Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 546612 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #450
I just saw a phot0 of the pitch.....no bloody wonder.

That's pretty poor.  Can you imagine the outcry if this was an English warm up match to the First Ashes test ???

Disgraceful.

IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #451
It looks like a 1st day track in India or Pakistan.
That isn't saying that it is any good. However, the Australians had just made a pretty impressive score on it, so it can't have played as bad as it looked.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #452
1/382. Kiwis are have a tour to forget. Pitch is a road...again!

Over the whole tour they've taken 20 wickets for over 2000.

Reply #453
1/382. Kiwis are have a tour to forget. Pitch is a road...again!

Over the whole tour they've taken 20 wickets for over 2000.

The Kiwi Bowling is woeful....no swing means no Southee or Boult and the rest look like sub districts players....can it get anymore non competitive...yep...the West Indies
2nd team are touring next.... :-X

Reply #454
1 maiden in 90 overs is horrendous bowling. Their bowlers don't seem to be getting a lot of support from their captain either which probably isn't helping them.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #455
1 maiden in 90 overs is horrendous bowling. Their bowlers don't seem to be getting a lot of support from their captain either which probably isn't helping them.

Fawad Ahmed must be thinking he chose the wrong country...would have walked into the NZ team...Craig bowls more nude balls than anyone I have seen and his direction and length are terrible.
The retired Dan Vettori has left a massive hole in that team...

Reply #456
I heard that only 25 of the balls bowled yesterday would have hit the stumps  :o

The Kiwis have certainly started with more purpose this morning.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #457
Fourth stump line is common defensive move, but takes discipline to execute.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #458
Calling leg spinners. Australia needs you!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #459
Thinking Johnson's days might be nearing the end. Too often under 140k and getting dished up roads after road to bowl on. Last 6 Tests in Australia have been roads. Interesting to see if he pulls the pin after this Test.

Reply #460
Thinking Johnson's days might be nearing the end. Too often under 140k and getting dished up roads after road to bowl on. Last 6 Tests in Australia have been roads. Interesting to see if he pulls the pin after this Test.

Reckon you are right...looked down in mind and body and reckon he has had enough...NZ batters actually looked forward to him coming on in preference to Starc..
Mind you the WACA is no longer a pace bowlers friend and its been hard yakka for every bowler....

Reply #461
Mind you the WACA is no longer a pace bowlers friend and its been hard yakka for every bowler....

That's been really disappointing. I wonder if they're just getting people used to the idea so that when they move to the new stadium with it's drop in pitches it won't be such a change.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #462
Rumors floating around Johnson is about to pull the pin, I can't blame him.

A cricket administration and media dominated by former batsmen has harassed and harangued the curators of grounds to produce batsmen friendly pitches, the net result is the disgrace we see at the WACA. A former pace bowlers nirvana turned into a pitch for flat track bullies. No wonder blokes like Johnson have had enough, their plight is beyond hope.

I find it ironic that the media types now spend all their time complaining, when they are the primary cause! They got what they wanted and now they are not happy about it!

This trend to build roads is crazy, it's killing the sport. Get a job with the council those behind this craziness! You might as well play cricket with tennis balls and racquets!

Perhaps it's time to ban drop in pitches and replace technology with skill and diversity?

Sixes and fours are good for TV, but falling wickets aren't too bad either!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #463
As an ex pace bowler........4 days of the worst cricket I have ever had the misfortune to see (parts of).  I just couldn't sit through all of that.  Starcs bowling mid 150s & there is nothing.  What a mere shadow of a once great cricket wicket the WACA is now....and truth be told has been for quite a while......I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but a drop in at the new stadium over there couldn't be any worse.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.