Skip to main content
Topic: RD 16 : Blues Smack Saints (Aftermatch Review) (Read 75750 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 16 : Blues Smack Saints (Aftermatch Review)

Reply #45
Heard that Sticks came out in the pre match and defended our list. Seriously, is he for real ? Confirms what a lot of us are thinking about him and his board!

Should he do a Collo and come out and say they are shizen? Even if he did believe that, what good could it possibly achieve?

He shouldn't comment at all.
BT and Darcy mocked his comments after they were reported, so ridiculous are they.

For all the criticism he gets, Sticks is pretty good at damage control and that's all he would have been doing here. Gets a bit of a bum wrap really.

What did he say that ended up being mocked?

Reply #46
What he says publicly and and privately could well be two different things. like any politician putting a positive spin on things.

Reply #47
Heard that Sticks came out in the pre match and defended our list. Seriously, is he for real ? Confirms what a lot of us are thinking about him and his board!

Should he do a Collo and come out and say they are shizen? Even if he did believe that, what good could it possibly achieve?

BT and Darcy mocked his comments after they were reported, so ridiculous are they.

For all the criticism he gets, Sticks is pretty good at damage control and that's all he would have been doing here. Gets a bit of a bum wrap really.

What did he say that ended up being mocked?

Defended our list saying its pretty good. He talked about all the 1st Round Draft Picks we ve got and how there's still scope for improvement from those guys.
That was what the 7 guys mocked saying  'Íd think they re list is their BIGGEST weakness. 'Yeah they might have those guys, but the list falls away badly after that'
I the BT and Darcy, but I had to agree with them on that.

Reply #48
What he says publicly and and privately could well be two different things. like any politician putting a positive spin on things.

Good point, he has to say positive things given he is the president. Be quite ordinary if he made sweeping statements just prior to a match. 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #49
Defended our list saying its pretty good. He talked about all the 1st Round Draft Picks we ve got and how there's still scope for improvement from those guys.
That was what the 7 guys mocked saying  'Íd think they re list is their BIGGEST weakness. 'Yeah they might have those guys, but the list falls away badly after that'

Was that in response to a question?

Reply #50

Good point, he has to say positive things given he is the president. Be quite ordinary if he made sweeping statements just prior to a match.

He has to say positive things because this weak list was built under his watch with his blessing.

No, he brought it up himself during his Presidents Dinner speech.

Reply #51
Geeze, Watson moved like an Iceberg. Surely gone either this year or next.

Rutten moves like one too.. but everyone has a hard-on for him

I thought Watson had a good game today.

If Tarrant is out next week, he may get another game.

If we can keep hendo forward, all the better

Reply #52

Hang on a sec, don't we all mock the sht out of them for their stupid opinions? I'd be backing our pres any day over those two turkeys.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #53

Should he ignore the elephant in the room? The coach said the list was short 6 players or whatever it was. There has been how many articles about how we have no A-graders and are no good? There's comments that we're going to go backwards next year.

What else should his address been about this week? Just sounds like damage control, letting the faithful (who can be fickle and withdraw their support (money) very quickly) know they;re not panicking and they should stick with us.

Whether it's crap or not, who knows - footy is a political game and crapting on your own players isn't good politics.

Reply #54
Tarrant and Hansen are potential outs so Bomber Watson should have a crack next week.

Reply #55
I'm backing Sticks over BT and Darcy every day of the week... And twice on Sundays!

Reply #56

Should he ignore the elephant in the room? The coach said the list was short 6 players or whatever it was. There has been how many articles about how we have no A-graders and are no good? There's comments that we're going to go backwards next year.

What else should his address been about this week? Just sounds like damage control, letting the faithful (who can be fickle and withdraw their support (money) very quickly) know they;re not panicking and they should stick with us.

Whether it's crap or not, who knows - footy is a political game and crapting on your own players isn't good politics.

Imagine the crap Ratts would've coppednhadne trotted out that line last year. :-\
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #57
Did anyone notice how lacklustre the team song was sung after the game? Didn't look good. I think a big problem with this side is they have too many introverts and not enough that show genuine leadership qualities.

Reply #58
Did anyone notice how lacklustre the team song was sung after the game? Didn't look good. I think a big problem with this side is they have too many introverts and not enough that show genuine leadership qualities.
Or maybe they don't like hearing how $hite they are from their employer  :-\
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #59
Happy with a win, but can not say that at any stage did I think we were going to win it.  Only at the 2.52 mins to go was I thinking we are over the line.  Regardless, I thought there were some good signs.

Hendo man crush continues, and love to see him say forward.
Rowe did well coming in as Hendo's wing man.
Murphy seemed more comfortable with the helmet and attacked the ball with renewed vigour.
Yarran appeared determined to have an influence, and did at times.  (Needs to be more consistent though).
Judd had a much improved game, but you expect champions to bounce back.
Gibbs and Lucas looked better this week, Lucas in particular did some nice stuff.
Kruezer needs to play with a bit more aggression,last night he was ok, but again went unnoticed at times.

Interesting comment by MM on Watson in his presser.  I thought he gave him a wrap, but then sort off suggested he is surplus due to having walker and mcinnes - interesting  ???

Edit. Any news/whispers on why Yarran and Garlett seemed pretty upset with one of the saints players.  Didn't see who it was but they both seemed pretty upset by something?
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........