Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 5: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs West Coast (Read 24717 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 5: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs West Coast

Do your best (or worst).
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 5: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #1
I'll take that...Much improved effort and at this stage that's all we can ask for. :D

Reply #2
A lot less passengers this week. Cripps, Fisher and Daisy were incredible. Simmo fantastic as always, and 4 goals from big Harry, i’ll take that.

Reply #3
Pretty decent result, could've/shoud've won. Red time goals cost us the game, especially that 3 late in the 3rd qtr.

Swan McKay and Casboult 6 between them, especially the 4 to McKay. 3 games, 7 goals to McKay now, remembering his 2nd game last year he was rendered pretty useless after qtr time with turf toe. We have a player there who may be about to break out.

Reply #4
It was the improved effort,  tackling efficiency and system that I liked.   Defence looked better organised as well.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #5
Cripps exceptional
Liked O'Briens game
Fisher good
McKay... the future
Phillips gave us a bit in the ruck too against big odds
Kudos to Thomas
Jones 16 1% ...his best game of the year...benefited from Rowe's presence

Reply #6
We do need to address red time goals, that's important. Cost us the game, no doubt in my mind.

Seen some of the future today. That was very encouraging.

Reply #7
Hey Cripper, don’t bother to write an essay as to why you should be captain.....just show us!!  TICK✔️✔️✔️✔️

Reply #8
Crippa led this very inexperienced team to the very end. Few passengers today. Our intend and defensive effort and tackling was everything I hoped for. Where was that before?
We had a decent spread of leadership. That was very encouraging. It gave our youngsters some great learning.
On paper we should have got smashed. Apart from a few, our boys really dug deep against the side sitting on top of the ladder.
Congratulations to the boys and coaches.

Media alert to those scrutinizing big H. Shutup ;D
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #9
Not too many players i'm disappointed with after that effort....but i'll mention them here as its easier than mentioning the ones who did well.

Jed Lamb. About halfway through the 3rd quarter i was wondering if i missed a late out, because i don't think i'd seen him up to that point. Was better in the last, but where was he before then?

Plowman i'm a huge fan of, but he made at least 2 huge mistakes that we can't afford to make. He is still young in his AFL career, but i thought he'd passed that by now.

OShea...don't really see it with him. Not sure if his best work is done off the ball or what, but he doesn't seem to do a whole lot in the moment. Fumbley, clumsy and pedestrian.

Mullett...one of his better games, but i'm still not sure of his place in the side. Kicking is good, he attempts harder kicks because of his ability and sometimes they blow up in his face, but still lacking in influence in the games. Just keeping the chair warm for Doc i think.

...and thats about it i think. Everyone else either competed, or showed improvement. Far from perfect, but you give me effort and i'll shutup.

Reply #10
...and thats about it i think. Everyone else either competed, or showed improvement. Far from perfect, but you give me effort and i'll shutup.

Yep
That's all we ask!

Reply #11
Carlton v. West Coast
Carlton, P. Cripps, 1 vote
Carlton, P. Cripps, 2 votes
Carlton ... <PAUSE> ... P. Cripps, 3 votes

Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #12
Not too many players i'm disappointed with after that effort....but i'll mention them here as its easier than mentioning the ones who did well.

Jed Lamb. About halfway through the 3rd quarter i was wondering if i missed a late out, because i don't think i'd seen him up to that point. Was better in the last, but where was he before then?

Plowman i'm a huge fan of, but he made at least 2 huge mistakes that we can't afford to make. He is still young in his AFL career, but i thought he'd passed that by now.

OShea...don't really see it with him. Not sure if his best work is done off the ball or what, but he doesn't seem to do a whole lot in the moment. Fumbley, clumsy and pedestrian.

Mullett...one of his better games, but i'm still not sure of his place in the side. Kicking is good, he attempts harder kicks because of his ability and sometimes they blow up in his face, but still lacking in influence in the games. Just keeping the chair warm for Doc i think.

Kruddler Barassi..lol.

Reply #13

Great summary Kruddler. Spot on IMO.
The other players I thought were a bit quiet or at least patchy, were Samo and Garlett. Both WA boys, may be suffering the loss of fellow Freo player.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #14

Garlett??