CARLTON

B: Lachie Plowman, Jacob Weitering, Kade Simpson

HB: Sam Docherty, Liam Jones, Nic Newman

C: Will Setterfield, Patrick Cripps, Sam Walsh

HF: Charlie Curnow, Levi Casboult, Sam Petrevski-Seton

F: Jack Silvagni, Harry McKay, Eddie Betts

FOLL: Matthew Kreuzer, Marc Murphy, Ed Curnow

I/C: Zac Fisher, Mitch McGovern, Michael Gibbons, Caleb Marchbank

A few names NOT featured......Kennedy, Dow, O’Brien, Stocker.

Despite the fact that it’s a Fox Footy product, I think that’s pretty close to our best 22 for round 1 of next season.  The only changes I would make are Samo to HBF, Gibbo to HFF and Simmo to the bench.

It will be good to see Kennedy, Dow, O’Brien, Stocker, Cuningham, Polson, De Koning and Pittonet putting pressure on for a spot in the 22.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: Best 22 so far

Reply #16
No Martin?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
No Martin?

We don’t have him yet and, on 2019 form, he’s not in our best 22.

The best I’m hoping for, if we do get him, is that he joins with Kennedy, Dow, O’Brien, Stocker, De Koning, Pittonet and others in putting selection pressure on those in the 22.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #18
We don’t have him yet and, on 2019 form, he’s not in our best 22.

The best I’m hoping for, if we do get him, is that he joins with Kennedy, Dow, O’Brien, Stocker, De Koning, Pittonet and others in putting selection pressure on those in the 22.
His manager sounded quietly determined to get him to our club, would be disappointing to get him and for him not to be in our best 22.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #19
His manager sounded quietly determined to get him to our club, would be disappointing to get him and for him not to be in our best 22.

True, but on current form he isn’t in Gold Coast’s best 22.  Hopefully, a change of scenery and a bit of mentoring from Eddie and he’ll be a different player.

Reply #20
True, but on current form he isn’t in Gold Coast’s best 22.  Hopefully, a change of scenery and a bit of mentoring from Eddie and he’ll be a different player.

Players do get dropped for reasons other than form you realise?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #21
Players do get dropped for reasons other than form you realise?

From the AFL website:

Martin's departure had looked inevitable after form and injury issues restricted him to just 16 games in 2019, with the midfielder dropped for the Suns' round 21 game and failing to return before season's end.

He was linked to Essendon last year but Gold Coast was unwilling to let him go, given the departures of Tom Lynch and Steven May, and held him to his contract.

Martin, from Western Australia, was recruited with the first pick overall in the 2012 mini-draft but has largely failed to meet high expectations since his debut in 2014.

While he finished third in the Suns' best and fairest award in both 2016 and 2017, Martin received just one Brownlow Medal vote across his first 81 games.

He did play some good footy in 2019 but put in some shockers too.

Reply #22
I have 2 forward spots to fill and 3 players to choose from, Kennedy, Fisher and Cunningham, who misses out?!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #23
I have 2 forward spots to fill and 3 players to choose from, Kennedy, Fisher and Cunningham, who misses out?!

I think that's a good sign Amers.  No-one is gifted a spot, and everyone has to be capable of filling several roles, as Hawthorn demonstrated when they were dominant.

Reply #24
Too hard! Getting too much depth to make me think.

Reply #25
I will wait till after the preseason.

How fit will Marchbank or Charlie be? Will Dow get over his second year blues? Who are we going to pick up?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #26
Will Docherty make Christmas?   Will McG come back fat as Wilbur the pig?   Will Willos back let him return?

Yep,  wait until the PS games start.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #27
Will Docherty make Christmas?   Will McG come back fat as Wilbur the pig?   Will Willos back let him return?

Yep,  wait until the PS games start.

Apparently the Gov is whippet-like  :)

Reply #28
I'll believe that when i see it

Reply #29
time to bring this sucker back to life.

i'm going to assume everyone is fit by round 1, including Charlie, but it's probably unlikely for him, but good news for someone like Kennedy.

also going to try and list our best depth players across each major line.

have intentionally left out our 1st year draftees, as they (finally) should not be needed, except for maybe a taste.

backs

B:         Plowman,     Weitering,     Simpson
HB:       Docherty,      Jones,         Newman

depth : Goddard (tall), Stocker (small), Marchbank (versatile) 

forwards

HF:       C Curnow,    McGovern,     Martin
F:         J Silvagni,     McKay,          Betts

depth : Kennedy (tall fwd mid), Gibbo (small fwd mid) , Cuningham (small fwd mid)

midfielders

C:         Newnes,         Cripps,        Walsh
FOLL:    Kreuzer,        Murphy,        E Curnow

depth : Pittonet (ruck), Dow (inside mid), LO'B (outside mid)

interchange     

SPS (mid/hbf/hff),   Fisher (mid/hff),    Casboult (ruck/chb/chf),  Setterfield (utility)

developing

TDK - must be getting close now.
Williamson - i have no doubt about his talent, just his injury issues.
Owies - more vfl required - but might be useful for us pretty soon.
Macreadie - could be on the bottom list by the end of 2020 if he doesn't show much.
BSOS - lots of development to go.
Finbar - as above.
Cottrell - as above.

last chance saloon

Lang - had his chance, hasn't really done much.
Polson  - as above.