Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 433988 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #2220
Its ok, they were saying they are going to use Robots in hotel quarantine now.

What could possibly go wrong?
Saw that article lol
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2221
It's amazing how long it can take for close contacts to show up as positive, the latency in this virus, what is it now 3 weeks since the primary detection and we get new cases in close contacts. That is probably way beyond 14 days!

Keep in mind that if you get a vaccine shot, it takes 2 to 3 weeks to deliver the benefits, apparently this is somehow related to how long the body takes to formulate memory T cells, and why the second shot has to be delayed by some interval to maximise the memory T cell response which is a big contributor to long term resistance.

For those interested, apparently the Pfizer vaccine maximise antibody response while the AstraZeneca vaccine maximise T cell response, which is why some are now promoting cross vaccination as a better solution long term solution. This issue of T cell formation is also a contributing reason why it appears delaying the second shot delivers and stronger result.

Nice analogy;
Think of antibodies as the bureaucrats and politicians that try to avoid a war, and the T cells as the soldiers that fight one if it breaks out! You build the army under the perception of future threats.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2222
What I don't get is why you can't at least ask which vaccine you're receiving.

Reply #2223
The vulnerable and important will get the Pfizer. The rest of us will get the B grade vaccine.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2224
The vulnerable and important will get the Pfizer. The rest of us will get the B grade vaccine.
The illness prevention efficacy of each is similar long term, in that both are apparently reporting almost perfect efficacy for prevention of serious symptoms and illness. The figures we see quoted in the media are complex and grossly simplified, because they are combination of resistance, detention and prevention. The media think you are too dumb to understand the full details, so they deliver a simplified version.

Also, the media are often politically motivated, or perhaps some journalists or editors have shares in one or the other company. It's ironic that the media will demand transparency over conflicts of interest from politicians and bureaucrats, but do not declare their own! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2225
The media are not the ones who have made the decision to not give the AstraZ vaccine to the elderly.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2226
The media are not the ones who have made the decision to not give the AstraZ vaccine to the elderly.
Do we actually have AstraZeneca vaccine available yet, is there really a choice?

btw., There may be good reasons for that, I do not know specifics about these vaccines as such but I have read that vaccines can work differently dependant on age. For examples some vaccines do not work at all in young children but work in adults, and vice versa some work in kids but not adults. A good example is perhaps the Whooping Cough vaccine.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2228

A few politicians have decided to get the AstraZ to show that it's safe including Greg Hunt who is now in hospital with an "infection".

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2229
A few politicians have decided to get the AstraZ to show that it's safe including Greg Hunt who is now in hospital with an "infection".

The science shows its perfectly fine and any "other" reactions are due to correlation not causation...

NOTE: I am being deliberately facetious when I state that.  I expect no honesty when there is so much at stake globally.  What I find really interesting is that a country like Greece has been vaccinating already, and yet we are seeing a 3rd wave daily spike as high as ever.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #2230
The science shows its perfectly fine and any "other" reactions are due to correlation not causation...

NOTE: I am being deliberately facetious when I state that.  I expect no honesty when there is so much at stake globally.  What I find really interesting is that a country like Greece has been vaccinating already, and yet we are seeing a 3rd wave daily spike as high as ever.

Is there a difference between "mainstream" science and "proper" science and how can we tell the difference. when political agendas are in play?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2231
A bacterial infection.

To date, more than 320 million doses of COVID vaccine have now been issued globally with zero attributed deaths!

All the vaccines show 100% efficacy when preventing severe cases of SARS-CoV-2. Effectiveness at preventing transmission is still unknown and will be unknown for many more weeks or months.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2232

To date Greece has hardly vaccinated anybody, and most of the vaccinations have come in the last 30 days, it takes 2 to 4 weeks for vaccinations to build T-Cell memory and immunity.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2233
Sunrise’s caption:

Sick Hunt in Hospital  ::)

It’s not surprising that media outlets are running the line, “his condition is not believed to be linked to receiving a COVID vaccine.”  Responsible journalism would see the statement, “Minister Hunt has a bacterial infection that is not linked to his recent COVID vaccination.”
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2234
Not buying it. With rushed vaccines you're going to have problems and AstraZ has problems.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!