Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Party!: AFL 2020 Rd 3: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 11552 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Game Party!: AFL 2020 Rd 3: Carlton vs Geelong

I want his to be the thread for a party, not a wake.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2020 Rd 3: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #1
I want his to be the thread for a party, not a wake.
It is a party! We win! But, by God, we tried to lose it!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2020 Rd 3: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #2
Better to be hangin' on than chasin' 😁
Reality always wins in the end.

Re: Post Game Party!: AFL 2020 Rd 3: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #3
Thank @#$#! for that!!!!

Geelong always come hard no matter what position they're in. Hence I was nervous.

Reply #4
Marc Pittonet, come on down! Great effort.
We still need more in the midfield. Cripps was fantastic, but we couldn't get the ball out in the last quarter.
Not enough from quite a few, but there were some good signs!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5

Thank god for Eddie!!!!!!!

Reply #6
GEELONG   1.2   4.6    6.7   11.11 (77)
CARLTON   5.3   9.5   12.6   12.7 (79)

GOALS
Geelong: Hawkins 2, Rohan 2, Bews, Guthrie, Miers, Selwood, Stanley, Taylor, Atkins
Carlton: Betts 2, Casboult 2, Cripps 2, McGovern 2, Murphy 2, Gibbons, McKay,

INJURIES
Geelong: Dahlhaus (Concussion)
Carlton: TBC

We should have won by at least 5 goals!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
Heart in my mouth for the 2nd half 😦

As MM said "1 point is 4 points". I say anything less than 7 points is a heart attack 🥴

We came to play from the first bounce and did just enough to hold off a strong finishing quality side.

Pitto might be our new poster boy. Played a blaster against more experienced ruckman.

Last week we were the better side, bar a couple of fixable errors. Tonight we fixed the q1 nap and now we're singing the song. Don't give up on the Teague train folks. It's building up steam.

Crikey. I need to catch my breath. Also need to wet my whistle.

Can't wait to see post match whinging pudding face 😈

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #8
Nail biting finish but a great win, particularly on the Cats' dunghill.

The moment for me was when Walsh had a crack at Guthrie after he was dumped in a crude tackle.  Walsh may not be getting as much of the ball as he did last season but adding some aggro to his tool kit is a damn good sign.

Having Eddie showing leadership in the forward line and delving into his bag of tricks is priceless!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #9
No crowd was a deciding point in the finish. A thumping GMHBA stadium for the last 5 minutes could have seen a different story......stiff!!

Reply #10
Maybe there is a God!! 

I'd crawled off to my kennel earlier in embarrassment thinking I'd called it (a loss) wrong yesterday and assuming we'd romp it in.   How little we know but great to see some fight

Reply #11
No crowd was a deciding point in the finish. A thumping GMHBA stadium for the last 5 minutes could have seen a different story......stiff!!
I said that having to play them at GMHBA could've been a blessing in disguise.

You get some much needed experience at the ground without having to worry about the HUGE crowd advantage that comes with it.

Suffer in your jocks catters.

Reply #12
To all the Eddie knockers.........crickets..........
Pls kick straight Harry

Reply #13
Elwood picked it!

Rapt we won and played the best 3 quarters I’ve seen us for over a decade in kicking into the F50.

Pittonet palm downs were Harry madden like. He can play. No doubt about it. Early days I know but great replacement for Kruezer. Ruck work is great and is more then handy around the ball. Like what I’ve seen after quarter time last week.

I’m a plowman fan but FMD when the game gets close he just seems to be the one that teams go thru to score. Always makes me the most nervous.

The lack of midfield senior bodies nearly cost us the game. We needed more senior runners thru the corridor as cats were just running past us as we stopped like were shot in the last.

Martin is a nice pickup and Im happy to admit I was wrong about him. He is better then I thought. He’s composed and puts hes head over it when he has too which is a great sign.  Has added some real class and pace to our midfield. Hopefully will get better as the year goes on.

Well done boys. Nice win.

Now follow it up next week 

Reply #14
I posted this in the pre-match.

Might've been 1 in a million (as per dumb and dumber) but somethimes thats all you need.