Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 547149 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #285
This match is a waste of time. There will be no result. I would have rather watched a match on a pitch that challenges batsmen to reach a total of 300 to 330 and have a result over 5 days. All we have done is given batsmen a chance to lift their average scores. Whether it is a deliberate thing with the curators, its just not entertaining for the public. I don't remember so many centuries in a test series for years now.

These are all batsmen that would have struggled on greener pitches with bowlers that know how to bowl. Holding, Lillee, Akram, Khan, Garner, McGrath, Warne etc.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #286
This match is a waste of time. There will be no result. I would have rather watched a match on a pitch that challenges batsmen to reach a total of 300 to 330 and have a result over 5 days. All we have done is given batsmen a chance to lift their average scores. Whether it is a deliberate thing with the curators, its just not entertaining for the public. I don't remember so many centuries in a test series for years now.

These are all batsmen that would have struggled on greener pitches with bowlers that know how to bowl. Holding, Lillee, Akram, Khan, Garner, McGrath, Warne etc.

Geez mants, popgun attack or what ?
Edit: I mean, exactly who would score runs against that attack ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #287
Be nice if we left slightly more juice in these pitches..... YAWN.

It just shows who is running cricket these days - imagine if we prepared our pitches to meet the Poms' requirements  ::)

No wonder New Zealand are winning every series at home of late, they must be the only team in the world that play on wickets with any grass or sideways movement....
India have stuffed cricket with all their money, IPL comp, we have more match fixing(hello Chris Cairns and Lou Vincent) thanks to all the dirty money in the game and
players like Glen Maxwell getting a million bucks a season to play cross batted park cricket is ridiculous IMO..
Players like Chris Gayle have turned their back on their country for Indian money and the Windies are just a basket case in terms of cricketing structure back home and are a 3rd  world team.....half of Pakistans team are in jail for match fixing.

Australia, England, South Africa are about the only countries who you can trust to be fair dinkum when they go out to play these days.....

We should exclusively turn our Test Cricket into a Tri-Nations comp among these 3 sides.........tell the rest they can get stuffed & play amongst themselves.  England & Aus are the only countries that still get crowds (& therefore revenue) by turning up in droves to test matches, that's why all the other sides want to play us.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #288
Getting tired of one side constantly chasing the game and the other sandbagging.  They might have more rub of the green if they starting forcing things.

Ashwin's caromb ball was a shorter but gees it looks like a chuck.....
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #289

Geez mants, popgun attack or what ?
Edit: I mean, exactly who would score runs against that attack ?

I know I probably chose some of the best bowlers ever to play the game. The point I was trying to make, is that this Indian bowling line up are so far away from the best, that most decent batsmen could score centuries against them with ease. They bowl half volley deliveries, pitch it in too short, or bowl wide of the stumps way too often. In fact if any of them manage to bowl 2 or 3 good deliveries in an over, it is a miracle. Their fielding is an absolute joke, and they drop catches worse than we do. We haven't taken some of our chances in this test. India is just worse.

Kohli has been brilliant with the bat. Cannot fault his attitude or application. I would give him the thumbs up if he ever wanted to play for us. Knows when to be patient and knows when to attack. He would probably bat a good score no matter who bowled at him.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #290
Like I said previously, I'd play Steve Smith at no.3 sometime soon. He wants it and can handle it IMO.

I'm still dubious of his technique when  under pressure with the ball moving and on greener wickets, while he is make runs at No 4 I would leave him there
and wouldnt mess with what is working.
India have been a disgrace wit the ball....as Harris showed vs Kumar who was bowling at less than 130k its just been a picnic for batsman....
These blokes get there IPL money and just dont show up for test cricket unless its in India where they have to put on a show..

Did well in South Africa against the best fast bowling attack in the world.

Reply #291
Like I said previously, I'd play Steve Smith at no.3 sometime soon. He wants it and can handle it IMO.

I'm still dubious of his technique when  under pressure with the ball moving and on greener wickets, while he is make runs at No 4 I would leave him there
India have been a disgrace wit the ball....as Harris showed vs Kumar who was bowling at less than 130k its just been a picnic for batsman....
These blokes get there IPL money and just dont show up for test cricket unless its in India where they have to put on a show..

