Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Round 5: In game angst: Carlton vs Port Adelaide (Read 36575 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Round 5: In game angst: Carlton vs Port Adelaide

Reply #60
kick some goals  grrrrr

I hate Port Too

Charlie had a good dip there for a while.........

Sprouts
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #61
We got blown away in the 1st 10 min of the game but have held our nerve since. Good on ya boys.
We need to lower our eyes going fwd. They say we are a quick team but havnt been able to show it yet.
C Ciurmow playing his best game yet.
Kids doing well.
Murph and Gibbs NOTOCIBLY do not work hard emough going the other way.

Id like to see Williamson play off hf. Good long accirate kick. Leave Charlie on the wing.

Weters back as is useless tonight as a fwd.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #62
Can't watch any more the skills are deplorable, noting to do with how young you are.....

Could any team in afl history take so long to move the ball forward. pitiful coaching clearly.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #63
Boys on Fox Footy being very positive about the youthin their comments on the Blues at half time, pumping up the tyres a bit
What, positive commentary?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #64
Worst team kicking I've ever seen in my 46 years on this planet.

We move it so slowly that we're kicking to a F50 more crowded than a freeway in peak hour. In the end we have to bomb. We need to move the ball on so much more quickly so we can open it up in our F50. Much easier to hit a target when a forward can run into space. Currently the way we play drives me insane.

Reply #65
We got blown away in the 1st 10 min of the game but have held our nerve since. Good on ya boys.
We need to lower our eyes going fwd. They say we are a quick team but havnt been able to show it yet.
C Ciurmow playing his best game yet.
Kids doing well.
Murph and Gibbs NOTOCIBLY do not work hard emough going the other way.

Id like to see Williamson play off hf. Good long accirate kick. Leave Charlie on the wing.

Weters back as is useless tonight as a fwd.

Swap Rowe and Weitering. We'll screw Weitering right up making him play in Purgatory, ala our forward 50.

Reply #66
Can't watch any more the skills are deplorable, noting to do with how young you are.....

Could any team in afl history take so long to move the ball forward. pitiful coaching clearly.

Despite all of that we have created enough scoring chances to be well in contention if they'd been converted. It's that final part we just cannot execute.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #67
Phillips badly underdone, Silvagni giving little, Weitering down. Backs are having a crack and holding up ok.

Reply #68
Gee we started half asleep, then clawed our way back with i50's.
Just cannot kick goals.

Charlie's having a crack. Taken some nice grabs and getting into the thick of it.
Cripps, Sammo, soj, and Pickett are there going OK. Need Gibbs to step it up a bit and offer some decent entries. Fisher is putting his little body on the line, and copping a bit. He'll be sore.

Couple of incorrect umpiring decisions = 2 Port goals >:(
Pretty sure we don't need their help to be scored against.

Need to improve disposal and move the ball quicker.

Go new Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #69
I don't mind the losing thing (actually I hate it ) but we needvto go down swinging and plying good footy.
Then and only then can you look back and say that was a good game.
Need to be happy with effort and skills.
Currently unhappy with both.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #70
What, positive commentary?
Yep, half time they take over from the fools commentating on 7 and actually analyse what's going on, I'm taking their positive comments on board, the alternative of of Sh.t canning everyone all the time is far less appealing ;)

Reply #71
We move it so slowly that we're kicking to a F50 more crowded than a freeway in peak hour. In the end we have to bomb. We need to move the ball on so much more quickly so we can open it up in our F50. Much easier to hit a target when a forward can run into space. Currently the way we play drives me insane.

The good teams kick long low flat kicks to their forwards advantage. We seem to just roost in vaguely in the direction of the goal.

Frustrating to watch our older experienced players butcher simple shots at goal.

Reply #72
Despite all of that we have created enough scoring chances to be well in contention if they'd been converted. It's that final part we just cannot execute.

We do not know how to kick goals........ set shots on the run whatever.... I'm sooo farrrrking sick of watching us pissssing our goals away
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #73
Flyboy. FFS brother.
They're a bloody yoing team learning. Younger than most.
They are trying to keep possession of the ball. They have to learn that 1st and foremost. When they get that confidence, quicker ball movement will come.
Support the team brother.
Be proud to say you were watching these babies grow before your very eyes when they do turn it around and become a force in the future.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #74
That first 12 minutes of the game has hurt.