Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 22: Pre Game asking for a PP: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 26729 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 22: Pre Game asking for a PP: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #75
He'll finish his career at Carlton on less money than he's on now, but will the supporters ever accept and support him?

Yes it annoys the sh1te! out of me when fans deride someone wearing the navy blue, it shouldn't happen, it should never happen!

If a blokes out there with the jumper on, making an effort, regardless of form and function, he is 100% Carlton. Fans should accept that fact and fall in behind every one of them with 100% support.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #76
Yes it annoys the sh1te! out of me when fans deride someone wearing the navy blue, it shouldn't happen, it should never happen!

If a blokes out there with the jumper on, making an effort, regardless of form and function, he is 100% Carlton. Fans should accept that fact and fall in behind everyone of them with 100% support.

Damn right!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #77

If a blokes out there with the jumper on, making an effort, regardless of form and function, he is 100% Carlton. Fans should accept that fact and fall in behind everyone of them with 100% support.
100% LP, however I admit to slipping up on this at times when the emotions take over.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #78
I've attended plenty of games this year and tbh I haven't heard anything negative from the crowd directed at Daisy specifically. OK he isn't setting the world on fire but I think supporters are resigned to the fact that he's there for the time being and he does get encouraged, as do other players, when he does do something good.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #79
I've attended plenty of games this year and tbh I haven't heard anything negative from the crowd.........

The supporters on this forum must be the exception to the rule in that case because he sure cops some crap on here.
I was discussing the CFC with my sister this morning, who is a life long and passionate Blue, and she hasn't got a good word to say about him.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #80
The supporters on this forum must be the exception to the rule in that case because he sure cops some crap on here.
I was discussing the CFC with my sister this morning, who is a life long and passionate Blue, and she hasn't got a good word to say about him.
Its a Collingwood hatred thing I reckon. I know half a dozen Blues supporters who carried on like pork chops when we drafted MGuane, got Malthouse, Swann and the same with Daisy. They just hated the fact we got Filth people into our Club. Personally, I have always had respect for them. My best mate as a kid was a Filth supported and his parents took me to many Coll games. I love the Coll-Carl rivalry, I reckon its the best in he AFL. The Scum on the other hand, always despised them, always will.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #81
Melbourne will have a bit of extra incentive with the North loss.

Reply #82
My best mate as a kid was a Filth supported and his parents took me to many Coll games. I love the Coll-Carl rivalry, I reckon its the best in he AFL. The Scum on the other hand, always despised them, always will.

I grew up in Pascoe Vale, nearly all of the local kids barracked for Essendon and I saw plenty of games at Windy Hill,  nevertheless I hate them as much as you do.
My sister's neighbour in North Carlton was a bloke called Norm Crewther who played for Collingwood before the war until he did his knee, he was a lovely bloke and I remember him telling me that the hatred between Carlton and Collingwood was all between the supporters and that the players got along fine both on and off the ground.
Even today I think Daisy and Murph have been mates for a good while,  well before Daisy came to Carlton.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #83
I suspect if some club folk were asked they would say we benefitted alot from the services of Thomas. He is a very professional player that experienced success. In the shambles that he came to, we shouldn't underestimate the influence such a player could have had.

Yes he has not played that much, but in the working week, playing time is two hours.  I recall malthouse saying how important nick duigan was to the club despite not being able to take the field.

Reply #84
I suspect if some club folk were asked they would say we benefitted alot from the services of Thomas. He is a very professional player that experienced success. In the shambles that he came to, we shouldn't underestimate the influence such a player could have had.

Yes he has not played that much, but in the working week, playing time is two hours.  I recall malthouse saying how important nick duigan was to the club despite not being able to take the field.

His effects on the off field stuff may well be spectacular - unfortunately, I see little evidence of this filtering through to match day.

Reply #85
Melb need percentage, this could be a long afternoon.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #86
Melb need percentage, this could be a long afternoon.

Indeed - well another season I can not wait for it to end before it ends. When is that feeling going to stop?

Reply #87
Silvani & kerrige out,

Everett & Graham in,

Tanking !!!!!!

Reply #88
Yep, tanking.  I hope we don't gift the Dees a finals slot.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #89
Silvani & kerrige out,

Everett & Graham in,

Tanking !!!!!!

Hardly tanking. Replacing like for like with roughly the same output, just not the same nous.