Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 VFL Rd 2: NBs vs North Melbourne (Read 20251 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 VFL Rd 2: NBs vs North Melbourne

Reply #15
Do you really think that a 200cm CHB would play on a 190cm medium forward?

I guess that would tell us that Ben is better in the air and SOJ is better when the ball hits the ground  :)

Ben vs Harry/Kerr should be informative, provided there’s good supply into the forward 50.

Kerr was 194cm last time I looked and with sufficient leap to ruck in the VFL, he is also the most powerful player for his size we have at VFL level.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
Hill providing leadership..... Must be a different Hill to the one that ran around for west coast.

It's all relative Prof. Relative to those around him. I read that Josh was keen to offer this quality to his new teammates.  His opportunity to lead starts now ;)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #17
Kerr was 194cm last time I looked and with sufficient leap to ruck in the VFL, he is also the most powerful player for his size we have at VFL level.

Yes, and from what I’ve seen of him, young Patrick is a natural footballer who seems to instinctively get to the right spots.  A match up between him and Ben would be interesting ... but perhaps not as entertaining as Harry vs Ben.  I can envisage those two resorting to fisticuffs ????
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #18
Do you really think that a 200cm CHB would play on a 190cm medium forward?

I guess that would tell us that Ben is better in the air and SOJ is better when the ball hits the ground  :)

Ben vs Harry/Kerr should be informative, provided there’s good supply into the forward 50.

Wonder if Ben is still 200cm given Harry has grown to 204cm.

Kerr's 194cm.

Reply #19
Yes, and from what I’ve seen of him, young Patrick is a natural footballer who seems to instinctively get to the right spots.  A match up between him and Ben would be interesting ... but perhaps not as entertaining as Harry vs Ben.  I can envisage those two resorting to fisticuffs ????

I wonder if the MRC turn a blind eye when a bloke gives his brother a clip ;)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #20
I wonder if the MRC turn a blind eye when a bloke gives his brother a clip ;)

Pretty sure the selwoods disproved that theory that didn't they. Joel and Scott were involved in an altercation while he was at west coast a few years back.

Reply #21
Northern Blues

B: 7. M. Blakey, 17. S. Rowe, 49. A. Schumacher
HB: 28. H. Macreadie, 43. J. Glass-McCasker, 45. M. Shaw
C: 21. S.  Kerridge, 1. T.  Wilson, 24. F.  Pearce
HF: 31. J. Lamb, 19. H. McKay, 2. C. Polson
F: 8. J. Hill, 30. P. Kerr, 38. K. LeBois
R: 34. A. Phillips, 32. N. Graham, 3. J. Palmer
Int: 5. T. De Koning, 9. S. Fisher, 22. C. McCabe, 12. B. Myers, 57. E. Penrith, 59. A.Tyquin

23P: 14. J. Lynch

In: J. Lynch, F. Pearce, B. Myers, C. Polson, C. McCabe, J. Hill, J. Palmer, J. Lamb

Out: G. Strachan, J. Silvagni, J. Johnston, L. O’Brien, C. O’Shea, J. Williams, M. Lobbe

With Graham playing last night, our midfield is looking somewhat thinner. Plenty of opportunity for guys to step up. But can they? Last week's effort does not fill me with confidence.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #22
Last season when our team was being smashed for a period we got to watch the magoos playing some decent footy, but there seems to be little decent footy left at our club! I'm not looking forward to this week, with an apparent weaker team than last week, us that is!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
Any person doubting why McKay isn't playing just needs to watch today's live stream!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
Any person doubting why McKay isn't playing just needs to watch today's live stream!
How do you watch the stream LP?
Neve mind, found it. We are winning, Yay.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26
We're winning. guessing we have the wind..lol.

Reply #29
NBs up by 17pts at qtr time for those who can't watch the stream. 4.2 v 1.3

Liked: Lamb, Le Bois, Phillips, Polson, Rowe & Kerr

Kerr is miles ahead of McKay as a leading forward.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17