Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 547095 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #690
Problem is Faulkner is not good enough for a 3rd seamer or bat 6 IMO.

What me need is Handscomb to bat in the top 6 allowing a Faulkner or Marsh to come in at 7 or 8.

A Keeper in the top 6 can give the team the flexibility it needs.

Yes, I can see that too.

Reply #691
Faulkner behind two genuine quicks would work....not convinced Hazelwood is a No 2 bowler, batters do get a hold of him and he doesnt have the genuine pace to worry good players
on good wickets..

Hopefully that'll sort by season's end. Cummins would have to have a change of luck at some stage. Changes the whole dynamic.

Reply #692
Apart from Warner, all of our batsmen are flat-track bullies who have continually had the flaws in their techniques found out on moving decks and ball.

Time for the selectors to start blooding some young stars of the future and dispense with these non-performing name brands.

More the problem is flat decks is they've been dished up the last couple of years. Don't get any chance to play on moving decks. Until we do then we'll have difficulty.

Sub continent spinning decks I've given up on. No-one is winning, we're not the only one's. there's just no way to practice in those conditions. Unless you have a world class spinner, making sub continent countries think twice about serving up dirty, dusty diabolical turners, we, nor anyone else will win there.

Reply #693
Went for stroll around the Hobart waterfront in my lunch hour today, glorious cricket conditions, 18 or 19, sunny with some clouds, slight southeasterly off the river.  Perfect, and has been for 3 days. 

I'm telling you this so that when you tune into try to watch/listen/follow the first day tomorrow, and the next probably....and see the weather that has been dished up, you don't think that this cr@p is what is "normal" !!

cheers

Mal.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #694
Morale shot, sent in on a green deck.... All out for 40 I reckon.

Voges has to go, simply no idea against decent bowling.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #695
5/16, we are officially a laughing stock.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #696
Abbott..  GET OFF THE FING PITCH OR YOU'LL GET RUN THROUGH AS WELL.

Reply #697
Since the lad Hughes got killed it's fecked up the heads of our lot!

They cannot distinguish between cause and effect, and accident and an action. Crap as it was, the kid could have stumbled on the way out to the pitch and hit his head on the fence and been killed. Or he could have slipped in the shower at the hotel while getting ready for the game.

Boof has been through this, he was a shadow of himself after Hooke's death!

We need a clean sweep, players, coaches, managers, administrators, etc., etc.. They are never going to be any good, it's over for this lot!

Weather permitting you might find SA making +350 on the same pitch, close the door, turn out the lights, and hand the keys back Australian cricket is dead!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #698
Is there some rule that says that any Australia hit on the pad is automatically LBW?

Reply #700
Our blokes try to pick up the ball early and commit to playing a line. Works on flat pitches but any movement and they're shot.  Watch the Voges dismissal... Commits early and made no allowance for any variation and a soft, soft dismissal.

Reply #701
Can't see Mennie playing a lot of tests, doesn't look like a wicket taker... Lack penetration and doesn't move it around.  How he got a game before Sayers or Bird, well only Marsh knows, because I don't see it.

Reply #702
So, any reason we selected we selected Mennie ahead of Bird, especially on a green deck in Hobart?

We need a new no.5. Wondering too if we need a keeper who can make runs, maybe Handscomb. As far as the bowling goes we can't wait until the likes of Cummins etc...are fit. Lyon looks out of form too. O'Keefe would bowl just as well as bat alot better.

We also need our batsmen not to don't do dumb things. Warner has been wonderful for Australia but WTF was he thinking slashing like that in the first over.

Reply #703
So, any reason we selected we selected Mennie ahead of Bird, especially on a green deck in Hobart?

We need a new no.5. Wondering too if we need a keeper who can make runs, maybe Handscomb. As far as the bowling goes we can't wait until the likes of Cummins etc...are fit. Lyon looks out of form too. O'Keefe would bowl just as well as bat alot better.

We also need our batsmen not to don't do dumb things. Warner has been wonderful for Australia but WTF was he thinking slashing like that in the first over.
Our batsman have no clue how to dig in and just stay out in the middle. They do stupid stuff trying to win a test match in the first 50 overs. Its like racing car drivers who tangle at the first corner of a 300km race. Just stupid.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #704
Mennie..... Another WTF entry in the Rod Marsh selection roll of horror.