Topic: Hannah Mouncey (Read 27493 times) previous topic - next topic

Hannah Mouncey

AFLW has blocked him from playing.

Fair or not fair?

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Re: Hannah Mouncey

Reply #1
I back the AFL's stance here.

You can't implant two wings on my back and allow me to entertain the idea that I was born a bird in a human's body.

Sure that's an extreme example, but taking into account that people are born homosexual and it's not something you "correct" why would you try and "correct" gender considering you were absolutely born that way??

It speaks more of identity crisis than anything else to me. I would think that we might have thought of a better way to assist people is to accept the status quo, not try and change it, wouldn't it?

Hermaphrodites would be the only exception to this rule IMHO.

Anyway, thats my two bob there. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #2

AFLW has blocked him from playing.

Fair or not fair?

Is that a soccer ball Hanna is holding, I feel so inadequate!

She's clearly pre-OP.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
Perhaps a more recent photograph would provide a better perspective:

I suspect that Hannah has been given an undertaking that she will be registered when her transition is complete.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
My take is that men play in the AFL and women play in the AFLW.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #5
As I mentioned earlier, too much asymmetry in all this.

Pretty much every young male sportsmen transitioning to female could get a run in the AFLW, almost no female sportswomen transitioning to male will get a run in even a suburban football team!

The physical differences cannot be ignored, ribs, abdominals, hips, pelvis, knees, shoulders, bone density, it's not Even Steven!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
It's a hand ball (European style).

She played for the Australian handball team.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #7
My daughter plays football and neither her nor I want her competing against a person who has the height, weight and muscle density of a man.  You can have all the "gender reassignment" PC clap trap till the cows come home - this individual has the physical characteristics of a male and IMO the correct decision was made.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #8
I agree with the AFL call on this - some of the girls playing in AFLW are tiny and if we start putting them against bodies that have gone through a male puberty, the imbalance will be very unfair.

Looks like the AFL have declared this to be an 'incorrect disposal of the ball(s)'......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #9
Hannah's coach came out and stated opponents were not scared of her.

On talk-back radio last night another person claiming to be an Ainslie player stated watching Hanna play was like watching Collingwood's Rene Kink play against juniors!

All I know is she allegedly kicked 17 goals in three games, which is a lot in Women's football as many teams wouldn't score 17 goals in three games!

So I have no concerns over the AFLW taking a conservative approach.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
My daughter plays football and neither her nor I want her competing against a person who has the height, weight and muscle density of a man.  You can have all the "gender reassignment" PC clap trap till the cows come home - this individual has the physical characteristics of a male and IMO the correct decision was made.

x2

Reply #11
This case raises the question as to how people are to be defined as eligible to play in the womens league or will it just be another case of "at the AFL's discretion"?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
Look at our new AFLW ruck, Bridie Kennedy at 175cm and about 65kg by the look.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
She's a midfielder from what I read

Reply #14
I have absolutely no doubt the correct decision has been made.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL