Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 566299 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #751
Bit of a story breaking about the SA Captain doing the old lolly trick.

Pretty suspect, the report states he licks his fingers but the video shows him almost swallowing an index finger, his boyfriend must be very happy! :D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #753
Saffies were warned for scrubbing the ball in the first test as well, Faf would want to be careful.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #754
Wade is a very average keeper.
He needs a chest guard

Need grit and toughness in the middle order though. Wade does provide that. Might be one time to go with the better batsman. While not always the best way, the way we collapse it may be the way to go this time.

Reply #755
Gilchrist wasn't the greatest keeper ever either.

Reply #756
Gilchrist wasn't the greatest keeper ever either.

True, and I'm not overly worried about Wade's keeping as such. I think his preparedness to get in the grill of the opposition, plus more than competent batting at no.6 or 7, is what we need. I'd be playing him in the 3rd Test to shake things up, along with Handscomb and Stoinis.

Reply #757
Sounds like Burns carked it bad today, so can't see him getting a gig... he has technical issues to sort out.

Reply #758
Is Shaun Marsh fit to play?

Reply #759
True, and I'm not overly worried about Wade's keeping as such. I think his preparedness to get in the grill of the opposition, plus more than competent batting at no.6 or 7, is what we need. I'd be playing him in the 3rd Test to shake things up, along with Handscomb and Stoinis.

Would play Faulkner ahead of Stoinis any day of the week personally......
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #761
What we need are selectors who will pick the best team for every Test.  Forget about picking blokes who may do OK in the next tour of England or India; win the next Test  >:(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #762
Jake Lehmann has to be a chance too. Matt Renshaw is another I keep hearing about.

Add Handscomb, Patterson, Bancroft, Maddinson and Stoinis to the mix, plus Wade, and we have some options to choose from, all young too. (Wade 28yo)

James Faulkner is a made Test cricketer IMO.

Reply #763
Jake Lehmann has to be a chance too. Matt Renshaw is another I keep hearing about.

Add Handscomb, Patterson, Bancroft, Maddinson and Stoinis to the mix, plus Wade, and we have some options to choose from, all young too. (Wade 28yo)

James Faulkner is a made Test cricketer IMO.

Lehmann looks very much in form so pick him, irrelevant who his Dad is....

Handscomg on 57no as we speak, Dean (who's he?) on 94 no.

Khawaja got a ton.

Burns failed. Gone.

Bancroft failed, Voges retired hurt!

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #764
In regards to today's Adam Voges incident.

How do blokes make it to test level unable to deal with short pitched bowling, dealing with bouncers by turning their heads away?

FFS, they have hundreds of dollars of high strength carbon fibre or titanium alloy sitting on their head and the best they can do is duck! With that headgear on you could freaking head-butt the ball Kohli style and just laugh it off, but these guys turn away exposing the back of their head to the delivery!

It's just another sign of how far Australian cricket has slipped!
The Force Awakens!