Skip to main content
Topic: The GWS Gang - Will They Or Won't They ?? (Read 19101 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The GWS Gang - Will They Or Won't They ??

Reply #45
I listen to SEN in the shed from early morning until 7, when I turn it off.  Coincidentally that coincides with Fine's shift.  Enough said.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #46
I think for the ex-GWS players to be a success they just need to be best 22 or at least an improvement on what we already had.

Plowman > White
Phillips > Warnock
Sumner = Menzel (can't decide who I would have. Probably Menzel going by his best games but his worst was terrible)
Lamb > Ellard (not much of a difference though)
Jaksch > Giles
Whiley < Carrazzo

While we're at it...

Weitering > Jamison
McKay > Watson (confident this will be the case)
C. Curnow = Henderson (too early, Curnow is less of a sook)
Cuningham <<<< Judd (Cuningham pretty stiff with this comparison)
Kerridge > Holman
Wright = Bell (on output, but I think Wright is the better player)
Gorringe < Yarran (both freak athletes, both don't want it bad enough. Yaz had more runs on the board)
SOS > Walsh (different players, same appetite. SOS has better attributes)
Glass-McCasker > Fields (on raw ability and size)
Gallucci = Johnson (too early, leaning towards Gallucci)
Korcheck = Russell (Cat B. rookies - won't find out for a long time on this one)

I can comfortably say that we improved our list on last year.

Reply #47
Plowman is a lock. A definite third defender of quality.
Phillips is a lock. Already showing enough to suggest he will keep growing into the role and become one of the  better ruckman in the league
Sumner has shown enough to persevere with. Play's with passion and is a solid finisher
Jaksch has some doubts hovering over him and hopefully he can work his way out of this and become the player we wanted.
Lamb has surprised me with his tenacity. Has much more discipline than we were lead to believe.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #48
Let's also not forget
Lambs goal in the third saved our arse. Till that point we'd missed about 7 shots in a row and hadn't kicked a goal for an hour.
Sumners goal in the last looked to have wrapped  the game up.
Phillips goal from 50 in the last was the sealer.

Composure when the pressure is on. Cant beat it.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #49
Plowman is a lock. A definite third defender of quality.
Phillips is a lock. Already showing enough to suggest he will keep growing into the role and become one of the  better ruckman in the league
Sumner has shown enough to persevere with. Play's with passion and is a solid finisher
Jaksch has some doubts hovering over him and hopefully he can work his way out of this and become the player we wanted.
Lamb has surprised me with his tenacity. Has much more discipline than we were lead to believe.

Lamb was picked up and played games for the Swans....from what I understand he left for the chance to get more regular senior game time.

The bloke can play.

Just wait when we learn how to move the ball into F50 with speed like the better teams - then you'll see the best of blokes like Lamb and Sumner.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #50
Lamb was picked up and played games for the Swans....from what I understand he left for the chance to get more regular senior game time.

The bloke can play.

Just wait when we learn how to move the ball into F50 with speed like the better teams - then you'll see the best of blokes like Lamb and Sumner.
Another things is that, unlike cubs who have dominant forwards, we don't have anyone that needs to be regularly double teamed. That allows our opponents to keep a tighter check on our smaller forwards. If one of our large forwards all of a sudden hit some form and became a serious danger, the pressure on our smaller forwards would decrease remarkably, offering them more opportunities.
Look at Hawthorn: player gravitated firstly to Franklin (when he was there) and then Roughead. It meant that players like Gunston did not have the same pressure on them. Gunston used that and kicked a lot of goals. So did guys like Breust and Puopolo.
They have other attributes: their excellent disposal, for example. However, never underestimate the effect of having a big name who needs to be squished leading to opportunities for the rest.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #51
Lamb has showed way more than Sumner. He was my least impressive pick up, but is great one on one for his size, has good running ability and doesn't shirk a contest.

Reckon it wont be long until he kicks 3 or 4 in a game.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #52
I think Phillips will end up being the pick of them.
Plowman looks very good at this stage but Phillips could be a very good ruckman.
Needs a bit more aggression

Reply #53
One of the greatest irritations of this season is Jaksch non-selection.

As if we have enough performance in our forward line to justify keeping that guy out. Anyone showing a shred of form at VFL level in the fwd line should be straight in.

I know he still has weaknesses in his game but name me a Carlton player who doesn't.

Plowman - couldn't be happier with this guy. He and Weitering have really settled down our backline. Calm and keeps things simple. Very happy with this pick.

Lamb and Sumner both showing really positive signs. Phillips is really improving which is awesome.

Whiley gone.

Fine - irrelevant. Wouldn't know if his a55 was on fire.

Reply #54
Dunno, I am confident the coaches have a plan in place for KJ, once he ticks the boxes, he will be in. He was fairly ordinary in the 2s early on I believe, he is slowly improving it seems. We have won the last 2 so its always hard to break into a winning team, injuries need to occur for that to be made easy. His time will come.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #55
Dunno, I am confident the coaches have a plan in place for KJ, once he ticks the boxes, he will be in. He was fairly ordinary in the 2s early on I believe, he is slowly improving it seems. We have won the last 2 so its always hard to break into a winning team, injuries need to occur for that to be made easy. His time will come.
I believe, and it is not confirmed, that Jaksch has certain performance criteria to reach to get a game. I am not sure what they are, but they do involve defensive pressure. Hopefully he can meet these criteria soon.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #56

He won't get a game until he buys in to the Bolton way. 

I reckon it's a source of frustration for Bolton too; he has made comments about KJ playing as a swingman.  Hopefully KJ can get his act together as his best is pretty good.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #57
I still reckon he needs to put on size. He mightn't get a whole lot bigger with his body type but he needs a few more Kgs IMO. During the preseason he said he needs to work on bulking up and his running capacity in an interview. That should've improved over the preseason and now it's about second efforts and being involved for four quarters.

Reply #58
If he ain't earning a position, he ain't getting one...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #59

As if we have enough performance in our forward line to justify keeping that guy out. Anyone showing a shred of form at VFL level in the fwd line should be straight in.

Well this has been the case in fact...Jones showed more than a shred of form in the VFL & so therefore gets a game.  You can't tell me that Jaksch out performed Jones ?  (& believe me....I am not a Jones fan.  I am still to be convinced that he is an AFL level footballer)

But, yeah, I hear your frustration Jeza, hopefully Jaksch can do what is required & get a go very soon.....I think he does have the attributes to make it & I firmly think he will be a better bet than Jones in the long run.

cheers

Mal.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.