Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 50703 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 7: Post Game Pleasure: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #195
Great to see Kreuzer run round all day.  I know people will correct me if I'm wrong, but Madden needed to ruck all day and struggled a bit if Matty Allan had too much time running around.  Madden retired, Allan comes good and struggles when Porter? had too much ruck.  There are other examples around other clubs as well, I'm sure - some of the big fellows just need to go and go and go to work and they love it.  Sauce was another - he was coming good when he had his chance and then saw a better opporutnity elsewhere.

I hope to see less of the two ruckman and more Kreuze.

Think you will be disappointed .

I also disagree that Krooz was better on his own. Took 1 mark on Sat.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #196
Great to see Kreuzer run round all day.  I know people will correct me if I'm wrong, but Madden needed to ruck all day and struggled a bit if Matty Allan had too much time running around.  Madden retired, Allan comes good and struggles when Porter? had too much ruck.  There are other examples around other clubs as well, I'm sure - some of the big fellows just need to go and go and go to work and they love it.  Sauce was another - he was coming good when he had his chance and then saw a better opporutnity elsewhere.

I hope to see less of the two ruckman and more Kreuze.

Grundy jumped all over him after half time and I think he needs Philips in the team to get a proper rest..I was of the opinion we could get away with Kruezer and the Boult only but Kruezer
isnt what he was and cant ruck all day IMO...

Reply #197
Apparently couldn't see out of one eye against Essendon after taking a finger there so that may have still been dogging him.

Reply #199
Also is it just me or is Docherty the most unrated player.  Hear very little about him in the media yet not many better in the league then this fellow in the role he plays. So relaxed when he is near the ball.

He was interviewed on 774 yesterday and did indeed come across as a genuine, level headed, humble sort of guy.  Sounds a LOT like Nige from North Fitzroy but let's not hold that against him  ;D
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #200
Another thing to come from the game on Saturday - how happy are we that Aish decided to go the Pies, after it was rumoured we were heavily into him this time last year. Absolute outside spud of the highest order......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #201
Another thing to come from the game on Saturday - how happy are we that Aish decided to go the Pies, after it was rumoured we were heavily into him this time last year. Absolute outside spud of the highest order......

x2....I said he was soft and overhyped last trade period and he didnt let me down on Saturday....

Reply #202
x2....I said he was soft and overhyped last trade period and he didnt let me down on Saturday....

Even the Pie supporters near us were calling him a dud.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #203

I mentioned similar in the In-Game thread.

Reply #204
I have posted before, if we can come away with a solid back half after year 1 of a rebuild we're doing very well.

Docherty, Weitering, Plowman and Byrne. That's a 10 year backline, we need to add a lockdown small defender and another big and we have a group that will grow together.

With the forward line, they are mostly speculative - Curnow, McKay and Silvagni could be anything or nothing, add in Boekhurst as a HFF/Wing and we have building blocks. Again need another big and two small forwards, and this draft seems to be full of small forwards with pace who can pinch hit in the midfield.

Mids is where we need the most help, quality ball users with speed and grunt x 4, cause they're soooo easy to get   ::)

Hogg  Silvagni  Mckay
Sexton  Dean   Christou

XXX       XXXX       Byrne
Docherty Weitering  Plowman

That '95 back 6 played together for seemingly forever, never got hurt and were the major strength of that team.   if we could just add a couple more (or manufacture one, in the case of a good BP), then the back 6 is starting to look verry similar...........  great signs!!!

Reply #205
Good win today. Would love to hear from some of the Gibbs-haters, he was just outstanding today

I gave Gibbs a pretty big serve after the Suns game, and I still reckon he deserved it. Kudos to him for turning his form around, his last 3 weeks have been pretty good. Here's hoping we see more of the good Gibbs and less of the bad Gibbs in the future....
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #206

Hogg  Silvagni  Mckay
Sexton  Dean   Christou

XXX       XXXX       Byrne
Docherty Weitering  Plowman

That '95 back 6 played together for seemingly forever, never got hurt and were the major strength of that team.   if we could just add a couple more (or manufacture one, in the case of a good BP), then the back 6 is starting to look verry similar...........  great signs!!!

Whitehead played every game in the back pocket.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #207
Also is it just me or is Docherty the most unrated player.  Hear very little about him in the media yet not many better in the league then this fellow in the role he plays. So relaxed when he is near the ball.

Docherty is a gun, under rated even by many Carlton supporters, he'll go very close to the B&F.
And to think we got him for Hampson!!!
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #208
He looks a totally different player to the one I remember playing the SANFL as a kid. In a strongly defensive Norwood side, you just couldn't play like that and get anywhere. How Aish has mutated into this, I do not know. But I find it very disappointing. I am VERY glad he chose to go elsewhere.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #209
I gave Gibbs a pretty big serve after the Suns game, and I still reckon he deserved it. Kudos to him for turning his form around, his last 3 weeks have been pretty good. Here's hoping we see more of the good Gibbs and less of the bad Gibbs in the future....

Exactly. He's been rubbish and been soft. Against the Pies he was neither of these and we loved it.

The bottom line is, Gibbs is inconsistent and picks and chooses too much when he wants to have a crack.

Hoping Bolton and co do wonders for him this year.