Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 2 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 3937 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 2 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Interesting to see how we go with out Covid headaches.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 2 2022 Post Game Permutations Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

Reply #1
Again, the midfield fired with mid-30s possessions all around. Cripps dominant and kicked 2. Charlie Curnow took his turn under the spotlight and Harry was brilliant too. Jack Silvagni is the little engine that could. Pitto came back well.

Now we have Cerra and Martin to come back in and another VFL game will allow us to audition for any spots that might open up. Life is good.

Reply #2
🥳🥳🥳
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #4
Great interview performance by Weiters. Boy has he gained some confidence and poise! Great to see.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5
So many firsts but the most impressive thing was through adversity, to a man/woman at the club, they rose.
That horror patch in the last was tough to watch, but the dig deep and settled, impressive.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6
In the words of Mick Jagger on 'Get Yer Ya Yas  Out' .....'Charlie's Good Tonight!'

Reply #8
Lochie O'Brien's best game for the club? I can't think of another.

Reply #9
Not sure what to say. Think I’m a bit shell shocked tbh.

Was at the game and rode the roller coaster that was.

The accurate kicking and handballing  - in the main, went to crap a few times - was so nice to watch. The fumbles were weird and seemed to coincide with Omac going off…

Great win - Carlton’s biggest thing has always been not being able to withstand real pressure. We succeeded on that front tonight 👏🏽

Reply #10
It’s been a long while that I’ve felt this buoyant about the club. I know it’s early days, but I think we’ll be playing finals this year, injuries permitting.

Reply #11
We still have a way to go because I thought we'd bottle it, but luckily the bulldogs can't kick straight.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #12
Lochie O'Brien's best game for the club? I can't think of another.
Probably was. He wanted it tonight. Setters wasn't bad either. Durdin was great early, but died out of the game when our forward movements started getting scrappy. Same with Owies.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #13
Probably a better way to win for our development with them coming at us in the second half then if they just rolled over.   We still at times looked a little shaky but as opposed to previous years we have a better system to deal with things when the opposition has the momentum and at the end of the day. Last year we would have been over ridden and lost this one by 3-4 goals. Amazing the difference when we are coached by someone who can actually coach and what a few midfield recruits coming in the off season could do. Who would of thought.

Finally how good again was our captain tonight. He’s faster then ever, Is kicking goals and impossible to tackle. The bloke is a machine.  And to think there were those on here who argued why he should have been traded out. 

Omg, Can you Imagine…….

Reply #14
Fantastic performance overall.
The dogs fought back well. Lucky for us they couldn’t kick straight. I thought we looked a bit cooked 4q but had the leadership and composure to hang on. Although a couple of those brain fade kick ins had me feeling nervous.

I was critical last week but Credit to LOB. Aside a late ootf, he played an important role and tidied up his disposal and showed some composure when it counted.

Carlton Mid - Full Strength 🍺
They were super against a quality midfield. Loved George’s switch to tame the Bont when he warmed up.

Kudos to the coaches and players under the duress of CV and a pack of fighting dogs 🐶
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.