Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 546863 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #405
We're playing only three bats with Clarke, Marsh and Voges in the team... what used to be our strength is our biggest problem - no middle order whatsoever.

Voges must have thought test cricket was easy  facing the West Indies quicks whose stock delivery is the short ball.......this series he hasnt played with a straight bat once.
Clarke is out of confidence and Marsh was unlucky being recalled on a green top with England swinging it like a banana...
Lets hope we can take advantage of the conditions and get the same help of the wicket...maybe if Johnson and Starc slow it down a little they can move the ball more....

Reply #406
It's interesting that the commentators are almost unanimous in wondering why Siddle isn't in the eleven - not that he would have helped our batting.

Although the cricket isn't terribly good to watch, I am finding the vision of Nottingham very interesting; I had a couple of pints in Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem, and most of the other pubs in Nottingham, around this time last year :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #407
Like my love for the Blues, it wouldn't hurt so much if I didn't care so much. But I do care and I was embarrassed last night.
I simply cannot think of a single positive. At least I could go to sleep....
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #408
No comment...I have just no ****ing comment to justify what i saw.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #409
How does James Sutherland always escape criticism.
We have far too much emphasis on limited overs cricket, in particular 20/20. We do whatever India tells us we have to.

I don't know one English test player that plays IPL.
Our bats are simply not good enough. They don't play straight and they have no patience.

If they want to play IPL go do it.
If you want to play test cricket, commit to it, 100%.
AFL footballers commit for a lot less money than these ass clowns get.

Reply #410
It's interesting that the commentators are almost unanimous in wondering why Siddle isn't in the eleven - not that he would have helped our batting.

His batting may have helped. His average is higher than anyone made last night

Reply #411
Voges must have thought test cricket was easy  facing the West Indies quicks whose stock delivery is the short ball.......this series he hasnt played with a straight bat once.
Clarke is out of confidence and Marsh was unlucky being recalled on a green top with England swinging it like a banana...
Lets hope we can take advantage of the conditions and get the same help of the wicket...maybe if Johnson and Starc slow it down a little they can move the ball more....

This won't improve until NSW loses control of cricket, they are intoxicated with blokes like Warner and Hughes who can slam straight and wide stuff to all points. But as soon as the ball deviates the poor batting techniques are exposed for what they are.

Warner should have asked Root for some batting tips instead of punching him in the nose!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #412
This won't improve until NSW loses control of cricket, they are intoxicated with blokes like Warner and Hughes who can slam straight and wide stuff to all points. But as soon as the ball deviates the poor batting techniques are exposed for what they are.

Warner should have asked Root for some batting tips instead of punching him in the nose!

It won't change until CA realise 20/20 and test cricket are two different games.
It requires two different coaches and two different selection panels.
They currently seem to be very confused.

Reply #413
Top Secret leak.

Cricket Australia's strategy document.

The Force Awakens!

Reply #414
I think Warner got the best ball of the day... Neville got a good one also, but he didn't play it well. The rest gave 18 overs of catching practice.

Techniques and mindset found wanting. Pitch wasn't that bad, given the poms rattled up 4/270 odd.

Reply #415
It won't change until CA realise 20/20 and test cricket are two different games.
It requires two different coaches and two different selection panels.
They currently seem to be very confused.

A good start would be to look for players outside of Sydney, but I suppose this whole test is all Voges fault! ;)

It's funny because I am trivialising the situation, but it's not funny because it cuts too close to the bone!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #416
Now I've had the day to collect my thoughts.......they need to use the old Footy strategy.

Start playing the kids !  That means of the batting lineup, only Smith & Warner deserve to be retained.  Whatever happened to the likes of Joe Burns ?  Gave him a go, showed a bit, then never see him again !!!

They've got to pick for the future now.  And on the bowling front, give Cummings a go in the last test, and get Pattinson back in there this summer (which will be a very hard series against the Kiwis by the way).  Not sure about Neville either yet, you could have driven a truck through the gap between bat & pad as his bat came across from somewhere near 2nd slip !

Give us a young team that will at least have a few tests under their belt for the return Ashes.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #417
I think when this thread started, Australia was crap, since then we have got to the top of the pile, and now we are crap again.

Reply #418
I think when this thread started, Australia was crap, since then we have got to the top of the pile, and now we are crap again.

Similar cycle over the last three tests  ???
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #419
Shane Warne is a bit of a knob but his cricket analysis is usually pretty good.  His comments last night about the batsmen lacking match awareness were spot on.

I found it too painful to watch and gave up at tea.

I reckon part of the problem is the decline of the Sheffield Shield.