Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs. Essendon (Read 31074 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs. Essendon

I don't really know why I am getting this thread ready so early. Habit? Paranoia? Not getting to the Gym enough? Whatever.
Just make good use of it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs. Essendon

Reply #1
Well, thank god that's over.

It's r5 v Freo, just rinse and repeat.

Reply #2
Very hollow win. We played quite poorly and Weitering is injured.

Reply #3
Very real possibility we can beat the pies who are also terrible. When is the last time we won 3 in a row?

Reply #4
Very real possibility we can beat the pies who are also terrible. When is the last time we won 3 in a row?

At a guess, rounds 1-3, 2012.

Ahem...........

Reply #5
Relief....not bad for a rebuilding squad though.

Going to enjoy this one as the next one could take a while

Reply #6
Shocking really, any remotely decent side would have hammered us.
The only things we can take from the game are the form of Thomas and that Kreuzer and Phillips are taking marks.
Jones and Casboult are the worst combination of tall forwards I've ever seen at the CFC, they make Setanta O'Hailpin look like Tony Lockett.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #7
Without some major improvements in disposal, decision making and work rate I think that may be our last win for a while.

Reply #8
The only things we can take from the game are the form of Thomas and that Kreuzer and Phillips are taking marks.
Jones and Casboult are the worst combination of tall forwards I've ever seen at the CFC, they make Setanta O'Hailpin look like Tony Lockett.

Have to play Jaksch, Dre and hopefully Walker not too far away.

Reply #9
Without some major improvements in disposal, decision making and work rate I think that may be our last win for a while.

Don't think you can question work rate....we are crapbut there was no let off in effort that I saw

Reply #10
Caz has got to go.
I've been a staunch supporter of his but I just cannot put up with this shiit any more.
He has no presence. He doesn't crash packs, or lead or spill to our crumbers,barely chases........... and theres no point even mentioning his goal kicking cos it doesnt exist.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #11
The review tomorrow needs to concentrate on sharing the ball in front of goal.  We were extremely selfish about 4 different times and didn't look for the obvious option. 

Reply #12
Phew!! Thank God for that!! That win was like swimming through a crap filled creek to get to an island full of hot bikini clad women. Not pretty, but we'll take it!! Go Blues!!

Phillips, Sumner, Wright, Kerridge and Plowman all looking like recruiting strokes of genius by SOS.

Hoping Weits isn't injured too badly.

Reply #13
Daisy was very good today.
If he keeps going like that by the end of the year he wont be just the "overpaid bloke we got from Collingwood".... he'll be a favourite.

Jones will probably cop a bit of criticism but I thought he contested well and a couple of his efforts resulted in scores for us.
Is it enough? ...probably not!
But I'd give him another game on that effort.
It's not like we have anything better.

Reply #14
Good thing Kreuzer and Phillips are holding the marks because they could only break even with Leuenberger and Grimley for hit outs.
I have to disagree on the forwards, ok they're not great but they have nothing to work with. Slow ball movement, long bombs to nothing from the midfield and constantly working the ball down the boundary to the pocket isn't going to help any forward play well. But it's pretty sad that American rookie Mason Cox is a better kick at goal than Casboult, jones and Kreuzer