Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 12: Northern Blues vs Port Melbourne (Read 10895 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd 12: Northern Blues vs Port Melbourne

Reply #30
Is Crippa's young cousin still playing for us? I think he was in dev side.
Gone back to Perth. At least that was what I heard last. Not on the list any longer.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #31
Reading through Crashes thoughts, not a lot left there to be enthused about. Especially Jakash really has turned out to be a disappointment under 2 coaches now

Reply #32
Reading through Crashes thoughts, not a lot left there to be enthused about. Especially Jakash really has turned out to be a disappointment under 2 coaches now

Jaksch played well in the VFL quite often but never got a run. Has a bad attitude, which is probably the reason he hasn't got a run. Bolton won't touch those types. I'm thinking Jaksch has given up now. Has ability but wasted a good career.

Reply #33
Jaksch played well in the VFL quite often but never got a run. Has a bad attitude, which is probably the reason he hasn't got a run. Bolton won't touch those types. I'm thinking Jaksch has never given up now. Has ability but wasted a good career.

I reckon he'll be picked up as a delisted free agent or rookied by an AFL club. Malthouse totally screwed this one up.

Reply #34
I reckon he'll be picked up as a delisted free agent or rookied by an AFL club. Malthouse totally screwed this one up.

I think Jaksch totally screwed this one up... ????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #35

Jaksch, not a chance.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #36
Jaksch, not a chance.

Agree at this stage....not sure what his problem is as he has the tools to be a good footballer, saw him at U18 level and he could play both ends, take good marks and a couple of times
he played for GWS that I watched he was ok...
Doesnt seem interested for long periods and gives no second or 3rd efforts.....

Reply #37
Interesting that Bolton is now getting asked about McKay at pressers. Feel pressure is building on the young man which makes it even more surprising he appears to lack intensity and effort in the last few weeks.

Perhaps he is tired and needs to be rested

Reply #38
There must be a psych test that can test players' 'hunger'?

Some just simply don't have it, no matter their natural ability or physical attributes....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #39
I think Smedts and Palmer are the least of our worries. They aren't in our best 22, they'll probably be with us as basically VFL players for experience in 2018 and then be gone. I've got no issue with that whatsoever.

The big one is this upcoming trade/FA/draft period. Well another critical one anyway...

Josh Kelly and Jacob Hopper have to be in our sights surely. Are we after a Dusty Martin as a FA?

Will Gibbs go back to SA, and the Crows? If he does, I'm would say thankyou, very sincerely for his services and for an outstanding leadership and playing role he has produced thus far in 2017. He's been outstanding! What a pro!

Are we into any KPP's? Lever? McGovern? Gunston? Lobb?

Will Casboult go?

For me the delistings include:

Buckley
Boekhorst
Sumner
Jaksch
Gorringe
Armfield
White

What of the future of Thomas? 50/50 IMO. Open to him staying. Just depends on who comes and goes IMHO.

Lamb plays a bit of a niggle/pressure/tagging half-forward role now. Suits him IMO, and I'd like to explore that for the rest of the year, before making a call on his playing future.

Lebois??? Benefit of the doubt in his 1st year and with his injuries, but he'd want to show something or he's gone. Horrible yet again on Saturday in the VFL. I didn't even know he was playing!

Of the rookies, we should keep Alex Silvagni and Sheehan.

I am open to keeping Glass-McCasker and Korcheck. Reckon JGM showed a bit on the weekend. Korcheck, I just wonder if he'll get there. After all, we want him to become a bona-fide AFL ruckman.

Delist Gallucci.

Reply #40
Korcheck, I just wonder if he'll get there. After all, we want him to become a bona-fide AFL ruckman.

