Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 24 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS (Read 9214 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 24 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS

Reply #30
Fogarty and Cunningham are required.dont go away from what turned us around.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #31
I thought Cunningham has been good but has had a couple of off games in a row now. Partly I wonder if the changed D50 mix is causing this, although Fisher has been good having him in the D50 does cause a reshuffle, and we seem to be losing out on the output of others like Saad as well.

I suppose also Martin and Owies have grown in presence, they are commanding the football at the moment, and with Charlie in good form up the field there is less stoppage opportunity for the likes of Cunningham and Fogarty. But that doesn't mean you can just ignore the possibility.

I think it is the missing presence of McGovern that has this ripple effect.

Cottell has also been off a bit but is still deep running as strongly as ever. However he could be due for a week out as well, can Fisher retain his spot but be moved back to a wing?

I thought Young tapered off as our game style became more aggressive and confrontational, for a big bloke he is not a big physical presence. We need big blokes who are physically aggressive, who will straight line the footy, to take the physical dependency off Cripps to always do the hard stuff, I don't see it in Young, but Weiters and McGovern have it in spades and that means Cripps, Pitto and TDK don't have to push as deep all the time.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
Don't want to drop a Melbourne game to GWS and then find out we have them in the first final as well....

I reckon by the time the game starts at 6.10 that GWS will already know they can't make it because of other results and will be flat as a pancake.

Just to top it off, if Hawthorn can roll the Dees today, we might be playing next week to make the 1st Qualifying final against the Pies. 

How's that for a wish list?

This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #33
Fogarty and Cunningham are required.dont go away from what turned us around.
Boyd might be on the way back as well.

Cerra, Walsh, McGovern, Boyd were all ins and in good form when we were on a roll, personally I think it's more about picking players in form rather than picking players on name.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #34
The benefit that we have is that both 1st and 2nd teams are playing finals, so the whole squad will maintain match fitness for as long as they both survive.

Reply #35
The benefit that we have is that both 1st and 2nd teams are playing finals, so the whole squad will maintain match fitness for as long as they both survive.
It means we can't pull off any selection shiftys at the last minute though.

Reply #36

After yesterday, if Richmond win our 2nds are out.

Reply #37
If it is a dead rubber…

Personally I’d rest Cripps, Martin, Weiters, Charlie, Hollands, Newman, Docherty,
I’d keep Walsh, Cerra, McGovern, SOSOS and Kennedy out too.

Martin (to my surprise) had been instrumental the last few weeks. Newman may be top 3 in our BnF. We need Ollie’s run. Weiters is probably winning BnF. Docherty, Cripps and Charlie just deserve a rest.

Replace with whoever you like - but we cannot afford to have any of those 7 get injured.

Just get everyone cherry ripe for the Elimination Final.

—-
And if we get fined by the AFL for playing silly buggers then who gives a F.

Reply #38
Boyd might be on the way back as well.

Cerra, Walsh, McGovern, Boyd were all ins and in good form when we were on a roll, personally I think it's more about picking players in form rather than picking players on name.

Yeah I would bring in Boyd for Fisher. Since Fisher has come in he has done ok but Saad has suffered having to play a more defensive role that obviously Fisher can't do.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #39
We have an eight day break these guys recover in 2-3 days then back to training.

Reply #40
I'll  2nd that pinot although as G2C suggests I'd sacrifice Marchbank rather than Cincotta
What a dilemma we're having? Last year we couldn't get anyone in.
Cincotta has speed, toughness and is a terrific kick, cannot drop out IMO.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #41
Why would you drop Cincotta? That's absurd.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #42
Why would you drop Cincotta? That's absurd.

Who would you drop?

Doc won't play in the middle when Walsh and Cerra come back in.

Reply #43
Cripps has to come out and stay out until he is fit. He may be an inspirational player, but he is human.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #44
Who would you drop?

Doc won't play in the middle when Walsh and Cerra come back in.

You want to go back to the side from last year?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!