Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 4: Carlton vs North Melbourne in Hobart (Read 31746 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 4: Carlton vs North Melbourne in Hobart

Next Saturday we play North in Hobart. They are playing better than we are at the moment.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 4: Carlton vs North Melbourne in Hobart

Reply #1
Next Saturday we play North in Hobart. They are playing better than we are at the moment.

The womens team are playing better than we are at the moment....and they finished last!

Reply #2
Non-contributors - time for the VFL drop:
•   Polson – not ready for the big time yet
•   Lamb – not a good enough player to lose focus by pushing and shoving all match
•   Mullett – good impression of the invisible man

Disappointing so far:
•   Kennedy – looks slow of foot and hand – hopefully the ankle injury is a factor
•   Weitering – stuffed around by the match committee last year and this
•   Jones + Plowman – struggling to cope with unpressured movement into the forward line

Skilled players but can we carry this many?
•   Fisher – best of this group so far this season
•   SPS – brilliant skills but doesn’t work hard enough without the ball
•   Garlett – looks the goods but needs to contribute more
•   Dow – will be good but can we carry this many?

Reply #3
Everything old is new again.

Too much left to too few and a few kids still finding their feet bringing intermittent competitiveness to the table.

We are playing a few men down every week and whilst that happens we won't win many.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4
I watch a quarter and a half of the VFL game and had seen more than enough.

Nobody trying to bang down the door to demand senior selection. >:(

Kerridge, Graham and Silvagni are showing us what we already know about them and should be considered for senior selection.

Phillips will probably be first in line if Kreuzer misses again - Rowe is an established option when he is match fit again.

I like the way O'Brien and De Koning move so they are worth observing for further development.

Reply #5
I watch a quarter and a half of the VFL game and had seen more than enough.

Nobody trying to bang down the door to demand senior selection. >:(

Kerridge, Graham and Silvagni are showing us what we already know about them and should be considered for senior selection.

Phillips will probably be first in line if Kreuzer misses again - Rowe is an established option when he is match fit again.

I like the way O'Brien and De Koning move so they are worth observing for further development.

I've watched 3 quarters of the VFL game so far... I must be a masochist. Beyond woeful.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6
Friday night wasn't the unmitigated disaster that some are painting it as, in fact none of our three losses have been without some positives.
If we focus for four quarters in Tassie next Saturday we can win, and a win or two can change things around very quickly.
I'd get Silvagni back in the team if only for his work rate, and that he can hit the scoreboard which Lamb struggles to do, if Marchbank doesn't come up I'd throw Kerridge in for a bit of grunt.
We have enough tall defenders for North, Weitering can take Brown and Jones can have Waite.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #7
Friday night wasn't the unmitigated disaster that some are painting it as, in fact none of our three losses have been without some positives.
If we focus for four quarters in Tassie next Saturday we can win, and a win or two can change things around very quickly.
I'd get Silvagni back in the team if only for his work rate, and that he can hit the scoreboard which Lamb struggles to do, if Marchbank doesn't come up I'd throw Kerridge in for a bit of grunt.
We have enough tall defenders for North, Weitering can take Brown and Jones can have Waite.

Brown will kick ten on Weitering......

Reply #8
Non-contributors - time for the VFL drop:
•   Polson – not ready for the big time yet
•   Lamb – not a good enough player to lose focus by pushing and shoving all match
•   Mullett – good impression of the invisible man

Disappointing so far:
•   Kennedy – looks slow of foot and hand – hopefully the ankle injury is a factor
•   Weitering – stuffed around by the match committee last year and this
•   Jones + Plowman – struggling to cope with unpressured movement into the forward line

Skilled players but can we carry this many?
•   Fisher – best of this group so far this season
•   SPS – brilliant skills but doesn’t work hard enough without the ball
•   Garlett – looks the goods but needs to contribute more
•   Dow – will be good but can we carry this many?

Agree with all of that - unfortunately the alternatives are even worse than the guys listed above, perhaps with the exception of Phillips, OBrien and Silvagni, until Pickett, Williamson and Lang return from injury in a months time.

Reply #9
I've watched 3 quarters of the VFL game so far... I must be a masochist. Beyond woeful.

Masochist indeed - 4 quarters last night plus one and a half today was my limit.

How are things in Author's Retreat?

Reply #10
Friday night wasn't the unmitigated disaster that some are painting it as, in fact none of our three losses have been without some positives......................................................

Agree.

Reply #11
Masochist indeed - 4 quarters last night plus one and a half today was my limit.

How are things in Author's Retreat?

Very good, thank you Squire. I am planning to make the loooong trek to a few NBs games... will let you know, be good to catch-up. All good in your world I hope. Cheers...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #12
Very good, thank you Squire. I am planning to make the loooong trek to a few NBs games... will let you know, be good to catch-up. All good in your world I hope. Cheers...

:) :) :)

Reply #14
We have a big problem coming next weekend, Norp's on-ball division is considerably deeper and stronger than the Collingwood we played Friday night.

The only thing in our favour may be that Norp have a little less leg speed than the Pies, but then again in the wash-up it appears we are in the same boat, a slow boat!
The Force Awakens!