Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Possibilities: 2019 AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 5933 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Possibilities: 2019 AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #16
CARLTON
B: Nic Newman, Lachie Plowman, Dale Thomas
HB: Will Setterfield, Jacob Weitering, Kade Simpson
C: Marc Murphy, Patrick Cripps, Lochie O'Brien
HF: Levi Casboult, Harry McKay, Jack Silvagni
F: Zac Fisher, Matthew Kennedy, Mitch McGovern
R: Matthew Kreuzer, Ed Curnow, Sam Walsh
Int: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Paddy Dow, Josh Deluca, Michael Gibbons

Emg: Hugh Goddard, Andrew Phillips, Alex Fasolo, Darcy Lang

IN: Matthew Kennedy, Paddy Dow
OUT: Liam Jones (Injured), Darcy Lang (Omitted)

Fish lucky to be in this week. He has not had a great year.

ST KILDA
B: Shane Savage, Nathan Brown, Ben Paton
HB: Jack Newnes, Jake Carlisle, Hunter Clark
C: Jack Billings, Sebastian Ross, Dan Hannebery
HF: Nick Hind, Josh Bruce, Jack Steele
F: Jack Lonie, Tim Membrey, Ben Long
R: Rowan Marshall, Jack Sinclair, Blake Acres
Int: Jack Steven, Luke Dunstan, Josh Battle, Callum Wilkie

EMG Ed Phillips, Bailey Rice, Doulton Langlands, Sam Rowe

IN: Nathan Brown
OUT: Nick Coffield (Injured)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #17
We will miss Jones. A couple of seasons back I could not conceive of writing such a thing, but he is one of the best defenders in the competition.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #18
The umpires love The Aints, I heard on a podcast they get 50% more free kicks than Carlton when we go head to head, and their midfield usually has a day out despite Cripps dominating!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19
The umpires love The Aints, I heard on a podcast they get 50% more free kicks than Carlton when we go head to head, and their midfield usually has a day out despite Cripps dominating!

Shame Stevens and Hannebery are fit and playing...the former usually dines out on us.

Reply #20
Shame Stevens and Hannebery are fit and playing...the former usually dines out on us.

Yes, if not for the coaching announcement this game would be a big test to see if we have a solution to dealing with teams that have us for leg speed.

But there is no point in winning now so I expect us to tank, a sad milestone game for Cripps and Daisy but that is the lot of a professional sportsperson. (I know the Crows, but there is more to tanking than a draft pick!)

Ratten will still be motivated, maybe even vindictive!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
Any chance McGovern plays back this week on someone like Membrey with Weitering on Bruce? Casboult is too important around the ground and as backup ruckman for mine to play as a permanent defender.

Reply #22
I think part of the reason the players have been up lately is the uncertainty surrounding Teague and the coaching job. I think they've been playing a little on edge as a result. With the coaching appointment now finalised, I expect the players will be a little more relaxed and may play with a little less intensity.

Saints by 4 goals.

Reply #23
Any chance McGovern plays back this week on someone like Membrey with Weitering on Bruce? Casboult is too important around the ground and as backup ruckman for mine to play as a permanent defender.

Thought McGovern was reasonable down forward last week so I'd be loathe to send him down back, Membrey is a slippery operator
and might get the lock down type of defender like Plowman for company.
Marshall is a big strong unit for a kid and been playing well, think the Bolt might get his fair share of ruck work to help MK....

Reply #24
I think part of the reason the players have been up lately is the uncertainty surrounding Teague and the coaching job. I think they've been playing a little on edge as a result. With the coaching appointment now finalised, I expect the players will be a little more relaxed and may play with a little less intensity.

Saints by 4 goals.

Wouldn't have expected any other call from you Paul- maybe a bigger margin.  ;)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #25

Saints by 4 goals.

I think our blokes will be keen but its really the same deal at the Saints with Ratten doing a Teague and the Stkilda players will be
keen to win for their coach and secure him the job. I tend to agree with the let down theory though and it will be a test for DT to get our blokes up
and its important for him to win this game and keep the momentum going. Blues by 5 points but this could go either way...

Reply #26
If we lose this then we are pretty much back to where we were when Bolton was sacked.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #27
We definitely and badly want to win this one for sure but in the light of DT's confirmation the pressure dial has been turned down a smidge. I anticipate a strong  performance though and would be very disappointed if we don't produce one.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #28

Saints by 4 goals.

Predictable.

Regardless of how many are aboard the Teague Train, its Crippas 100th and daisys final home game. Thats enough reasons for the boys to get up.

Reply #29
We should win.  I believe we will.