Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game 2021 AFL Rnd 1: Richmond vs Carlton. (Read 14735 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game 2021 AFL Rnd 1: Richmond vs Carlton.

Reply #15
It's a tough one. The home side does deserve favouratism re ticketing, but I would have thought 3/4 to 1/4 might be fairer... even 80/20! But 1-2%  :o  is absurd.
This is bloody lop sided if you ask me, 170,000 odd competing club members need to share 27,500? Fark orf.
I get the covid restrictions but FMD!

"But for the MCG, of the 50,000 tickets available, 11,000 will go to MCC members, 10,000 to AFL members and about 500 to corporates. In all, the AFL says about 27,500 will be available to members of Richmond and Carlton in Round 1"
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
So far I'm not feeling very keen on fronting up to live games - bunfights seem to be the order of the day! Kayo, the couch, a couple of gourmet pies and a bottle of red look far more attractive.  :))
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
So far I'm not feeling very keen on fronting up to live games - bunfights seem to be the order of the day! Kayo, the couch, a couple of gourmet pies and a bottle of red look far more attractive.  :))

That does sound pretty good.

Reply #18

The good old days, a hot four 'n twenty, vinegar chips, a sixpack, mates

Reply #19
And a hot jam donut on the way home.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #20

I think its more about the option.

No point paying $100's for a membership that doesn't get you any games.

Or.....thanks for your membership where you couldn't go to any games, have a free membership this year.....while we also increase the price....and you still don't get to go to any games.

:o

Reply #21
Yep, and all this other shizen going on around the globe has months and months to run yet, the UK are warning people to stay home and safe until Spring 2022. It's Chooklotto going to somewhere there is a big crowd, especially if you are over 50!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22
 Go to the VFL, it's still the same, the Hill at Frankston hasn't changed for 5 decades, and now they have massive lights for night footy!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
It's a tough one. The home side does deserve favouratism re ticketing, but I would have thought 3/4 to 1/4 might be fairer... even 80/20! But 1-2%  :o  is absurd.

Would we be complaining if it was our home game?

I think that clubs have to look after their members first ... and the one-sided crowd will help the home team.  I just hope they don’t change the formula for our home games.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #24
The Tigers are a pretty well oiled machine, so they should win, even with Williams playing. But he's almost certainly not playing, which should help their cause. Apart from a long term injury to Soldo, Houli and Prestia looking unlikely for this game.

Tigers by 4 goals.

Reply #25
The Tigers are a pretty well oiled machine, so they should win, even with Williams playing. But he's almost certainly not playing, which should help their cause. Apart from a long term injury to Soldo, Houli and Prestia looking unlikely for this game.

Tigers by 4 goals.
Some talk Prestia might be ready to play, I think if we lose to Richmond by 4 goals that wont be seen as a great start to the season.
Thats just more of the same from previous years, we need to break this stranglehold they have over us and win the game. Starting with a loss just puts pressure back on the coach and is the first nail in his coffin IMHO.
At best a loss by a goal or less might be seen as progress but a 4-5 goal loss is a decent defeat and I cant see the rank and file accepting that result at all.

Reply #26
Some talk Prestia might be ready to play, I think if we lose to Richmond by 4 goals that wont be seen as a great start to the season.
Thats just more of the same from previous years, we need to break this stranglehold they have over us and win the game. Starting with a loss just puts pressure back on the coach and is the first nail in his coffin IMHO.
At best a loss by a goal or less might be seen as progress but a 4-5 goal loss is a decent defeat and I cant see the rank and file accepting that result at all.

The only things I can see upsetting the Tigers applecart is premiership hangover and / or issues around Hardwick's marriage breakdown. 3 of the last 4, and near full strength. Our list is starting to come together. Teague at this point has a W/L of 46% (46.43 for the pernickety ones) so we've still a way to go and we're not out of the woods yet IMO. I just try and face facts and base my opinions on that. Of course, supporters will have this or that demand, expectation etc., but that is a matter for them.

What's your hit prediction for this game brother Elwood ?

Reply #27
Thats just more of the same from previous years
, we need to break this stranglehold they have over us and win the game. Starting with a loss just puts pressure back on the coach and is the first nail in his coffin IMHO.

Deja vu, ground hog day, whatever you want to call it. There was a bit to like the other night, there was also a bit of same old same old. Cameos from too many not so young anymore ones who refuse to step up. What worried me most was how shaky the defence looked. A rock last year, was a shambles the other night, lost at sea against a side who play similar to Richmond only quicker. Richmond looked like they took over from where they left off last year. Gonna be a rough start to the year me thinks, injuries and a suspension to Zac W won't help our cause at all. We still let runs of goals happen without the leaders on field doing anything about it. We shall see in 12 or so days.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #28
  We have got on board some excellent new talent that can come into the team but we don't yet look like a settled, hardened professional outfit with the poise and consistency to win games on a regular basis and to avoid those lapses and fade outs that cost games and cause the heartbreaks. I know it's early days, we've only seen practice games.

Hopefully that changes early on in the real stuff and we don't eventually get demoralised by losing games we could have/should have won, as we have so often in past years. I'm excited by the new, but not very confident that we can yet beat such a hard professional outfit as the Tigers. We'll have to show a lot more poise and maturity, as well as talent and skills than we have so far imo. However, fingers crossed, and that's about as optimistic as I can be at the moment.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #29
Can't see a win at all.  Might keep 'em to <20.  Basing all that on not being able to field our best team.   That team in any event does NOT include SPS