Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 50707 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #135
Good win today. Would love to hear from some of the Gibbs-haters, he was just outstanding today
I wouldn't say I was a Gibbs hater more a Gibbs frustrater.
Can be classy, silky and smooth one moment then lack vigour and intent next.
The last few games he has shown what he is capable of and that is fantastic because when he is switched on he is a pleasure to watch and we win.
Way to step up Gibbsy.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #136
I wouldn't say I was a Gibbs hater more a Gibbs frustrater.
Can be classy, silky and smooth one moment then lack vigour and intent next.
The last few games he has shown what he is capable of and that is fantastic because when he is switched on he is a pleasure to watch and we win.
Way to step up Gibbsy.
I think 2014 showed what was capable of when he won the B&F. Even 2013 was good. When did he rip the pec muscle? Was it end of 2014 or early 2015? Clearly hampered by it, probably the body is right now and confidence is back. I remember an interview with him and how he said Dean Laidley worked very closely with him to help him stayed "switched on" for longer periods and how it was a concentration and confidence thing for him. Maybe its all coming back to him now. Lets hope.
Go Blues
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #137
X 2. Rowe was certainly no passenger. Anyway the CFC train "is not taking passengers!"  I heard that as I was getting off the train at my station last night.

A guy on TC is calling him ROWEVAGNI!!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #138
A guy on TC is calling him ROWEVAGNI!!!
That is going a bit too far. Rowe fumbles too much to be a Silvagni - type. But he is playing very well at the moment and is the key tall defender. His body work and concentration have been excellent, much improved over the first couple of weeks.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #139
That is going a bit too far. Rowe fumbles too much to be a Silvagni - type. But he is playing very well at the moment and is the key tall defender. His body work and concentration have been excellent, much improved over the first couple of weeks.

I believe his tongue is firmly in his cheek.

But Rowe has been good to very good three weeks in a row. Out bodying and out playing old hands like Pav and young guns like Moore and Daniher.

That people still want to bag him out say a lot about their ingrained insecurity about being wrong.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #142
I believe his tongue is firmly in his cheek.

But Rowe has been good to very good three weeks in a row. Out bodying and out playing old hands like Pav and young guns like Moore and Daniher.

That people still want to bag him out say a lot about their ingrained insecurity about being wrong.

The reason that people "bag him out" is the dropped marks and the lack of agility, both traits that are needed at FB/CHB. I would love to know how many uncontested overhead marks Sam has dropped this season.

That being said he was excellent yesterday against a young athletic opponent. I think he gets the team defence we are going with much more than Jammo and that's why he is played ahead of him. Sam Rowe will never drop his head and sulk, will give 100% and at the moment he is our best big defender.

Start marking the overhead marks and Sam is a lock for another 2 years.

Reply #143
Yeah buddy!!! Loved that we didn't fold. Really liking what the carriage brings to the side. He stands up strong in tackles and is really hard to bring down. Something really lacking in a bunch of players.

Imagine if we had a big guy who could play forward. We'd have done them over by 10 goals  :)) :))

Reply #144
Hey Cimm...Keogh and Caz still going hard at it on TC?

Nah,

Keogh posts very rarely and Caz the same.

Caz cops a lot of personal abuse from posters because of hi association with the club.

Reply #145
Reading some of these posts you'd think we'd lost.

That said Agree with most of that apart from sumner and plot an being passengers. Summers best game for the club. Plot an was quiet but quite happy for him not to be noticed.

Also, players were invested in the Wayne Britain game plan. Should never have got rid of him...

We were the worst side last year.

Struggled to win 4 games. We beat whoever we put in front of us and that's a good thing.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #146
The reason that people "bag him out" is the dropped marks and the lack of agility, both traits that are needed at FB/CHB. I would love to know how many uncontested overhead marks Sam has dropped this season.

That being said he was excellent yesterday against a young athletic opponent. I think he gets the team defence we are going with much more than Jammo and that's why he is played ahead of him. Sam Rowe will never drop his head and sulk, will give 100% and at the moment he is our best big defender.

But he's played three good games in a row and still gets called a passenger.

He's been good, end of story. Next week he might be bad but people will ignore the fact he's played three good games.

There's absolutely no doubt he feels the heat, but so would I if i'd played in our backline as they've got absolutely no help for two years from the rest of the team in either pressuring the ball carrier or getting back to help out.

Reply #147

Agree.

Reply #148

He's been good, end of story. Next week he might be bad but people will ignore the fact he's played three good games.

There's absolutely no doubt he feels the heat, but so would I if i'd played in our backline as they've got absolutely no help for two years from the rest of the team in either pressuring the ball carrier or getting back to help out.
x2
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #149

If the comments on him are balanced, that's all you can ask for. The praise for his last three games has certainly been deserved.