Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2023 Rd 22 Carlton vs Gold Coast at Gold Coast (Read 2167 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2023 Rd 22 Carlton vs Gold Coast at Gold Coast

Reply #30
Having Boyd put in a shocker doesn't help us at all. He had 8 possessions for the day and no influence.

Jack Carroll did his chances of remaining no good either. On a day where we were smashed in the middle, he managed 14 possessions. I give the 7 tackles a tick, though.
I'm less worried about Corey Durdin: he may have had 8 possessions, but he had 11 tackles. Considering that small forwards rarely get big numbers, I'll give that a (conceded) pass.

I'm willing to give ticks to Sam Durdin and Lewis Young; 10 and 15 marks a piece is a worthwhile contribution, as are 20 and 21 possessions.

Not a lot else to write home about. Most of our VFL guys were smashed: Ronke, 11 possessions; Ramshawn 9 possessions, Ned Cahill, 3 possessions (he must have been injured - he's better than that); McMahon, 5 possessions; Mills, 10 possessions; that isn't a big contribution.
More worrying: Harry Lemmey, 9 possessions and 0 goals; Jack Silvagni, 7 possessions and 1 goal; Dom Akuei, 5 possessions; Hudson O'Keefe, 7 possessions; and Sam Philp, 12 possessions. Not a big contribution from listed players. Granted that Jack may have re-injured something and Philp coming back from injury, but that is just not enough.

JSOS did only play half a game though.

Generally, what a way to blow a finals spot. Have it shot to pieces then lose by 120pts.

Reply #31
JSOS did only play half a game though.

Generally, what a way to blow a finals spot. Have it shot to pieces then lose by 120pts.
Just following essendons model

Reply #32
How much percentage did we drop?