Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs. Essendon (Read 32759 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 6: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs. Essendon

Reply #75
All is well buddy. Going through a seperation and missing the kids heaps but happy to be out of the life I was in. Hence why I have been quite this year. Watched the game today and have concerns about our poor kicking for goal which has been a problem for years. I'm sure Bolton knows what he needs to do to address all our issues. Watched him completely spit the dummy in the box a few times during the game. Welcome to building a new team Bolts.  ;)

Sorry to hear that Mantis :(  I hope things work out and your footy team does its part by winning more games.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #76
I liked what I saw of him at GWS and was pretty happy when we got him. I think he will eventually overtake Kreuzer. Not sure what that would mean for Kreuzer though cos he isn't a forward but we won't play him in the VFL..
Speaking of Kreuzer, did he cope a poke in the eye(s) late? After the game, his eyes looked almost closed as if someone was shining a spotlight in his face.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #77
Yay!

Mantis is back!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #78
Speaking of Kreuzer, did he cope a poke in the eye(s) late? After the game, his eyes looked almost closed as if someone was shining a spotlight in his face.

I think that he got the poke in the eye fairly early, second quarter perhaps.  It was when he was paid a mark and/or free on the 50m line.  He was rubbing his left eye as he went back to take the kick.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #79
Sorry to hear that Mantis :(  I hope things work out and your footy team does its part by winning more games.
Ditto. I would not want to wish anyone a breakup. I hope the Blues can give you some joy.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #81
So good to beat the bummers, regardless of their dismal state. The crowd wasnt too bad all things considered. It was awfully cold up on level 4 of the olympic stand.

Thomas played his best game for the blues, a real 4 quarter effort. Gibbs too kept going, and added a bit of class with his snap goal. Murphy' goal in the last was a blessed relief after the howlers of the previous two quarters. Our goal kicking can't get worse...

Some players that stood out included phillips who is moving around the ground well, taking a few marks and was rewarded with a fine goal at the end. He is doing the more conventional ruck role in getting to space, wheras Kruezer tends to get involved in contests with mixed results. Phillips is very promising.

Simpson played a fine game, and was nice to see byrne play well, overcoming the curse of a herald sun feature article. Some tidy bits of play.

Our forwards are battling perhaps with a style of play that requires much coordination and teamwork.  Pressing up, then getting back and making good position is proving challenging, and we are not very good at it. Bad kicking is no excuse however, but until we have alternatives, Casboult and jones will have to do.

Bring on the pies!

Reply #82
All is well buddy. Going through a seperation and missing the kids heaps but happy to be out of the life I was in. Hence why I have been quite this year. Watched the game today and have concerns about our poor kicking for goal which has been a problem for years. I'm sure Bolton knows what he needs to do to address all our issues. Watched him completely spit the dummy in the box a few times during the game. Welcome to building a new team Bolts.  ;)

Welcome back Mants and hope your home life works out and we see more of you on the forum....I saw anger from BB in the box and it was good anger..

Reply #83
Hang in there mate...only way is up ;)

Reply #84
Going through a seperation and missing the kids heaps but happy to be out of the life I was in.

Nice to read you are in a better position now Mantis. 

Everyone goes through some ugly crap at some stage in their life, it's how you deal with it and where you end up that is important.  
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #85
Nice to read you are in a better position now Mantis. 

Everyone goes through some ugly crap at some stage in their life, it's how you deal with it and where you end up that is important.

Nice post Sheik.

Reply #86
This is the post game thread isn't it or did I read the title incorrectly.....?
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #87
This is the post game thread isn't it or did I read the title incorrectly.....?

Yep, wasn't much to talk about but it was a win!

Phillips best game so far, what do you think?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #88
Jones second and third efforts were very good.  Especially his chasing.  I just wish he had a clue when leading out, though as pointed out, there was very little lace our footy today.

Particularly hard to hit someone on the chest when he never presents it. Half the problem we're having moving the ball forward is our forwards don't present. Jones is the main culprit - leads half hearted into an area of congestion or asks for it to be kicked over the top which would require a 65m kick or changes direction just as the player is about to kick.

Literally zero idea how to play as a forward.

Then we get to using your body. He seems absolutely surprised every time someone bumps him as the ball is arriving. He doesn't know how to hold your opponent off the drop zone and then take the mark. He simply stands under the ball and tries to jump up. Slight bump and he's gone.

If you think I'm being harsh - consider this - not once in his 11 games with Carlton has he accumulated double digits disposals.

Reply #89
Bolton summed up our game pretty well, "We make the easy look hard."

He also said that it was our most polished performance and I think he's right there.  His praise of Murphy, Gibbs, Thomas and Simpson was spot on.  His comment before the game, "Our system is more important than just Patrick Cripps" reinforces my belief that my club is in the right hands.

Leigh Matthews made an interesting comment about Bolton; "People would like to be coached by him."  Perhaps that's the trigger that will see players wanting to come to Carlton.