Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 564278 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #555
I like Adam Gilchrist and Damien Fleming commentating in the BB but Mark Waugh winds me up and all I see is a horse racing scam artist and Ricky Ponting says little of value while sucking on his Swisse Multivites.....Andy Maher and Mark Howard wouldnt know one end of a bat from the other and Freddie Flintoff should have been left in the African Jungle with a few other celebs..

Reply #556
agree with most of that EB.

Freddys routine wears a bit thin pretty quick.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #557
England the lazy 629 vs the Saffies....Stokes 258, Bairstow 150...the Saffies have really come back to the field...to be fair no Steyn and Philander but both  those two probably dont have long in the long format of the game...
Stokes I rate(128 in one session???) but if little Jonny is making 150 then you know times are tough in SA cricket....
Graeme Smith might get that phone call to come back very soon IMO....

Reply #558
The next tier of players simply haven't come on EB, Faf and Duminy just aren't consistent enough.

Maybe Broad and Ali are better than people give them credit for.

On another topic Maxwell etal. Like to bag Melbourne weather.  How much time was lost to drizzle in the last test Jim?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #559
Can't stand Jim Maxwell... should be pensioned off.

Reply #560
The next tier of players simply haven't come on EB, Faf and Duminy just aren't consistent enough.

Maybe Broad and Ali are better than people give them credit for.

On another topic Maxwell etal. Like to bag Melbourne weather.  How much time was lost to drizzle in the last test Jim?

No Depth in the Saffie local comp Prof...and they are disadvantaged by the quota system...

Broad is an excellent player and a bloke like Ali is very handy but they have not had much to beat...

Jim Maxwell is probably due for retirement...

Reply #561
No Depth in the Saffie local comp Prof...and they are disadvantaged by the quota system...

Broad is an excellent player and a bloke like Ali is very handy but they have not had much to beat...

England and Australia are probably the best two teams around at the moment. Saffers are struggling and I don't include India while they cheat and doctor up their wickets. No that many sides are playing well away, India are really ordinary away from home.

Reply #562
The bloke who really should be pensioned off is Mike Coward, gees he dribbles on.  At least Skull was funny, I miss his jokes and funky laugh.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #563

Ali will be smashed out here, they'll need to decide if they want to carry him as a batsman then.  England will be in the position Saffers are in when Broad & Anderson are gone.....Aussies already going through that transition phase having lost Johnston & Harris & are getting good matches into Hazelwood & Pattinson.  Will Broad & Ando still be around for the return Ashes series out here ?  Broad probably, Anderson ?????

Will be interesting.
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #564
The bloke who really should be pensioned off is Mike Coward, gees he dribbles on.  At least Skull was funny, I miss his jokes and funky laugh.

What's worse is, we now have to listen to Gerard Whately

Reply #565
Ali will be smashed out here, they'll need to decide if they want to carry him as a batsman then.  England will be in the position Saffers are in when Broad & Anderson are gone.....Aussies already going through that transition phase having lost Johnston & Harris & are getting good matches into Hazelwood & Pattinson.  Will Broad & Ando still be around for the return Ashes series out here ?  Broad probably, Anderson ?????

Will be interesting.

Anderson is/will be gone and Broad probably in the twilight of his career by then...agree on Ali as a bowler but he was probably more of a nuisance as a batsman and we didnt know how to handle him...that No 7 or No 8 who can keep out the good ones but smash the rest is very handy as Carlos Brathwaite is showing and they might carry Ali as a batter and part time spinner.
Not convinced Pattinson can last a hard test series or two in a row yet and ditto for Starc...Hazelwood is very Siddle like but can be carted with his lack of real pace...like to see Cummins back but he is another who cant stay on the park. Interesting to see Paris picked in the ODI team....I really like Behrendorff though and reckon he has been unlucky not to play for Aus in a few formats...good pace, swings the ball and is accurate...be a handful in English conditions IMO...

Reply #566
The bloke who really should be pensioned off is Mike Coward, gees he dribbles on. At least Skull was funny, I miss his jokes and funky laugh.

His anecdotes would have been a godsend for this summers test series. Here's a skull classic for old times sake.

[flash=400,400]https://www.youtube.com/v/5Y3AXzZqg2k[/flash]

With Harsha......

[flash=400,400]https://www.youtube.com/v/_Y3rTOPNulI[/flash]
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #567
re: Chris Gayle....been in the news for mainly the wrong reasons, however he does have some redeeming qualities it seems, my eldest daughter and her boyfriend were invited along to one of his mates birthday parties....happens this bloke is good friends with CG who rocked up and paid for the entire evening and was a gentleman to all concerned..

Reply #568
Should Voges retire - tonight?

Averaging 100 in Test cricket.....gets out early tomorrow still averages a very healthy 92 odd.

It would mean immortality!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #569
Should Voges retire - tonight?

Averaging 100 in Test cricket.....gets out early tomorrow still averages a very healthy 92 odd.

It would mean immortality!

The Don and the Voge......think the latter will keep playing and get as many tests as he can but its a good point you make and he has taken his chances
even when he has been out but survived by dubious umpiring....how did they get that Bracewell no ball so wrong?