Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW Rd 2: - Carlton vs GWS @ Drummoyne oval (Read 14316 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW Rd 2: - Carlton vs GWS @ Drummoyne oval

Reply #45
I reckon its a broken leg.

All girls knew straight away that something was wrong. The look on one of the GWS girls face was priceless.
I reckon they've all heard the break and freaked.

Lets see how our girls cope without our leader out there.

The GWS player is a team mate of hers at the Sharks. Would have been distressing for all the players. I felt for Tily Lucas-Rodd too, having to play out the game knowing your girlfriend was off to hospital wouldn’t have been easy.

Definitely doesn’t look good for Bri  :'( What is it with AA defenders at Carlton this year?! That’s seemingly our best player in both the Men’s and Women’s teams out for the season.

Reply #46
I haven't watched it yet but 15 scoring shots seems positive.

Is it poor kicking or lots of rushed behinds?

Terrible conditions, but poor kicking. Think there was only 1 rushed behind that i can recall of the top of my head.

At least 1 shot hit the post though.

Reply #47
Three shots hit the post that I can remember. Early behinds were all long shots (30+ meters) with a wet ball, one was rushed. Other 'easy' shots were missed after the long break. Should have won by another three or four goals, such was the Blues' dominance.
Vescio 1.3, Stevens 1.1, Loynes 1.0, Brazelle 0.3, Harris 0.2, Gee 0.1, Hosking 0.1, rushed 1

Reply #48
Great game, except for losing Bri and the dodgy conditions. Well done Blues.

I've found a favourite player, no. 19 Georgia Gee. Nothing of her but she's a bloody little ripper. Composure and obvious skills. Will only get better.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #49
I've found a favourite player, no. 19 Georgia Gee. Nothing of her but she's a bloody little ripper. Composure and obvious skills. Will only get better.
I noticed this lass last week, and have to concur: there is  lot to like about this one. Her attack on the ball was very nice. But she is pretty easy to body out of the way. I think she should be watching vids of Eddie Betts, Jeff Garlett and the like, so she can get the crumbs when we bomb it to the square (which we do).
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #50
Harris looks to have done a shoulder!

2 best players GONE.  :(
Tayla Harris is ok. Bri Davey having scans on her knee.

I'm like you, though with inhaler coming out she had broken something only to read the scan is on her knee.

EDIT: Watching the game today they said it looks like she's done an ACL. Scans will tell but doesn't look good.

EDIT to the EDIT: Scans have officially confirmed Bri Davey has ruptured her ACL.

Bugger.

Reply #51
That sucks.

Reply #52
Tayla Harris is ok. Bri Davey having scans on her knee.

I'm like you, though with inhaler coming out she had broken something only to read the scan is on her knee.

EDIT: Watching the game today they said it looks like she's done an ACL. Scans will tell but doesn't look good.

EDIT to the EDIT: Scans have officially confirmed Bri Davey has ruptured her ACL.

Bugger.

Yep

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-02-10/scans-confirm-worst-fears-for-davey

Reply #53
Bugger. Not good news, but at least it is something the doctors know about. Breaks can be complicated.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #54
So gutted for Bri. This does make our acquisition of Nicola Stevens even more important though. Surely Arnell comes back in this week for some leadership.

Reply #56
Our girls sit atop the ladder at the end of this round with a massive %
Blues 2-0     226.1%
Dogs 2-0      174.5%
Dees 2-0      160.3%
Lions 1-1      105.8%

Reply #57
Our girls sit atop the ladder at the end of this round with a massive %
Blues 2-0     226.1%
Dogs 2-0      174.5%
Dees 2-0      160.3%
Lions 1-1      105.8%

Let's hope the boys can be similarly placed after 2 rounds.