Skip to main content
Topic: Round 9 Carlton v Sydney-In Game Thread (Read 46655 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 9 Carlton v Sydney-In Game Thread

Reply #120
Nick Graham needs to greatly improve his core strength because he gets knocked of the ball far too easily. 

Agree, but there's definitely something there to work with. It may just be a focus thing.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #121
What Graham has done is good but nowhere near enough of it.

He gets dropped too often to gain enough self confidence and belief IMO.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #122
But it is good fun to boo our Juddy?

I'll never understand booing Judd. Unless it was for that chicken wing thing he did on North.

The pointless thing about booing Goodes is he's pretty much irrelevant these days. Faded. That dance thing he did tonight was complete w@nk though. If he comes out and says it is for some racist fan I'd be skeptical.

Reply #123
good summary Rowe is doing OK

He is indeed, our only contributor over 6'3".
Jamison and Kreuzer would help a bit but until we get some quality big blokes we won't be going anywhere.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #124
What Graham has done is good but nowhere near enough of it.

He could do more, but to be fair the guy never gets a chance to get used to the speed of AFL.  He's been good around the ball, but has mentioned above has been a scragged as well.  Interesting to see if he goes missing in the second half.

Reply #125
The problem is probably to do with all of our forwards being sucked out into the midfield and backline to try to help out and then when we get it forward you've got Levi one on 4.

Mick would drop him after a game like that BTW.

We need to find ways of keeping the play in our F50. God knows how ATM, our pressure there is poor and the Swans get it out so easily. On the other hand we have to work like Trojans to get it past our HB line.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #126
Sack Barker, he put Henderson down back and we looked solid in the second half of the first quarter, then he goes back forward in the second quarter as we get sweet FA. Henderson is not a forward.

Tutt looks scared to bend down, we got rid of Garlett for the same thing. Carrazzo looks old.

Cripps and Simpson playing well Rowe doing his best.

Menzel, Yarran again doing an impression of invisible men.

With Yarran, first let me say how much I love watching Chris play, my son asked me for a number and he got 13 on his jumper, but FFS Yazz use your pace. It seems that when ever another team has quick players he won't take the game on.

Graham ok, but nothing different to any of his games so far, get some possies but doesn't hurt the opposition with them.

Reply #127
We have no outside runners and no forwards. Good on the inside, esp. Cripps.

Our basic skill level is atrocious.

No outside run is killing us. With run skill level improves alot due to space created. Makes being a forward very tough without run and carry.

Reply #128
Mick Martin must love seeing Liam Jones out there knowing he's now not the worst Carlton recruit.

Reply #129
Wood flukey goal, but we'll take it.

Reply #130
The swines don't pick up the ball, they feel the tackle and sort of throw/flip the ball out in front, normally to their supreme advantage....
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #131
Wood held at every single ruck contest, but the guide dogs are asleep... on the few occasions he wins a knock out we look dangerous.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #132
Mcavaney just left a white smear in his pants over Buddy's goal.

Reply #133
Just shows the commentators don't  have any idea or choose to ignore that we are number 1 for clearances in the AFL.. why do they sound so surprised?

Reply #134
Another nice build up. good mark by Cripps. Goal.