his contract runs out.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #72
I understand the reasons for the resentment Lods but he's on our list and wearing the jumper, and it seems to me that he gives 100% when he runs out.
I for one am happy to see him wearing Navy Blue, God knows we're well short on class and even half fit he's well ahead of the four or five players that we rotate in and out of the VFL.
He might even go a bit better if he thought that the supporters were behind him, he's not an idiot and he'd pick up on the fact that half of them resent his being at the club.
It can't be easy for him under those circumstances.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #73
Would be great if that could change but I doubt it and it will be interesting to see what happens when his contract runs out.

He'll finish his career at Carlton on less money than he's on now, but will the supporters ever accept and support him?

Reply #74
He'll finish his career at Carlton on less money than he's on now, but will the supporters ever accept and support him?
I (most of the time) support all players who wear the navy blue CFC jumper. Whilst his output has not been commensurate with this pay (and I say again that I have been told by someone who would know its not what has been reported in the media), he appears to give his all and from all reports is a good leader. Does he deserve a spot in the side on current form? I'm sure if there was a replacement in the 2's to play his role, or allow deck chairs to be shuffled, the change would have been made. The reality is we don't have the depth just yet. I also agree he will be on a significantly reduced package when its time to renew.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time