Skip to main content
Topic: Development and Recruiting (Read 16468 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Development and Recruiting

Reply #30
I just had an idea, its a bit bold, and many wont like it, but Im going to float it anyway.

In the event that we do trade away Hampson and Warnock, would anyone else think that Koschitzke would be of any value to us?

Would come for nothing at least.

Even if he did cost us nothing, my answer would still be NO.

Any reason why?

From where I sit, he comes to us and becomes our 3rd best key forward and the only key forward on our list to have played in a grand final.  Think about how Geelong used Brad Ottens in his last couple of years at the cattery.

No. He's cooked.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #31
I just had an idea, its a bit bold, and many wont like it, but Im going to float it anyway.

In the event that we do trade away Hampson and Warnock, would anyone else think that Koschitzke would be of any value to us?

Any reason why?

From where I sit, he comes to us and becomes our 3rd best key forward and the only key forward on our list to have played in a grand final.  Think about how Geelong used Brad Ottens in his last couple of years at the cattery.

He'd be in our best 22, no doubt, but the question you have to ask is whether bringing in someone like that for 1 or 2 seasons would be the right thing for where we are at as a club?

Would bringing him in significantly enhance our Premiership prospects to a level that compensates for the roadblock it puts in front of our developing forwards?

If the club thinks Koschitzke would make us a Premiership contender, then go for it. If not, the he just sets us back as a club as it's less games into the kids coming through.
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #32

Any reason why?

Overrated, under achieving player, coming from a club with a dubious culture. Never really grabbed a finals match by the scruff of the neck and stamped his authority on it. Too many head knocks. Near the end of his career etc...........

Many on here have been bagging him since he got drafted (not saying you're one of them btw).

Reply #33

Any reason why?

No. He's cooked.

Kosi -  she's a very dumb blonde to boot.
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #34
Big NO to Kosi, although on second thoughts he would be company for Waitey in the injury bay.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #35

Any reason why?

Overrated, under achieving player, coming from a club with a dubious culture. Never really grabbed a finals match by the scruff of the neck and stamped his authority on it. Too many head knocks. Near the end of his career etc...........

Many on here have been bagging him since he got drafted (not saying you're one of them btw).

No way.

I heard him on the radio before the game last saturday.  From what he was saying, he's hoping just to eek out another couple of games!