Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 30362 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 16: Post Game Passion: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #165
How many games do we give him?

100? 150? By the time he gets that far he'll have to retire.

He's been on an afl list for 7 years now. He weighed in close to 100kg when he was drafted. He's been a monster who couldn't kick since day 1. Now he's lost his puppy fat, got some definition and improved his tank....but he still can't kick.

Big blokes take longer, sure, if they haven't got it after 7 years, they ain't going to get it.

I'm not saying drop him, never to return. I'm saying plan for the future without him ASAP. He isn't good enough to be relied upon and the sooner we find a replacement the better off we'll be.

Our match committee thinks otherwise and I tend to go along with their thinking when it comes to whether players are good enough  :)

The Hun did a piece on this year's best and worst set shots.  Casboult didn't make the best ten but he didn't make the worst ten either.  That honour went to Stringer, McCarthy, Fasolo, Franklin, Castagna, Hipwood, Lynch, Darling, Daniher and Moore.  I wouldn't mind any of that lot in Navy Blue.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #166
Our match committee thinks otherwise and I tend to go along with their thinking when it comes to whether players are good enough  :)

The Hun did a piece on this year's best and worst set shots.  Casboult didn't make the best ten but he didn't make the worst ten either.  That honour went to Stringer, McCarthy, Fasolo, Franklin, Castagna, Hipwood, Lynch, Darling, Daniher and Moore.  I wouldn't mind any of that lot in Navy Blue.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/where-does-your-club-rank-on-the-key-goalkicking-stats-for-the-2017-afl-season/news-story/8185c071db85174c9099b60ecbd02475

If you hit the paywall, do a google search for "herald sun best worst set shots."

Reply #167
Cas is currently sitting on 23.13, but I can't find how many shots he's had.

Reply #168
Re: R16 Us v Dees.
I just received an email advising I've won the Match Day Experience Raffle. I hope its not a hoax - probably not, but did cross my mind :-[
Evidently it's a match worn signed guernsey.
I hope they made a few dollars on the day. I believe there was a good crowd.
Me  ;D ;D ;D grinning from ear to ear.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #169

It seems, you, and others, are misunderstanding me.

The match committee picks players to play games each and every week. They, obviously, are picking casboult.

I too would pick him currently, because we have nobody else.

HOWEVER, long term, i don't want to have to pick casboult because i don't think we can rely on him to be a key target. He is simply not good enough. Yes, he is the best we have, but he is the best of a bad (underdeveloped) bunch.

Reply #170
It seems, you, and others, are misunderstanding me.

The match committee picks players to play games each and every week. They, obviously, are picking casboult.

I too would pick him currently, because we have nobody else.

HOWEVER, long term, i don't want to have to pick casboult because i don't think we can rely on him to be a key target. He is simply not good enough. Yes, he is the best we have, but he is the best of a bad (underdeveloped) bunch.

The only reason our MC will stop picking Casboult in the next couple of years will be because some other MC will be picking him ... and I hope that's not the case.  I'm looking forward to watching him play alongside Charlie and another tall, be it McKay, Kerr or someone else.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball