Skip to main content
Topic: Round 9 Carlton v Sydney-In Game Thread (Read 46654 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 9 Carlton v Sydney-In Game Thread

Reply #90
Second half, just tell the players to run and take it on. If we get pumped so be it. We just have to learn how to get that aspect of our game going again. Haven't seen it since Round 23 last year.
Lots of frees missed for us, mute button ON

Reply #91
Ling is an arse!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #92
Commentators r even more insidious now...they completely gloss over umpires now. ...not critical just Endorsement of all umpires decisions and non decisions....

I dont even think they are allowed to question the umps.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #93
Pretty clear why people boo Goodes. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #94
Hard to do against Sydney on that narrow ground - run that is.  And I also don't think they have the fitness to sustain a running game.

I had issues with Ratten as a coach but since he left our run has vanished.  And the fitness that went with it.

Run and flair has been completely lost under Mick. Just have to do it and "re-learn" it again. Not easy.

Reply #95
Fox having a crack over Goodes and his war dance.  Thank God for Goodes, no one will be talking about Carlton and its crisis this week. 

Reply #96
We have no outside runners and no forwards. Good on the inside, esp. Cripps.

Our basic skill level is atrocious.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #99
Run and flair has been completely lost under Mick. Just have to do it and "re-learn" it again. Not easy.

Yes it has.  There's not much pace in the side either.  Yarran.  Menzel.  Who else?  Armfield? 

Reply #100
Booing Goodes is stupid... the footy media are going to overlook the obvious and accuse Carlton supporters of being racist.  The last thing this club needs right now.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #101
Happy with the effort I think we are really trying, umpires are frustrating and swans a bit cleaner, frustrating to watch G Laidler >:(

Reply #102

Tutt tries but fork me he is awful. With Casboult and Henderson playing so poorly and Jones just being a spud we have no chance even when we do get it forward.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #103
The umpires have given us nothing but we're getting spanked anyway, Sydney are just too slick and have some forwards.
Cripps is a real talent and I've been pleased with Graham, Simmo probably our best so far.
Curnow is sloppy and Bell's made some uncharacteristic mistakes, Jones is beyond bad, it's time we cut our losses with him.
Probably about a 12 or 14 goal loss coming up, which is about what most of us would have expected against a top side missing our three best players.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #104

I agree cookie. perfect summary.