Skip to main content
Topic: OPINION : Our Next Premiership - Without Judd & Co ?? (Read 36585 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: OPINION : Our Next Premiership - Without Judd & Co ??

Reply #30
I have said previously we will not win a Premiership for another 10 years. That is, 2024:

My reasoning:

1. GWS and Gold Coast will be peaking in 5 years from now - 2019 as they have the best recruits in the land.
2. We have finished 9 in 2013 where we have deficiencies in spine players (my view - no power FF or CHF and FB) and midfielders (as per MM)
3. It will take 2 more years of MM drafting and list management to wholly change the list. That is a total of 3 years of list management and recruitment under MM.
4. Point 3 assumes that our recruiters (whoever they will be) make the correct decisions.
5. Throw in 2 -3 years of development after Point 4 - we do not know if MM be at Princes Park.
6. As a result of Point 5,we collide with and have to overcome Point 1.

Reply #31
Feel like I'm parroting myself again here but I'll say it for a billionth time. 

We have been, and are, stuffed for a very long time. As it is round 1 2014 will mark our longest premiership drought in terms of games played without one.  

It has been easier to accept for me because I see things for what they are. 

Reply #32
In Tennis parlance, Carlton is a Thomas Berdych - Talented knocking on the door of the top bunch but cant crack through

Reply #33
Too many negative nellies.

Things can change very quickly.  The Swans were looking done four years ago and won a flag two years later.

Ten years is just being pessimistic.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #34

Things can change very quickly.  The Swans were looking done four years ago and won a flag two years later.

Must be something in it if 3 Leos and I are in total agreement. Things can and do change very quickly in this caper.  :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #35
Nup, Gozza is always bang on the money with these sorts of things. The world plain sucks. It's a harsh place Not all flowers and Blues premierships. We're going under for a long time.

Reply #36

Yep - things change quickly.

Just like the present makeup of the Carlton Board..... ::)

Reply #37

lets not kid ourselves - we're 2 KPP stars from any of that talk
one back - one forward

Reply #38

lets not kid ourselves - we're 2 KPP stars from any of that talk
one back - one forward

Well in light of the recent Hendo setback, I believe you are somewhat right thrunthrublu. We have so much riding on Hendo we are like a school footy team. How our recruiters still have their jobs is beyond me, they have fudged up this group that should have been up there for a premiership with Judd and co. Talia was a no brainer that they stuffed up, and in my opinoin they overrated Kreuzer when we should have sent the pick 1 to the Eagles not Kennedy. Now we are suffering from those decisions as we are scratching and clawing to put some sort of spine together.

Reply #39
We are a joke. Nearly 20 years since a flag and it may as well be another 20 til another one. A few of us will probably long rotted out and consumed by worms by the time it happens.  :'(

Reply #40
Yawn.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #42
Yawn.

Yes I'm tired of Carlton being crape too.  ;D

It's a pity you feel that way. I'm so bullish this year - I can see Casboult emerging up forward, Thomas adding an enormous amount to the midfield, Bell taking another step, Murphy, Gibbs, Judd, Kreuzer, Warnock, Robinson, Yarran, Simpson, Tuohy, Walker and Garlett doing their thing, Watson emerging, Everett and Dougherty adding plenty, Jamieson and Hendo solid and Waite with plenty of X factor. One more year under MM's game plan.

PLENTY TO BE EXCITED ABOUT.

Reply #43
Yawn.

Yes I'm tired of Carlton being crape too.  ;D

It's a pity you feel that way. I'm so bullish this year - I can see Casboult emerging up forward, Thomas adding an enormous amount to the midfield, Bell taking another step, Murphy, Gibbs, Judd, Kreuzer, Warnock, Robinson, Yarran, Simpson, Tuohy, Walker and Garlett doing their thing, Watson emerging, Everett and Dougherty adding plenty, Jamieson and Hendo solid and Waite with plenty of X factor. One more year under MM's game plan.

PLENTY TO BE EXCITED ABOUT.

Did you just cut and paste from my post in the other thread ?? ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #44
Just watching the second half of our final against Richmond. It gives the equivalent euphoric feeling as having a dozen beers.  ;D