Skip to main content
Topic: 'Cue In The Rack' or 'Soldier On'  (Read 25442 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 'Cue In The Rack' or 'Soldier On'

Reply #15
If we lose any of the next 3 we put the cue in the rack. Speaking to a Richmond fan at work and he reckons they won't make the 8 now lol.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #16
There's no way I want to see us even consider giving up on this season, no matter how many games we lose or how unlikely it is that we'll play finals.

It simply sends the wrong message to the players and instills a losing mentality. Given we already have so many mental frailties to contend with, the last thing I want to see is us creating more of our own.

We need to be trying to win every game we can regardless of ladder position and we need to finish where we finish in order to get an accurate reflection of where the list is at. If we lose all of those games we'll probably finish about 15th but at least we'll know that we're a bottom four side and rebuild accordingly. If we somehow win all of them, we'll play finals and we'll know that we're not all that far away.

That's the only way we answer the question of whether we need wholesale changes to the list or just some more positional tweaking.

You can't answer that by artificially creating a false environment.

True comment that. Every game should be treated as winnable. No tanking.
There are many candidates who played well below their "potential" last week. I suggest it is not just fair but the Coaches and MC's responsibility to drop any under performing players, including the "specials" and let a hungry kid play who will throw his heart and soul into the next game. And yes, I am saying drop players like Gibbs. 150+ games and saunters around the pitch like an aristocrat. if only he showed a fraction of the endeavour and heart of Judd. F$ucking unbelievable waste of talent. I say drop him and scare the crape out of him.
Keep the Faith

Reply #17
There's no way I want to see us even consider giving up on this season, no matter how many games we lose or how unlikely it is that we'll play finals.

It simply sends the wrong message to the players and instills a losing mentality. Given we already have so many mental frailties to contend with, the last thing I want to see is us creating more of our own.

We need to be trying to win every game we can regardless of ladder position and we need to finish where we finish in order to get an accurate reflection of where the list is at. If we lose all of those games we'll probably finish about 15th but at least we'll know that we're a bottom four side and rebuild accordingly. If we somehow win all of them, we'll play finals and we'll know that we're not all that far away.

That's the only way we answer the question of whether we need wholesale changes to the list or just some more positional tweaking.

You can't answer that by artificially creating a false environment.

True comment that. Every game should be treated as winnable. No tanking.
There are many candidates who played well below their "potential" last week. I suggest it is not just fair but the Coaches and MC's responsibility to drop any under performing players, including the "specials" and let a hungry kid play who will throw his heart and soul into the next game. And yes, I am saying drop players like Gibbs. 150+ games and saunters around the pitch like an aristocrat. if only he showed a fraction of the endeavour and heart of Judd. F$ucking unbelievable waste of talent. I say drop him and scare the crape out of him.

EXACTAMONDO. Regardless of ladder position we MUST set out, in every game from now until year's end (just in relation to this year), give our very best in every way. We must develop a mongrel determination to ruthlessly deliver what the coaches demand... anything short of this commitment from everyone should be viewed as totally and absolutely inadequate and the perpetrator(s) shown the door with great swiftness. (interesting that the word 'perpetrator' has the word 'trator' in it).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #18
I'd drop Gibbs personally.

What is the logic behind dropping Gibbs?

Not best 22?
Poor Attitude?
Not living up the hype?

Secondly, what do you hope to achieve by doing so?

Reply #19
The smart thing to do is to get games into Menzel, Buckley, Graham and Bell if he's available to set those players up for next season, we could do that and still be picking competitive teams.
We made the mistake with Yarran of not playing him enough in his first season then dropping him after one bad game in his second.
Talented players are hard to find and we should make the most of the ones we've got.
Blood the kids ? We only have 2 or 3 good enough to blood. Do we have evidence that by blooding said kids that it actually prepares them better for the next season ?
This

Even If the Scum lose points and we climb into the 8, we won't trouble Hawthorn, Geelong or Sydney. We'd be better served by preparing for next season and blooding the kids who will make it.

Reply #20
How would we tell between cue in the rack and the sh1t we've dished up at different times this year.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #21
How would we tell between cue in the rack and the sh1t we've dished up at different times this year.

Players may well decide when the cue goes in the rack.

Reply #22

Could be the shortest time frame in history of a coach losing the players.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #23

Not sure apparently Neeld made a fair attempt.

Reply #24

Not sure apparently Neeld made a fair attempt.

MM taught him everything he knew. :)

Reply #25
Cue in the rack....again.   Another wasted year.  

Not enough leaders on the park.  We won't be any good until this is addressed.

Reply #26
Cue in the rack....again.   Another wasted year.  

Not enough leaders on the park.  We won't be any good until this is addressed.

Agree about leadership on the park but it's a club leadership problem as well. We are still paying for the dark years in many ways. Our development and development 'culture' has been crap.

Reply #27
Our team previously full of X-factor players who could burn up the field is looking very slow, pedestrian and one-paced.

Put in the kids, get some excitement happening.

Reply #29
I would also throw in Graham at the expense of either Cachia Curnow, Armfield