Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 546678 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #660
When we start selecting players on form we will be able to carry a bloke who is a great captain but not necessarily a great cricketer. Bailey is a prime example, his captaincy is probably worth a century relative to Smith's.

But longer term there is a real problem, as our shield teams are full of blokes who make their reputation in 20/20.

Those of us old enough will know how big of a rabble Australia was until Simpson returned as captain and what a huge difference he made to the team's performance!

Simpson returned as captain when the World Series Cricket spilt started.

Reply #661
Bit harsh on Starc... had a significant injury and little preparation for this test.

Reply #662
And warner runs himself out, crap me our test side is full of deadset retards.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #663
Bit harsh on Starc... had a significant injury and little preparation for this test.

Should not have been picked.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #664
I liked Michael Clark's commentary;

"This game depends on Warner and Smith, if they can bat all day Australia will win!"

NSWelshman telling us NSWelshman can win an impossible test, I wonder what he thinks after Warner ran himself out?

Then he exits the commentary box saying,

"In next Shane Warne and The Great Michael Slater!"

FFS, they are killing the game in this country! The NSWelshman are making nepotists look like a meritocracy! Next thing they'll be renaming the NRL the World Series!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #665
If you are feeling a bit down on the state of Australian cricket I would recommend checking out The Grade Cricketer podcast.

Reply #666
This loss might be the loss we needed to get NSW off Australian crickets throat!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #667
Can we just get some fresh blood into the team!!!!???

Nic Maddinson
Kurtis Patterson
Marcus Stoinis
Cam Bancroft
Peter Handscomb
Jake Lehmann
Ashton Agar

They'll be others too!

Forget Glenn Maxwell.

I'd be making the steady Peter Nevill vice-captain ASAP.

Out: Voges, S.Marsh (inj), Siddle.

I'd keep Mitch Marsh in and bat him at 7 or 8, with someone like Stoinis is also as another medium pacer.

I just think, let's rebuild/reboot, somewhat, with a bunch of younger blokes together.

Reply #668
Cricket Australia, in its wisdom, named a squad for the first two tests; no changes for the second test  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #669
S. Marsh broken finger, won't play

Reply #670
S. Marsh broken finger, won't play

Ferguson and Burns have been added to the squad.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #671
Ok S. Marsh is injured, Burns replaces him.

Siddle has been a mighty warrior but M. Marsh plays the plug it up role. I'd play a more dynamic dealer like Chad Sayers or Faulkner.

I'd also give o' Keefe a chance, Lyon has been found out. 

Reply #672

Siddle has been a mighty warrior but M. Marsh plays the plug it up role. I'd play a more dynamic dealer like Chad Sayers or Faulkner.

Agree on Faulkner....we are also missing Johnsons batting at no 8...although Falkner isnt quick and I feel we need another strike bowler with genuine pace....
Siddle doesnt do enough with the ball at his now reduced pace....
Our middle order lacks players with technique..Rabada is a good young colt who swings the ball and as we know our blokes cant play swing at all, once he started reverse swinging the ball  we were
in trouble...

Reply #673
Need to look at positions 5 and 6. They are falling too quickly putting us under pressure. Nos 1, 3 and 4 are solid enough just need support further down to stiffen the batting line up. Be interesting to see how Ferguson goes as i'm guessing Voges will be out injured. I'd be looking at Stoinis at no.6 to bat and add 10 overs. Look forward to when our quicks are fit to join Hazelwood and Starc. Love Cummins to be fit. Starc, Cummins an Hazelwood would be a world class line up. Being stronger at 5 and 6 together with a full fast bowling line up  would takes us back close to no.1 again. Essentially it's just a few players different from being crap and strong.  As for the spinner wonder in Lyon is still the or do we use O'Keefe, who was going just as well and a much better batsman.

Reply #674

Has Lyon been found out or not given enough opportunity?
Steve's Smiths best mate is.....O'Keefe