Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 12: Northern Blues vs Port Melbourne (Read 10861 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Rd 12: Northern Blues vs Port Melbourne

Reply #45
Korchek...no idea really about AFL footy...delist
Sheehan, good kick, but injury prone and needs selective opponents IMO...gone
Sumner...skills are ok but doesnt find enough footy..delist.
Lamb....at this stage he might get another year as he has shown a bit of mongrel in his last few games...
Gorringe....bruise free footballer....gone
Philips....good value IMO...skills are ok but can get injured...
Armfield...been a goer but is more value in a off field role.
Boekhorst...not suited to the hard physical take no prisoners approach of AFL footy...delist.
Simon White...done well to play as many games as he has but with Alex Silvagni offering more I'd move him on...butchers the ball too much.
Graham....good VFL player and can be handy at AFL level but dont see any major upside..
Jaksch...about as intense as a maccas softer serve on a 40 degree day...gone
Thomas...probably will get the extra year..
Smedts....list fill
Palmer...can be handy and probably deserved more senior games but will only play out his contract as backup.
Buckley....hasnt matured  physically and we can only have so many small bodies on the list, doesnt do enough even in the VFL...
Lebois...skills are good but looks like a schoolboy in terms of body size...one more year maybe
Gallucci...back to Willy...

My thoughts.
4 stay (green)
4 go (red)
of the 9 others (orange) we keep about half as required to balance the list.

Reply #46
My thoughts.
4 stay (green)
4 go (red)
of the 9 others (orange) we keep about half as required to balance the list.

My take on it is similar, although I think it will also depend on our trade deals.

If Gibbs goes, Armfield could stay as cover.  Gorringe might be another we persist with simply through lack of other ruck options.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #47
Touhy deal gave us the upgrade needed to get Marchbank. We essentially swapped Touhy for Marchbank and Smedts. Smedts was steak knives essentially.

Even allowing for Smedts we did well there. Big time!

At this rate, we better start calling them the Northern Steak Knives.....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #48
Josh Fraser
"48. Kristian Jaksch
Stats: 16 disposals, 7 marks, 3 rebound 50s
From the coach: We’re trying to work really hard on his work-rate away from the contest and how he can impact the game through his positioning defensively. He competed really well in the contest: the next step is ensuring he’s proactive when the ball is away from his area at all times. "

Is that simply code for 'The guy is lazy!'  Make way for a kid who will have a crack.

Reply #49
My take on it is similar, although I think it will also depend on our trade deals.

If Gibbs goes, Armfield could stay as cover.  Gorringe might be another we persist with simply through lack of other ruck options.

Gorringe needs the Liam Jones makeover treatment in a different position or he is finished as an AFL player IMO...too soft and his ruck skills are very novice like......

Reply #50
Josh Fraser
"48. Kristian Jaksch
From the coach: We’re trying to work really hard on his work-rate away from the contest and how he can impact the game through his positioning defensively. He competed really well in the contest: the next step is ensuring he’s proactive when the ball is away from his area at all times. "

Is that simply code for 'The guy is lazy!'  Make way for a kid who will have a crack.

I'd play Jaksch in the ruck this week....played about 5 mins in one game I saw and his skills were surprisingly ok....playing in the ruck means he has to track the ball, think and work.....

Reply #51
Josh Fraser
"48. Kristian Jaksch

Yep. There was a classic scene in the first (?) episode of The Journey in which Neil Craig was hounding him during pre-season about pushing hard during one of the running drills. He needs to be pushed because he is incapable or unwilling to of push himself.