Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 1: In game Angst: Carlton vs Richmond (Read 16785 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 1: In game Angst: Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #45
Please resign cripps for a further 10 years!!

Jack needs to contest harder and need more from Cas if we are going to win this.

Will miss Kennedy as the game goes on.

Weitering and Casboult are struggling at either end. Doubt we'll see alot from Levi tonight with Rance on him. Best he'll do is occupy Rance's time. Weitering will sort himself out as time goes.

Reply #46
It may well have been McKay with only 1 handball. And just to be clear, I wanted him to have a block of games to start the season.

Yes, and he'd be better for the run.
It will give no benefit to the other 2 to put in a similar performance. Their confidence will be shot.

Reply #47
Please resign cripps for a further 10 years!!

Jack needs to contest harder and need more from Cas if we are going to win this.

Will miss Kennedy as the game goes on.
Jack who??

Reply #48
4 points up and there are about 6 non contributors. A full team effort 2nd half and we could hang in there.  BTW Dow hasn’t done a lot, but what he has done and what he’s tried to do looks very, very good. Just needs to find the tempo.

Reply #49
Yes, and he'd be better for the run.
It will give no benefit to the other 2 to put in a similar performance. Their confidence will be shot.

I guess so. And just to reiterate my pre season rants, I'm worried about Weeters, and it's got nothing to do with match ups.

Reply #51
I guess so. And just to reiterate my pre season rants, I'm worried about Weeters, and it's got nothing to do with match ups.

I'm not worried about him long term, i just think he's our 4th best defender and he is simply not needed in certain games, this was the obvious one i pointed out previously, but there will be more.

Reply #52
Great start and honestly if we made a few less mistakes could have been much better. They worked their way back in with the help of further mistakes and umpiring assistance but you have to love their attacking flair. Very entertaining. Let's just keep our noses in front for 2 more quarters.  :)
Have to think the young bodies will tire as the game goes on. Simmo, Crippa, Murph, Kreuz all good. Backline real good (apart from Weitering who looks panicked?)
Charlie and Wri.ght have been great up forward. Mullett, no good. SOS and Levi terrible.
If we are in front at 3/4 time we are a real chance I think.

Reply #53
Weiters does not look like a happy camper atm. Needs to settle and build confidence. Byrne looked a bit shakey early but seems to have steadied now. Levi is certainly struggling on Rance but many do.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #54
And on a side note, can we nab the "real Daisy" for our women's team ?

Reply #55
True but at the end of the day it's about out put, and it's not there at the moment. A little make or break time for SOJ doesn't impact at times , if he has low numbers then he needs to have a few goals to his name, but does happen either

Reply #56
I'm not worried about him long term, i just think he's our 4th best defender and he is simply not needed in certain games, this was the obvious one i pointed out previously, but there will be more.

Well, I'm worried about him full stop.

Reply #57
I'll enjoy it now while we sit on top of the live ladder...lol.

Which we're not anymore.

But are again!

Reply #59
Charlie C will be something.