Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 - What do you expect from the club? (Read 45978 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 - What do you expect from the club?

Reply #107
I try not to set 'expectations' as they're rarely met. But I will be happy in 2018 if the following occurs:

- One of our key forwards kicks 50+ goals
- One of our small forwards kicks 35+ goals
- We have at least 2 AA reps
- Weitering bounces back from his 2nd Year Blues
- Samo avoids 2nd Year Blues
- We win at least 9 games
- Liam Jones backs up his 2017 finish to the season (if he was one of the AA reps I'd be ecstatic)
- Our green shoots start to sprout

I don't expect us to make finals, but I'd like us to look threatening. If by the end of the season, teams are really starting to fear us again, I'll be very happy.

Reply #108
Hopefully we win 8/9 games and become a side that other teams dread lining up against.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #109
I try not to set 'expectations' as they're rarely met. But I will be happy in 2018 if the following occurs:

- One of our key forwards kicks 50+ goals
- One of our small forwards kicks 35+ goals
- We have at least 2 AA reps
- Weitering bounces back from his 2nd Year Blues
- Samo avoids 2nd Year Blues
- We win at least 9 games
- Liam Jones backs up his 2017 finish to the season (if he was one of the AA reps I'd be ecstatic)
- Our green shoots start to sprout

I don't expect us to make finals, but I'd like us to look threatening. If by the end of the season, teams are really starting to fear us again, I'll be very happy.

That sounds like a team that will easily play finals.

Reply #110
Finals
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #111
Finals

I think we need to be in the finals or knocking on the door, or someone will almost certainly release the hounds!

If we have another year like this year, full of honorable last quarter losses, The Judge, SOS and BB will be well advised to put the armour on because somebody will come for them.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #113
I think we need to be in the finals or knocking on the door, or someone will almost certainly release the hounds!

If we have another year like this year, full of honorable last quarter losses, The Judge, SOS and BB will be well advised to put the armour on because somebody will come for them.

I don't see that happening, at least not next year. If we have another year like 2017, those three are still very safe, even if there is a challenge. My guess, observing at a distance, is that SOS is the most powerful person at the club. He's worked himself into a similar position to Riccuto, except SOS actually does something useful.

Reply #114
I don't see that happening, at least not next year. If we have another year like 2017, those three are still very safe, even if there is a challenge. My guess, observing at a distance, is that SOS is the most powerful person at the club. He's worked himself into a similar position to Riccuto, except SOS actually does something useful.

I think we are more rational than many, when I talk about releasing the hounds it's not myself, but people I know who are far less forgiving and somewhat megalomaniacs.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #115
Okay I do have what to me is a non-negotiable.
The club MUST finish the season considerably better than the previous 2 seasons.

In both of the last 2 seasons the club has floundered in the back half of the season and seen us limp into the off-season.
I expect the club to remain as competitive at the end of the season as at the start. Other clubs can do it, I know we are young, but a few of those lads are starting to get some games against their name now and they need to be able to start seeing a season out.

Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #116

Agree...Bolton will be the fall guy if the SOS drafting program fails.....SOS has a buddy in the Prez and being a hero of the club will give him some bambi credits..
re: Riccuito ...will be the mayor of Adelaide if they win the flag, if they feck up again he will look for a few soft targets to blame...

Reply #117
Gibbs and Docherty omissions will impact negatively on the team’s performance.
I think we'll finish up pretty much as we did this year in the last 3.
Spoon will be decided between Roos, Suns and Blues, we may win 1or 2 more but other teams will improve too.
But it should be the last of the seasons with poor wins withe the great new talent meshing nicely.
Also the pot of gold come draft time will be worth the pain.
I hope I’m proved wrong and surprised with more wins but a little too early 2020 will be our year

Reply #118
Okay I do have what to me is a non-negotiable.
The club MUST finish the season considerably better than the previous 2 seasons.

In both of the last 2 seasons the club has floundered in the back half of the season and seen us limp into the off-season.
I expect the club to remain as competitive at the end of the season as at the start. Other clubs can do it, I know we are young, but a few of those lads are starting to get some games against their name now and they need to be able to start seeing a season out.

I would agree finishing higher is a mandatory requirement but losing Gibbs and Docherty probably gives the football dept an out clause if that doesnt happen.....not sure we can kick enough goals
to win significantly more games..
Our drafting was more future based and I think the trade period was handy but may struggle to cover both Gibbs and Docherty..I'm not sold on players like Dow/Obrien  being walk up impact players..

Reply #119
Agree...Bolton will be the fall guy if the SOS drafting program fails.....SOS has a buddy in the Prez and being a hero of the club will give him some bambi credits..
re: Riccuito ...will be the mayor of Adelaide if they win the flag, if they feck up again he will look for a few soft targets to blame...

Yes, not only is he good mates with the Judge, he also has one current and possibly one future spy in the dressing room, and a premiership team mate and fellow defender is the Head Of Football. And as you say, being a club legend doesn't hurt.

Nice work if you can get it.