Fair point Jim , he was good vs the Saffies who have a very good attack.....I'll be onboard more when he makes runs vs the English next ashes series....
Watson has done enough to tour the Windies and his bowling was very handy which we will need given M. Marsh being a doubtful quantity...
Mitchell Starc might be good value on the Windies tour...it made Glen McGrath as a bowler and I'd like to see Starc take some of the load of Johnson and Harris....the latter needs some rest time  for the Ashes where I think he can help us win the series...

Reply #292

Fair point Jim , he was good vs the Saffies who have a very good attack.....I'll be onboard more when he makes runs vs the English next ashes series....

Smith has done more than enough to warrant a pass from any form of scrutiny this summer. Player of the year based on his recent performances.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #293
Yesterday afternoon certainly wasn't boring. Specially Smith and Burns.

Today has the potential to be a great finish. Kohli will go all out for a win I reckon, so there will be runs and wickets, at least for a little while.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #294
The Australian team are fair dinkum, but Cricket Australia have bowed to the whims of Indian Board and produced these "roads" for this series, taking Mitchell Johnson and the rest of our fast bowlers right out of the equation. It has back fired somewhat, as the Indians have not been able to take 20 wickets in any of the tests, whilst our guys have still been good enough to "winkle out" their bats and win the series, albeit without the fiery pace we should have seen.
The Ashes series will be different as both sides have good depth in fast bowling stocks, and the Indian Board has been taken out of the equation....all my opinion of course, love a good conspiracy ;)

Reply #295
Anybody see Carl Barron on The Cricket Show?  He was there to spruik a movie, but did himself no favours.  Anyone plucked from the crowd would have been funnier.  You'd think he would have prepared a few funny stories to get things going.

Reply #296

Can't agree sorry elwood. He's shown he can match it and has the eye to bit a moving ball or leave it. Many players with good techniques have fluffed it at 3 and I want a bloke with the confidence and 'want' to bat at 3. He has the Ponting self-belief too which I think cannot be underestimated. He's good enough too IMHO.

Watson, S.Marsh, Cowan, and these blokes aint up to it. Shaun Marsh needs runs in The Windies badly. She reckon he's too soft mentally when batting and a liability in the field.

Burns not ready and could become a long-term opening partner for Warner IMO but either way not at 3 just yet if ever.

Clarke no good at 3 and doesnt want it let alone batting at 4. Reckon Clarkey will want Watson at 3, Smith to stay at 4 so he can come back to no.5 his preferred spot and thats ok.

Watson soft and doesnt look like he wants to bat there. It's still as an opener or no where for him IMO.

Reply #297
Too many of these blokes eg Marsh, Burns are average fielders which is a real problem as well.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #298
Anybody see Carl Barron on The Cricket Show?  He was there to spruik a movie, but did himself no favours.  Anyone plucked from the crowd would have been funnier.  You'd think he would have prepared a few funny stories to get things going.

Agree....5 minutes of my life wasted on that non funny segment...

Reply #299

Can't agree sorry elwood. He's shown he can match it and has the eye to bit a moving ball or leave it. Many players with good techniques have fluffed it at 3 and I want a bloke with the confidence and 'want' to bat at 3. He has the Ponting self-belief too which I think cannot be underestimated. He's good enough too IMHO.

Watson, S.Marsh, Cowan, and these blokes aint up to it. Shaun Marsh needs runs in The Windies badly. She reckon he's too soft mentally when batting and a liability in the field.

Burns not ready and could become a long-term opening partner for Warner IMO but either way not at 3 just yet if ever.

Clarke no good at 3 and doesnt want it let alone batting at 4. Reckon Clarkey will want Watson at 3, Smith to stay at 4 so he can come back to no.5 his preferred spot and thats ok.

Watson soft and doesnt look like he wants to bat there. It's still as an opener or no where for him IMO.

I'd like another look at Cowan. Huge a huge summer including a double 150 last game and is batting very aggressively. Remember from our golden era every one of our batsmen were dropped at one stage before turning into absolute superstars. Happy to try Cowan again at 3.