Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 547570 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #900
Too late, Wade is in...lol. Sure his batting will pick up though. It'll be his last Test for a while though as while his keeping has been ok here this year, India is not the place for him to keep.
Wade has struggled in India before. Even with his work ethic, I can't see him making the stumping that wins a test match.
It will be interesting to see if his batting can come good, as he is more than useful with the bat. But his form with the willow has been less than outstanding this season.

Once upon a time Tim Paine would have been considered to be the answer, but he has not managed to find anything like the form he would require to be considered as yet. And, as a batsman, he has always disappointed. He has much more talent than he has shown in test cricket, or at any level since his return from injury.

The wicket keeping spot must make the selectors lose sleep.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #901
Geez that Stanlake was impressive for the Strikers

Reply #903
He landed one at 148kph last night. Very impressive.

Its the bounce from a good length that impresses me about Stanlake
I see David Willey has been replaced by Tim Bresnan for the Scorchers.....Willey is impressive and I am not surprised he has been called up by England, could even end up playing test cricket IMO.

Reply #904
Its the bounce from a good length that impresses me about Stanlake
I see David Willey has been replaced by Tim Bresnan for the Scorchers.....Willey is impressive and I am not surprised he has been called up by England, could even end up playing test cricket IMO.

Agree it would be tough facing Starc, Hazlewood and Stanlake at Brisbane in the first ashes test next year

Reply #905
Young Davey did OK this morning  :o

Renshaw was pretty good too, apart from playing a bouncer with his cheekbone.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #906
Young Davey did OK this morning  :o

Renshaw was pretty good too, apart from playing a bouncer with his cheekbone.

Pakistan must be back on the punt....they were woeful, fielding is disgraceful and the captain the worst, some of their work looked very sus.
Imran Khan the II was bowling at 122k's about as menacing as a maccas soft serve on a 40 degree day, the real Imran would have been embarrassed watching him. ....Sarfraz missed an easy stumping IMO and more dropped catches...this mob are either terrible or we need a stewards enquiry.
Warner and Renshaw did play well but you would get more opposition  playing Mont Albert subbies U16's than this mob...

Reply #907
Maybe pumping the odds up for later on.... Almost won the unwinnable, lost the unloseable, what odds on a Lazarus-like performance in Sydney?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #908
I'm not sure that they were all that bad considering the circumstances.  Their bowling really hasn't got into a rhythm during the series and that has got to impact on other aspects of their game.

I reckon we'd be doing well to be competitive in the last game of an away season where we're facing a whitewash!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #909
I think the changes in the Aussie list have been nothing but positive.

It's clear players like Renshaw and Handscomb have the demeanour to bat for long periods, something we have lacked for a long time. All they need to do is gain confidence in their own techniques and they be fine.

I particularly like Handscomb's "leaves" today and yesterday, show real maturity. Looks to be prepared to set himself before he scores, he doesn't look like giving his wicket away! Very reminiscent of Gower!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #910
Cartwright look good for his 37. Techniaque was solid and, like Handscomb and Renshaw, valued his wicket. Got to face 97 balls. If he does ok with the ball too, and that's all we want, he'll be a handy aquistition. Just need Cummins fit and the side will be ripe for the Ashes next year.

We'll get wiped in India on their crape, doctored-up pitches, but thinking we'll pump the Poms. The Perth and Hobart debacles, especially the latter, have been such a blessing in disquise. Forced us to change things up.

Reply #911
Cartwright look good for his 37. Techniaque was solid and, like Handscomb and Renshaw, valued his wicket. Got to face 97 balls. If he does ok with the ball too, and that's all we want, he'll be a handy aquistition. Just need Cummins fit and the side will be ripe for the Ashes next year.

We'll get wiped in India on their crape, doctored-up pitches, but thinking we'll pump the Poms. The Perth and Hobart debacles, especially the latter, have been such a blessing in disquise. Forced us to change things up.

Wont need to doctor their pitches even this time...Kholi and crew will take Okeefe, Lyon etc  apart.......Okeefe hardly spun a ball today, reckon we would have been better going the three pace bowlers.
Cartwright looked good batting but his bowling is very friendly and he will be buffet material in India.....its a pity Mitch Marsh cant improve his batting technique as he is the only allrounder we have who can
bowl with any menace..
Think we should beat England on our own soil, though I wont want to see Moeen Ali batting at 7 or 8 like he did in the previous English ashes series....dont think we can bowl them out with our present lineup  if that happens.
When Starc and Hazlewood are not bowling we dont look like taking a wicket...Azhar Ali has worked out if you see them off its pretty easy work, need to get Pat Cummins into the team and on the tour of India and sharpen him up for the Poms....be great if Pattinson was also available and we had the 4 big quicks playing vs the English.

Reply #912
O'Keefe looking pretty average here

Reply #913
Great century by Wade.  It should give us a fighting chance.

Reply #914
Great century by Wade.  It should give us a fighting chance.

Depends what the odds are and how many the Pakis can make ...er US dollars or British Pounds that is ..think they like the latter, Wade should thank Amir for those waste high full tosses on leg stump late in the innings,....my money is on the Aussies and easily, noticed Azhar has walked off the ground and retired hurt,  think thats the ball game....
Hafeez should get an academy award for that dropped catch at slip too.....bet if that had been a bag of british pounds he would have caught it with one hand and had time to wave to Amir in the dressing room with the other...Babar couldnt have guided that ball to first slip any better either.....