Skip to main content
Topic: Who of today’s 22 is playing their last game for the club.  (Read 14821 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Who of today’s 22 is playing their last game for the club.

Reply #45
Didn't he kick 5 in a final?

Seriously if you think Jack playing well means Ben will get a spot you're kidding yourself.

I couldn't agree more

Reply #46
Just had a look at his stats compared with Jack Gunston at the same age (2012) on Footywire, he's not far off what Gunston was getting and Gunston was playing in a side that finished second on the ladder and he was surrounded by champions of the game.

Couple of points of difference.

Jack Gunston is lightning fast relative to SoJ!

Gunston was already a gun midfielder at lower levels before he had a growth spurt and became a tall mobile marking forward! I think the last year or so before Gunston was drafted he grew 8 inches!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47

Gunston was already a gun midfielder at lower levels before he had a growth spurt and became a tall mobile marking forward! I think the last year or so before Gunston was drafted he grew 8 inches!

Very impressive!  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48

Agree he is quicker, but you don't have to be lightning fast. Remember Greg Williams? too slow, couldn't get at game at Carlton.
Jack has the nous he can read the play, put him in a team with a winning culture and he would then have the confidence and the chance to show his ability.

Reply #49
Give the Hawks a good chance against the Tigers but tipping the Tigers.
West Coast to pump the Pies.
Reckon Sydney will beat GWS, although I ignore GWS' s form from Sunday  as it was a dead rubber.
Feelings Finals experience might get them over the line against the Dees.

Reckon we have PFs Richond v Sydney...West Coast v Hawthorn.

Reply #50
Hope these are all gone come years end.

O'shea
Mullett
Garlett
Casboult
Graham
JGM
Lebois
Shaw
Rowe (like him - big heart but we have to get an upgrade on him)
ASOS

That's a 1/4 of the list again gone.  :-[

Also list below would want to show a heap more next year or see ya later to them as well.

Lang (So disappointed with this guy and don't buy the he was injured crap. Looks lazy and disinterested)
Pickett
Jack
Polsen
Cunningham

I'm cutting slack to Kennedy as I think we forget he has only played 31 games. If he has a full pre season confident he will be part of our midfield.

Kerridge I would only delist once we can get an upgrade on him - till then I think depth wise we need his big body.

Reply #51

O'shea
Mullett
Garlett
Casboult
Graham
JGM
Lebois
Shaw
ASOS

Also list below would want to show a heap more next year or see ya later to them as well.

Lang (So disappointed with this guy and don't buy the he was injured crap. Looks lazy and disinterested)
Pickett
Jack
Polsen
Cunningham

I'm cutting slack to Kennedy as I think we forget he has only played 31 games. If he has a full pre season confident he will be part of our midfield.

Kerridge I would only delist once we can get an upgrade on him - till then I think depth wise we need his big body.

I'd take Mitch Grigg from Norwood to replace Kerridge...kicks like an arrow and IMO the best player in the SANFL.....improved the weak areas of his game too like tackle pressure and is ready for another shot at AFL IMO....we just have to get more inventive and get rid of players like Kerridge who want to look at their reflection in the mirror when flexing the biceps but dont want to improve their footy...

Reply #52
Agreed 100% ... get him

Reply #53

O'shea
Mullett
Garlett
Casboult
Graham
JGM
Lebois
Shaw
ASOS

Pickett
Jack
Polsen
Cunningham

Someone finally sees it like I do ;)
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #54

O'shea
Mullett
Garlett
Casboult
Graham
JGM
Lebois
Shaw
ASOS

Pickett
Jack
Polsen
Cunningham

Guys like Lang and Pickett can look like a million bucks when playing in a good team. They aren't in the team to get their own ball as they're outside speed. When the system is breaking down though they are pretty much useless. That doesn't mean we should get rid of them as when things (hopefully) start to click they will (hopefully) be vital. I'd keep Garlett for the same reason. These are the guys who will (hopefully) finish off Cripps / Kennedy / Dow's good work. Hard to keep the faith with these guys though when the team is getting slaughtered and they're walking off with 6 possessions. It's hard not to look at them as if they're the problem when I think they're sometimes just the symptom.

I would like to respectfully thank these guys for their services and agree with you that their time is probably up.

O'shea - was worth a try but it didn't work. The AFL shows up flaws in your game in a way that the VFL doesn't.
Mullett - he is a bit of a battler. It will get down to how many spots are left on the list after trade week.
Casboult - if he has any trade value (which I doubt right now) he'd be gone I'd think.
Graham - that game against Freo was the most selfish and inept game I can remember seeing.
JGM    R
Lebois   R
Shaw - he may get another year but I very much doubt it. Injuries obviously didn't help.
Rowe (like him - big heart but we have to get an upgrade on him) Agreed.
ASOS - well done on a solid career.
Kerride - ditto Mullet. Could delist and add him to the rookie list - he's a good citizen.

Reply #55

O'shea
Mullett
Garlett
Casboult
Graham
JGM
Lebois
Shaw
ASOS

Pickett
Jack
Polsen
Cunningham

Very close to the mark there shawny.

Garlett was taken in the main draft last year and I think he gets 2 years under the AFLA drafting rules.

And Rowe wont be going anywhere.

Kerridge may be worth another year, but may be cut to create an extra vacant spot.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #56
Rowe stays as depth/back up if nothing else - if he wants to - short of securing a bloke like May you simply aren'y going to find an upgrade on him easily.

And again, with Doc, Willo, Plowman back in the defence, Rowe's job a lot easier too ....

Casboult - sure Charlie andHarry have passed him by but you'd ony ever get a 4th or 5th rounder for him so he stays unless he can be packaged in a deal for a bigger fish....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #57
Rowe stays as depth/back up if nothing else

Casboult - sure Charlie andHarry have passed him by but you'd ony ever get a 4th or 5th rounder for him so he stays unless he can be packaged in a deal for a bigger fish....

Spot on about Levi.
We wont get any better than a 4th round pick so we are better off keeping him as a back-up.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #58
Spot on about Levi.
We wont get any better than a 4th round pick so we are better off keeping him as a back-up.

Or get a kid who can act as backup yet might actually improve long term.

Not an easy question to answer, but sooner or later something clear needs to emerge!

Levi's form slump after injuring his hand, along with the emergence of McKay and De Koning, had greatly weakened his position. Then SpecialK had his heart scare and the situation changed again.

Is there room for both Levi and Jones if Kreuzer stays?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #59
I would think SOS is thinking "steak knife" as far as Levi  is conerned. Of course those deals may not get done and barring injuries Levi could look forward to 2019 in the NBs.
Reality always wins in the end.