Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 546864 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #435
Clarke should retire immediately.
Expect to see youth in Bangladesh
Burns must play.
Maybe Doran.
I would prefer Faulkner to Marsh.
Cummins to play 5th test.

We need to find a strong group to build around Smith who should bat at four but won't.

I'd like to see Bancroft open with Warner when Rogers retires....
I'm not sold on Burns yet.
Cummins....agree...swings the ball at good pace all be it is injury prone...
Faulkner is unlucky, because he is a very good one day player it probably hold him back in terms of perception and I agree he should
be playing more test cricket...still like Marsh but conditions at the WACA are not conducive to being a good player in English conditions and
he will be a better player back in Aus and places like South Africa, the West Indies etc ...

Reply #436
I'd like to see Bancroft open with Warner when Rogers retires....
I'm not sold on Burns yet.
Cummins....agree...swings the ball at good pace all be it is injury prone...
Faulkner is unlucky, because he is a very good one day player it probably hold him back in terms of perception and I agree he should
be playing more test cricket...still like Marsh but conditions at the WACA are not conducive to being a good player in English conditions and
he will be a better player back in Aus and places like South Africa, the West Indies etc ...

Agree with Bancroft.
Warner is very lucky there is a void of senior players. His technique is awful.
These guys need to play in other cricket than IPL.
If Warner doesn't play county, I would tell him he doesn't play test cricket, up to him.

Reply #437
Agree with Bancroft.
If Warner doesn't play county, I would tell him he doesn't play test cricket, up to him.

You'd be kidding about Warner wouldn't you? Warner's actually made 4 half centuries and a 38 this series. Not at his best but not too bad either. his technique isn't bad and better than most. He averages 46 in Test Cricket so it has nothing to do with a void of senior players. He'll be always first picked.

Reply #438
Agree with Bancroft.

Warner hasnt got a great technique but is still a destructive player with a good eye...the English have bowled well to him and have had the ball moving back into his body
to cramp him up so he cant play those flashy cuts and drives but you are right a season or two of county to tighten his technique would be useful.
There is rumoured talk of another rebel test league starting up and I reckon Warner would be high on the list of players wanted and interested with obscene amounts of money
reckoned to be on offer if it ever gets off the ground...

Reply #439
You'd be kidding about Warner wouldn't you? Warner's actually made 4 half centuries and a 38 this series. Not at his best but not too bad either. his technique isn't bad and better than most. He averages 46 in Test Cricket so it has nothing to do with a void of senior players. He'll be always first picked.

No, not kidding.
He needs a kick up the ass.
He averages sub 20 in ashes first innings when it counts.
Stats ax be whatever you want them to be Jim
He has no forward defence and gets out playing the same shots
Let's not create another watson

Reply #440
Warner hasnt got a great technique but is still a destructive player with a good eye...the English have bowled well to him and have had the ball moving back into his body
to cramp him up so he cant play those flashy cuts and drives but you are right a season or two of county to tighten his technique would be useful.
There is rumoured talk of another rebel test league starting up and I reckon Warner would be high on the list of players wanted and interested with obscene amounts of money
reckoned to be on offer if it ever gets off the ground...

The blokes "setting" that up still owe numerous guys from ICL days.
Zero credibility.
If players want to take a risk on the money they now earn, let them.
There is only one thing that makes them valuable and that is playing for Australia.
Let em rot in IPL or whatever else they choose

Reply #441
Amazing watching last night.
You would swear we were trying to play test cricket.
Can't believe they would revert to that!

Reply #442
Amazing watching last night.
You would swear we were trying to play test cricket.
Can't believe they would revert to that!

Some good leaves by Warner and Rogers....England dont look that intense IMO, thought their fielding was lacking spark and while they bowled tight I didnt think they
came out pumped like they did last test. How Siddle has got a game is beyond me..even though he might get some wickets I would have played Cummins.

Reply #443
Nice warm up for the Kiwis......Cricket Aus XI.......1 - 503 (dec).  Declared when they lost their first wicket (Carters for 209)  Finch (who can't get a gig for Victoria)  - 288 n/o !

Match suspended now while the pitch is being inspected....be absolutely hilarious if the Kiwis couldn't get a bat on it (although, a fair slight on the Blacktown ovals preparation).

Latest word, the stumps have been taken out......Kiwi's will be fuming

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #444
Nice warm up for the Kiwis......Cricket Aus XI.......1 - 503 (dec).  Declared when they lost their first wicket (Carters for 209)  Finch (who can't get a gig for Victoria)  - 288 n/o !

Match suspended now while the pitch is being inspected....be absolutely hilarious if the Kiwis couldn't get a bat on it (although, a fair slight on the Blacktown ovals preparation).

Latest word, the stumps have been taken out......Kiwi's will be fuming

The Kiwi's aren't fuming, they pulled the pin claiming the pitch was dangerous for the bowlers due to pot holes in the foot marks!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #445
I just saw a phot0 of the pitch.....no bloody wonder.

That's pretty poor.  Can you imagine the outcry if this was an English warm up match to the First Ashes test ???

Reply #446
I just saw a phot0 of the pitch.....no bloody wonder.

That's pretty poor.  Can you imagine the outcry if this was an English warm up match to the First Ashes test ???

The kiwis were about to bat after Aus made 1/500. What was their concerns?

Reply #447
The kiwis were about to bat after Aus made 1/500. What was their concerns?

It wasn't good, big footholes on the bowling crease.........but I think they were after any excuse to get an early start up in Brisbane, they already tried to cut this game down to 3 days & were refused.....so they just pulled pin anyway.

Reply #449
No, not kidding.
He needs a kick up the ass.
He averages sub 20 in ashes first innings when it counts.
Stats ax be whatever you want them to be Jim
He has no forward defence and gets out playing the same shots
Let's not create another watson

He averages near 46 in Test Cricket. 12 centuries and 19 half centuries. There's your stats. Technique is good these days as he's worked on it. You obviously haven't watched any cricket at all for a couple of years. In case you've been living on Mars he is now probably the best opening batsman in world cricket. What you posted is....well...use your imagination.

Another Watson...lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!