Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Possibilities: 2019 AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 5931 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre Game Possibilities: 2019 AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda

This is an important game for us to win. I really want to win this. In theory we can do it, even with our injury issues. I want it badly, especially after our recent games.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre Game Possibilities: 2019 AFL Rd 22: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #1
Hope the boys play with heart and soul for their courageous co-captain.

Congratulations Crippa. It's been a privilege witnessing your journey to 100 games.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #2
Hope the boys play with heart and soul for their courageous co-captain.

Congratulations Crippa. It's been a privilege witnessing your journey to 100 games.

Go Blues
Indeed. We usually stuff up milestone games. here is our chance to right that particular wrong.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
For the most part Crash yep but was it Simmo's 250th....came from behind late to knock Port over?

We've had trouble with St Kilda over recent years....for some reason it always seems like a game we should/could win but never do. Jones is a big out for us but hopefully Goddard gets another chance. I'd get Stocker back in there for this week against their dangerous small forwards.

Reply #4
A must win, pull out all stops on and off field!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5
A winnable game but we must stop this non-nonsensical team selection debacle. Lang has to be dropped. This is a no-brainer. I'd also give Deluca the chop and Fisher (can't believe I'm saying this) has been abysmal so he should go as well. Think it's time Stocker comes in. Kennedy should not have been dropped ahead of Lang in the first place so he should come back. Dow did enough for me last week in the two's to get a recall. He couldn't go any worse than the lot I've mentioned. Hell I'd even give Polson a run. Levi to go back to cover for Jones. Let's just win this one. Can't believe we keep losing to this lot. It's time we reversed the trend.

Reply #6
A winnable game but we must stop this non-nonsensical team selection debacle. Lang has to be dropped. This is a no-brainer. I'd also give Deluca the chop and Fisher (can't believe I'm saying this) has been abysmal so he should go as well. Think it's time Stocker comes in. Kennedy should not have been dropped ahead of Lang in the first place so he should come back. Dow did enough for me last week in the two's to get a recall. He couldn't go any worse than the lot I've mentioned. Hell I'd even give Polson a run. Levi to go back to cover for Jones. Let's just win this one. Can't believe we keep losing to this lot. It's time we reversed the trend.

Pretty much agree with that Rocky apart from.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #7

'Run', is about all he seems to do because he doesn't seem to get many possessions. Unfortunately he doesn't seem fast enough to counteract the fact that he isn't very tall or strong.

Reply #8
'Run', is about all he seems to do because he doesn't seem to get many possessions. Unfortunately he doesn't seem fast enough to counteract the fact that he isn't very tall or strong.

Turn over merchant, does a couple of good things but then gets in the negative on the stat sheet with some woeful disposal, how him and Lebois got extra years on their contracts
defies logic....

Reply #9
Given what Teague has brought to the club, and how he likes his players to play, i'm actually surprised he hasn't given Polson a run.

Similar to Jack, he gives effort. He doesn't impact games, but he tries and tries.
I'd prefer to play him over someone like Lang who is getting half as many touches as what Polson would, but doesn't apply any defensive pressure.

Reply #10
Given what Teague has brought to the club, and how he likes his players to play, i'm actually surprised he hasn't given Polson a run.

Similar to Jack, he gives effort. He doesn't impact games, but he tries and tries.
I'd prefer to play him over someone like Lang who is getting half as many touches as what Polson would, but doesn't apply any defensive pressure.

Kruddler I actually think that getting a game now is a poisoned chalice.

We dropped Kennedy last week probably because he's done enough.

If you're "one of those" players, playing afl now might be a do or die sort of game.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
For the most part Crash yep but was it Simmo's 250th....came from behind late to knock Port over?

We've had trouble with St Kilda over recent years....for some reason it always seems like a game we should/could win but never do. Jones is a big out for us but hopefully Goddard gets another chance. I'd get Stocker back in there for this week against their dangerous small forwards.

I remember it well.
Big Kruez kicked the winning goal as I recall.
Bryce Gibbs and Simmo were lying on the ground embracing. Very emotional moment for Simmo and our club's history.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #12
Dow and Kennedy in for Jones (injured) and Lang (dropped)

Reply #14
I remember it well.
Big Kruez kicked the winning goal as I recall.
Bryce Gibbs and Simmo were lying on the ground embracing. Very emotional moment for Simmo and our club's history.

Kreuz kicked 3 in the wet to get us over the line. Best ever game as a forward.