Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 18: Post Game Pandemonium: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 25814 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 18: Post Game Pandemonium: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #15
Gee, just like old times in the media. Lions win cellar-dweller. That just hurts.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #16
It's been said but young and inexperienced sides won't win many games unless the senior players stand up and today ours didn't, except maybe Kreuzer.
Murphy plugged away and Docherty got going a bit in the second half but Simpson, Thomas and Gibbs had days they'd rather forget, Simpson was responsible for probably the two worst turnovers of the day.
McKay showed enough, Silvagni doesn't look comfortable in defence, Petrevski-Seton, Fisher, Cunningham, Williamson and Macredie were all ok.
Charlie Curnow was about our best, he's a seriously good player.
No use crying about it, reload for next week and keep faith in our youngsters.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #17
Alastair Clarkson won 14 games in his first two years

Bolton so far has won 12 may end up with 14 wins with a worse list.

I expect 10-12 wins next year.. this was always a development year and have a chance of getting 1-2 more rising star nominations.

But we need depth when we lose players like Curnow and Cripps...

This is true, but he won 5 games in 05, then 9 in 06. We won 7 last year, and we won't reach that this year - Geelong, Ess, West Coast, Hawks, Swans left to play. We may end up with the spoon.

Reply #18

I expect 10-12 wins next year.. this was always a development year and have a chance of getting 1-2 more rising star nominations.

I guess that because BB comes from the Clarkson camp that comparisons are inevitable... but if they are we should note that Clarkson coached 5 wins in his first season and 9 in his second (including winning their last 4 games). A year later they were a contender and a year after that they won a premiership. The BB graph looks nothing like Clarkson's first two seasons.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #19
Didn't see the game but from what I can gather:

- we were outcoached?
- we weren't 'switched on' at the start of an interstate game?
- our leaders went MIA when we needed them most?
- we failed to kick more than 100 points?
- we're now a chance for the wooden spoon?

You shut up.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #20
It's been said but young and inexperienced sides won't win many games unless the senior players stand up and today ours didn't, except maybe Kreuzer.
Murphy plugged away and Docherty got going a bit in the second half but Simpson, Thomas and Gibbs had days they'd rather forget, Simpson was responsible for probably the two worst turnovers of the day.
McKay showed enough, Silvagni doesn't look comfortable in defence, Petrevski-Seton, Fisher, Cunningham, Williamson and Macredie were all ok.
Charlie Curnow was about our best, he's a seriously good player.
No use crying about it, reload for next week and keep faith in our youngsters.

Took the words right out of my mouth ... so I'll just keep quiet  ;)

I was pleased with Harry's debut, Bolton's decision to play Silvagni in defence and Fisher and Samo's development. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #21

Gee that's the most cheerful thing I've come across today.
Thanks pinot ;)
I must read this again later, when my hearts back in my chest..

If this loss, as some suggest, is any sort of strategy by the club, I'm simply not up to it. I need to cry now  :'(
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #22
Seems that when Simmo plays up the ground his foot skills are as unreliable as our poorer foot users in the team.

Couple of horrible turnovers late today left me shaking my head as some were easy 25 metre hit ups.

When your senior players do that, its very hard for the kids to believe we can win. 

Reply #23
Seems that when Simmo plays up the ground his foot skills are as unreliable as our poorer foot users in the team.

Couple of horrible turnovers late today left me shaking my head as some where easy 25 metre hit ups.

When your senior players do that very hard for the kids to believe we can win

Noticed similar Shawny , his skill set is starting to look suspect , heart of the team no doubt, will be an interesting conversation in a few weeks

Reply #24
Just finished watching recorded game, that was a joke surely, they were taking the pi55 in the first half, seriously disappointed with that lack of effort, we are still miles off...oh and if I get a chance, I'd luv to belt Rhys Mathieson, he is a germ of the highest order, and the men in green continue to reward him for his parasitic diving...not someone I'd like in my team????????

Reply #25
I didn't see a single minute. I hope I never do.
We haven't beaten them last year or this. It is almost as much as an embarrassment as the VFL side yesterday.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #26
I was almost going to go, glad sanity hit & I didn't , but lots to like collectively as a group, lots of young talent on display

Reply #27
Let's give some credit to Brisbane...they played well, they had some organisation, they kept it moving quickly...when they're on they are on; they looked this good against the Dockers at home too.
The umpires need to wake up over Mathieson and his weak knees in a tackle. That first free gifted them a goal...Cunningham's(?) tackle was under his armpits the whole time. Mathieson is a squib that will increasingly draw derision

Reply #28
Just finished watching recorded game, that was a joke surely, they were taking the pi55 in the first half, seriously disappointed with that lack of effort, we are still miles off...oh and if I get a chance, I'd luv to belt Rhys Mathieson, he is a germ of the highest order, and the men in green continue to reward him for his parasitic diving...not someone I'd like in my team????????

Agree about Mathieson, real grub, up there with Matthew LLoyd and Lindsay Thomas for an acting award as well.
 Zorko is another who needs some close attention...thought Samo did a good job on him late .

Reply #29
Give Brisbane credit? They were the worst team in the comp until today.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!