Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 4 2024 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 2679 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 4 2024 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Fremantle

All ready for tomorrow.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 4 2024 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #1
I am too old to be a Blues supporter. Very bad for my heart!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2
Found the right spot on the Monopoly Board and got the "get out of jail free" card. Nice to be able to win in any difficult circumstance.

Reply #3
The belief this group has, provides a massive advantage

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #4
I am too old to be a Blues supporter. Very bad for my heart!

If you survived last years finals, you'll be ok.

Reply #5
I just about blew a gasket. CARNA BLUE BAGGERS!!!!!

Reply #6
Fog will get suspended but he could have hospitalized Fyfe, he kept his spoil lower than it could have been...
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #7
Fog will get suspended but he could have hospitalized Fyfe, he kept his spoil lower than it could have been...

Fog will go and can't really argue much to save himself.

Having said that, i had the thought watching the replay of that which i don't know if the AFL has thought through.

Players are supposed to have duty of care and not hurt their opposition. So if Fog watches the ball and jumps at it and takes fyfes head off, he can be suspended due to lack of duty of care.
If Fog doesn't want to do that, takes his eye off the ball to see where Fyfe is and makes contact, he gets done for taking his eyes off the ball.
He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
What do the AFL want him to do??

Now, of course how he went about it was wrong, but if instead of extending his arm, he did what peter wright did and tried to take a chest mark while watching the ball....would it have mattered?

Reply #8
Finding different ways to win in different situations. They're the signs that warm the heart. Albeit following 7/8 heart stoppers 🥵
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #9
It will be interesting to see if other sides adopt some of the smothering/stifling tactics against us that Freo employed today.
It will be interesting to see if other sides are capable of it. ;)  :D

They worked harder and wanted it more...but in the end they lost.
I suspect they will be seething.
Should be a tough game next time we play them.

The umpiring evened itself out in the end so we shouldn't dwell too much on that.

Reply #10
Dunno what to make of that other than the "never say die" attitude the team. Credit to them. If I had to put my life in the hands of a Carlton player to kick a goal to save, I reckon Cotters would be the one.
TDK was terrible early but then got going late in the first qtr and I reckon (to my eye at least) he kept us in it.
Some very flat looking players out there today, Freo going 1 on 1 didn't suit us and we didn't cope. Having said that, we didn't get blown out of the water and hung in there an won. 4 pts is 4 pts I guess.
Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
Just alot of character and experience now.

Reply #12
It will be interesting to see if other sides adopt some of the smothering/stifling tactics against us that Freo employed today.
It will be interesting to see if other sides are capable of it. ;)  :D

They worked harder and wanted it more...but in the end they lost.
I suspect they will be seething.
Should be a tough game next time we play them.

The umpiring evened itself out in the end so we shouldn't dwell too much on that.

If Freo couldn't do it, i'm not sure if any other team can......but let them try.

Reply #13
If Walsh played we would have smashed them. He was the missing ingredient today.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #14
Got smashed at the clearances and thought our stoppage work was very average.....Jackson vs TDK was probably a draw.
We never paid much attention to Brayshaw and Clark who I thought were damaging but I felt our forward line with Charlie and the very handy Matt's ..Cottrell and Kennedy took their chances unlike Freo whose tall forwards were well beaten and didnt disappoint me in terms of being the spuds I thought they were.
Freo play a stifling crap brand imo and make it a grind and low scoring affair playing keepings off and hoping to wear you down.
Thought it was a good win given we didnt play well but did the big moments better than they did.
Fogarty will probably get a months holiday for his hit on Fyfe but with Walsh, Martin and Motlop due back it wont affect us too much and Id expect a better result vs the Crows in the next game. Fantasia didnt do a lot and either did Durdin but the latter's tackle work was good and with Fogarty missing I think Durdin might retain a spot in the 23.