Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton pasted by Pies (Post Game) (Read 77777 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton pasted by Pies (Post Game)

Reply #30
If he decides he doesn't want to support Carlton I can't, in good conscious, make/allow him to. It would kill me if he didn't though.

I'm absolutely lost right now.

You're right, you can't force him to support this rabble, we are the new Fitzroy we could be gone within a decade!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
Put the bulldozer through the place...starting with the board.
We need a complete break from the previous poisonous decade.

It's pretty obvious which of the players are putting in...problem is many of those are the ones with lesser talent.
There are a few blokes there who need to have a good hard look at themselves.

Reply #32
Firstly, I'd like to give kudos to Rowe, Touhy, Simmo, Docherty, Judd, Murph and especially Armfield for trying!!!!!

Thats 7 players out of 22 who had a crack. Thats woeful and our biggest problem. Too little from too few.
The pies had 3 players who didnt have double figure stats FFS. That is team footy as opposed to our crap. 

For mine, I'd like to send a message to the group by dropping Walker and Gibbs. Gibbs may as well have had a black and white jumper on and walker was mr invisible for the night.

Warnock tried and probably played his best game for us in the end. Even managed to bend down and pick up the ball too!! Was crape in 1st half but busted his butt in 2nd half. decision to play him ahead of Cas as still a mistake IMO.

We were deplorable. I dont know where to go from here. What has changed from last year for us to get worse?????

Fair summary.

Reply #33
I am totally gutted, and a little drunk, by this year.
Cripps has been the only real shining light.
I thought Murph worked hard in the first half tonight.

I have a 3 year old who in a year or two is going to take real interest in footy. At the moment he wears his little blues guernsey and shouts "C'mon Blues! We need this one!"
If he decides he doesn't want to support Carlton I can't, in good conscious, make/allow him to. It would kill me if he didn't though.

I'm absolutely lost right now.

Meddy, I'm in the same boat.  Got a four year old who loves flying the flag and knows who the players are.  Stayed up with me to watch the first quarter tonight.  Thank God that's all he saw.  I'm taking him to his first game next week and if I hadn't already bought the tickets I'd seriously reconsider.  I was brought in the early 80s when we were a team that a six or seven year old could be proud of.  Not anymore.

I'm gutted.

Reply #34
We made a grave mistake sacking Pagan and we've never recovered from it.

That's where our problems started. He lost the players and the players lost their "culture"

Been no good since Parko left bar the time Ratts did something with us and got us some final footy. He played us to our strengths.

Reply #35
Firstly, I'd like to give kudos to Rowe, Touhy, Simmo, Docherty, Judd, Murph and especially Armfield for trying!!!!!

Thats 7 players out of 22 who had a crack. Thats woeful and our biggest problem. Too little from too few.
The pies had 3 players who didnt have double figure stats FFS. That is team footy as opposed to our crap. 

For mine, I'd like to send a message to the group by dropping Walker and Gibbs. Gibbs may as well have had a black and white jumper on and walker was mr invisible for the night.

Warnock tried and probably played his best game for us in the end. Even managed to bend down and pick up the ball too!! Was crape in 1st half but busted his butt in 2nd half. decision to play him ahead of Cas as still a mistake IMO.

We were deplorable. I dont know where to go from here. What has changed from last year for us to get worse?????

+2
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36

You missed Cameron Wood too.

Sums it up, a bloke who was discarded and unwanted in the VFL was one of our better players tonight along with another discard who was playing in the Sanfl.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #37
Surely the end is nigh for Mick. There is no system in our play, the players lack confidence and desire to make the necessary effort. I feel so sorry for Chris Judd that he is playing in such an embarrassing team. He must be wishing he'd retired.

For those bagging Ratten, he got far more out of his players. He was very unlucky to be sacked after a season in which the team had an absolute 'horror run' with injuries. Furthermore, I'm really skeptical about Buttifant's ability to develop the running power and endurance of our players. Most of them just don't look like they can keep up with their opposition for most of a game.

Reply #38
At least all our boys will be tucked in bed at 11.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #39
The entire coaching group should face the Board on Monday.

Just listened to a number of summaries and the consistent theme was that the CFC players do not seem to know what to do. So many 'experts' commented that our boys seem to be confused. Our playing group just cannot be that bad. I don't believe that for a second.

There will be a lot said and written about that performance tonight, especially considering the occasion. This is one humiliation that cannot be swept under the mat or explained away. This deplorable, spiritless exhibition was on the big Friday night stage for millions to witness.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #40
Is the niceness embargo over for MM?

Will Mark Stevens have a go tonight or wait to do him cold!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
Did anyone hear Carey switch tact during his post game summary. McAvaney was saying we were slow to decide what to do and kept turning it over. Then Carey started to say it's because of the way we set up then quickly got the reminder to switch focus!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #43
I don't know what that was like on TV but that was beyond a joke at the ground. Zero intensity not a sherick of structure. We didn't have a single cohesive passage of play. Not a single one! How is that possible? I was actually embarrassed for Mick having to go through a guard of honour involving our players.

Reply #44
Meddy, I'm in the same boat.  Got a four year old who loves flying the flag and knows who the players are.  Stayed up with me to watch the first quarter tonight.  Thank God that's all he saw.  I'm taking him to his first game next week and if I hadn't already bought the tickets I'd seriously reconsider.  I was brought in the early 80s when we were a team that a six or seven year old could be proud of.  Not anymore.

I'm gutted.

I also have a four year old, And he already loves Essendon because of his Nana.  No wonder with our heartless efforts...it's so disheartening