Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 546515 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #960
India all out 107.

O'Keefe 6/35 again
Lyon 4/53

Australia won by 333 runs.
I was out for dinner. I couldn't believe the game was over! Amazing!

Can we repeat it? I doubt it, but who knows?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #961
I was out for dinner. I couldn't believe the game was over! Amazing!

Can we repeat it? I doubt it, but who knows?

Only if India doctor the wicket again..........lol!!!!!

Reply #962
They gave Starc man of the match...seriously??? He batted very well and took two important wickets to set up momentum in the first innings but better than 12/70? Wouldn't think so.

EDIT: Take it back. Starc won something else. O'Keefe was man of the match.

Reply #963
The last time I checked, the Indians were 4 for and I thought we could be in with a real chance.  I went to check on the scores again and it was game over and a win by 333 runs  :o

That is a magnificent effort by the Aussies and full marks to Smith and O'Keefe.  They have certainly answered their critics among the ex-captains' and ex-leg spinners' clubs.

One of the best aspects of the win is that we were able to take greater advantage of the doctored pitch :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #964
Rumour is the Indians won big off the field....

Reply #965
Rumour is the Indians won big off the field....

Only among folk who gave us no chance EB ;)

It was too much of a shellacking for a fix and, as I understand it, spot betting rather than overall results is the favoured form of gambling on cricket.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #966
And Harbajhan Singh goes on to illustrate what a skunk of a human he is with some of the least gracious comments ever.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #967
Will give the lads an amazing confidence boost.

Will the Marsh brothers get another chance?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #968
No way they'll change the team after that performance!

Reply #969
And Harbajhan Singh goes on to illustrate what a skunk of a human he is with some of the least gracious comments ever.
Alas, not all cricketers are nice. Not even all of ours. However, some of them lack more humanity than most, while others disconnect their brains before opening their mouths. You may place Mr. Singh where you will. :)

I was surprised by a number of the performances, very pleasantly indeed. But we should make changes. We really should. Whether we will is debateable. Teams who pull off a win like that are rarely changed much.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #970
Alas, not all cricketers are nice. Not even all of ours. However, some of them lack more humanity than most, while others disconnect their brains before opening their mouths. You may place Mr. Singh where you will. :)

I was surprised by a number of the performances, very pleasantly indeed. But we should make changes. We really should. Whether we will is debateable. Teams who pull off a win like that are rarely changed much.

Mr Singh is upset that his prediction of a 4-zip whitewash has fallen flat.

The Australian selectors tend to avoid changing a winning cricket team but a willingness to improve the team for the next match could send a message to India.  Khawaja seems to be out of favour but he would have to be a better option than SE Marsh.  MR Marsh made an important contribution in the second innings but I would prefer to see Maxwell as the all-rounder.  Another spinner who doesn't get great turn would now be seen as a great threat by the Indians  :)

Reply #971
Change will be key to producing another result, you won't see our bowlers getting 12 wickets from straight deliveries next test.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #972
there will be no change to the 12, short of injury....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #973
We won that test because we picked a side suited to the pitch, no based on reputations.

Should the next pitch be different, so should the team that runs out!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #974
We won that test because we picked a side suited to the pitch, no based on reputations.

Should the next pitch be different, so should the team that runs out!

We won that Test because the Indians were over cocky, complacent and arrogant....

Not much to do with our lot to be honest.
Finals, then 4 in a row!