We need to give Korchek another year I reckon.
Gorringe is no good at all and Phillips is injury prone and doesn't have much body strength, if Kreuzer goes down we're sunk.
Korchek is a helluva big unit and doesn't mind throwing his weight around, if he can genuinely pick up the game in the next twelve months he'll be good value.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #41
We need to give Korchek another year I reckon.
Gorringe is no good at all and Phillips is injury prone and doesn't have much body strength, if Kreuzer goes down we're sunk.
Korchek is a helluva big unit and doesn't mind throwing his weight around, if he can genuinely pick up the game in the next twelve months he'll be good value.

As a Cat B rookie, don't think it hurts to give him a 3rd year. Tough only into his 2nd year. He's improved.

Reply #42
I think Smedts and Palmer are the least of our worries. They aren't in our best 22, they'll probably be with us as basically VFL players for experience in 2018 and then be gone. I've got no issue with that whatsoever.

The big one is this upcoming trade/FA/draft period. Well another critical one anyway...

Josh Kelly and Jacob Hopper have to be in our sights surely. Are we after a Dusty Martin as a FA?

Will Gibbs go back to SA, and the Crows? If he does, I'm would say thankyou, very sincerely for his services and for an outstanding leadership and playing role he has produced thus far in 2017. He's been outstanding! What a pro!

Are we into any KPP's? Lever? McGovern? Gunston? Lobb?

Will Casboult go?

For me the delistings include:

Buckley
Boekhorst
Sumner
Jaksch
Gorringe
Armfield
White

What of the future of Thomas? 50/50 IMO. Open to him staying. Just depends on who comes and goes IMHO.

Lamb plays a bit of a niggle/pressure/tagging half-forward role now. Suits him IMO, and I'd like to explore that for the rest of the year, before making a call on his playing future.

Lebois??? Benefit of the doubt in his 1st year and with his injuries, but he'd want to show something or he's gone. Horrible yet again on Saturday in the VFL. I didn't even know he was playing!

Of the rookies, we should keep Alex Silvagni and Sheehan.

I am open to keeping Glass-McCasker and Korcheck. Reckon JGM showed a bit on the weekend. Korcheck, I just wonder if he'll get there. After all, we want him to become a bona-fide AFL ruckman.

Delist Gallucci.

I guess how many we off is also  function of who we pick up - in the various drafts and through trading?

Graham safe, solid back up. imho.

Disappointed Sumner hasn't cut it - had high hopes...

Will Boeky keep a spot by default if he keeps hitting 35+ possies?

ditto White as a back up?

He played very well against the Crows.

I'd be looking very hard at that WA full forward fellow - Saunders - unlikely to cost much...can play. Would clearly do very well at VFL level and maybe at the elite level...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #43
As a Cat B rookie, don't think it hurts to give him a 3rd year. Tough only into his 2nd year. He's improved.

Definitely.
His ruck work is already way ahead of Gorringe but he doesn't get involved in general play much, that's what he needs to work on.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #44
Korchek...no idea really about AFL footy...delist
Sheehan, good kick, but injury prone and needs selective opponents IMO...gone
Sumner...skills are ok but doesnt find enough footy..delist.
Lamb....at this stage he might get another year as he has shown a bit of mongrel in his last few games...
Gorringe....bruise free footballer....gone
Philips....good value IMO...skills are ok but can get injured...
Armfield...been a goer but is more value in a off field role.
Boekhorst...not suited to the hard physical take no prisoners approach of AFL footy...delist.
Simon White...done well to play as many games as he has but with Alex Silvagni offering more I'd move him on...butchers the ball too much.
Graham....good VFL player and can be handy at AFL level but dont see any major upside..
Jaksch...about as intense as a maccas soft serve on a 40 degree day...gone
Thomas...probably will get the extra year..
Smedts....list fill
Palmer...can be handy and probably deserved more senior games but will only play out his contract as backup.
Buckley....hasnt matured  physically and we can only have so many small bodies on the list, doesnt do enough even in the VFL...
Lebois...skills are good but looks like a schoolboy in terms of body size...one more year maybe
Gallucci...back to Willy...